THE BROWNS BOARD

cowher in a nutshell........

Tiffinbacker

First off, B.C. was a great motivator, but he was always surrounded by great assistants, many of wich went on to head coaching positions, ala. malarky, wizz, grimm(should be a head coach ), labeau, marvin lewis, dom capers ect....

Second, the brownies need someone that can evaluate talent at the college level not on the "i had a good year last year in the nfl, so give me money" level.

B.C is not that guy, in pitt, he was not responsible fo drafting players, the g.m is and when cowher was given his 1 guy a year pick that pick has all but been a bust...

the browns, in my opinion, do not need a coach as bad as they need a g.m and a new scouting dept.

i think they need a coach, just saying that there is a greater need to evaluate talent and how well that talent can perform in a team enviroment, these things cannot be coached, they are the make ups of people personality, until the browns draft or sign team first players no coach will win here.

I believe in guys like Cowher because I really think the motivational part drives players to play beyond their comfort zone.

The coaches that show they're behind their guys - emotionally - get these guys fired up.

Last night Dallas' Wade Phillips looks just like RAC. Stands there like; 'is there a game going on here ... where ?', while Mike Tomlin is bouncing around on the sideline, slapping his players and getting THEM fired up.

RAC does nothing for guys like BE, DA, etc., etc. in getting them back into the game when their game heads south and does even less for getting a team mometum going. Jamal Lewis, Big Sean, Cribbs, is not enough to get the team fired up. Can you picture RAC shouting and bouncing around in the locker room at pregame or halftime ? Not to mention what bad visual that gives, I see him walking in slowly with a 'guys, just do the best you can' inspirational STATEMENT at best. Then a quick turn for the donuts.

They need it all.

Indeed we do savage needs to at minimum lose some power the coach should have a huge say in who they put on the field but only a seasoned coach like marty or cowher should have this power a coach like crennelephant shouldnt because he is a poor evaluator of talent or even how to use certain players to get maximum results..its important to have good coordinators and assistants too something rac does not have or seem to know how to get..player developement is something this coaching staff does not understand well..

I believe in guys like Cowher because I really think the motivational part drives players to play beyond their comfort zone.

The coaches that show they're behind their guys - emotionally - get these guys fired up.

Last night Dallas' Wade Phillips looks just like RAC. Stands there like; 'is there a game going on here ... where ?', while Mike Tomlin is bouncing around on the sideline, slapping his players and getting THEM fired up.

RAC does nothing for guys like BE, DA, etc., etc. in getting them back into the game when their game heads south and does even less for getting a team mometum going. Jamal Lewis, Big Sean, Cribbs, is not enough to get the team fired up. Can you picture RAC shouting and bouncing around in the locker room at pregame or halftime ? Not to mention what bad visual that gives, I see him walking in slowly with a 'guys, just do the best you can' inspirational STATEMENT at best. Then a quick turn for the donuts.

>> Imagines. TSUNAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII RUN FOR UR LIFE !!!!!

>> Cowher will not take over Browns and that is that. It may have to do with respect for rooneys and Cleveland being in the same division, also there are other teams that want a Cowher type coach. So why should he take Cleveland ?

>> Mike tomlin is also not the great motivational coach ... from what I see, he seems a shrewd guy with a well balanced team. If i need a team that needs structuring and rebuilding, I will not go to him. Dallas loss was something that was the Defense of the Steelrs having an excellent + lucky game. I'm still putting my money on Dallas if they meet again in playoffs.

No offense but are you serious?!?!?!

Have you watched RAC?? He's like watching a slug.

I think we have talent on the team (IMO drafting/scouting is a crap shoot, you win some you lose some). We just need a decent coach to light a fire under them!

RAC doesn't even have matches.

I don't like Savage (think he's an idiot who has no professional ethics) but I'm not going to judge his drafting/scouting abilities until I see some changes at HC.

Personally, I think Cowher already said no and that's why the rumor mill says Marty is in Berea today.

hahaha that was good

Phil Savage is a great talent evaluator, we dont need someone else monopolizing the situation.

oh by the way, screw cowhers steeler ass, we dont need him

Marty 09

First off, B.C. was a great motivator, but he was always surrounded by great assistants, many of wich went on to head coaching positions, ala. malarky, wizz, grimm(should be a head coach ), labeau, marvin lewis, dom capers ect....

Second, the brownies need someone that can evaluate talent at the college level not on the "i had a good year last year in the nfl, so give me money" level.

B.C is not that guy, in pitt, he was not responsible fo drafting players, the g.m is and when cowher was given his 1 guy a year pick that pick has all but been a bust...

the browns, in my opinion, do not need a coach as bad as they need a g.m and a new scouting dept.

Man, you need to get a grip on reality, Cowher isn't coming and it doesn't matter how many threads you start. How can you judge Savage's drafts when RAC sucks so bad. He can't get anybody to play to their potential. Might be the nicest guy in the world that guys love, but he isn't a head coach.

First off, B.C. was a great motivator, but he was always surrounded by great assistants, many of wich went on to head coaching positions, ala. malarky, wizz, grimm(should be a head coach ), labeau, marvin lewis, dom capers ect...

And the fact he continued to REPLACE them with god assistants should show he has a good shot at picking out a staff and piecing them together and they be good too.

Point is I don't care WHO is our next HC, but Cower MAY be a bit over rated considering between us and the Bungles that was pretty close to 4 guaranteed wins each season.

Archived