THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns helmet logo

The Gipper

Then, there is this possibility:

4079408340_61d06a2b63_o.png

Its hard to argue having cleveland brown on the side of the browns helm, it also represents the browns fans general lack of enthusiasm..if we had to have a logo this would be it! hehehehe

Im for no logo, no brown pants and generally out of tradition no cheerleaders however i could be swayed and fall victim to the browns getting cheerleaders....;)

Here is the helmet that was proposed for a potential Baltimore expansion team if they got one in the 90s. Of course, they didn't get one, Jacksonville and Carolina did:

NFL_Bombers.gif

They did get one in the 90's. Wonder why they didn't go with this when they got the Ravens?

Here's an interesting site topic on a different forum about Unused Uniforms I think on page 4? or something they show the full uniform for the Bombers and also the unused logo and uniforms for the Jaguars. They were actually taken to court over their original logo, because Ford Motor Company felt it was too close to the logo used for Jaguar cars (which was owned by Ford at the time). Sometimes that site has interesting stuff, but most of those people are a bit overly obsessed with uniforms and they are a bit weird, so try not to spend too much time there haha

They did get one in the 90's. Wonder why they didn't go with this when they got the Ravens?

I think that when it was decided that Baltimore would get a new franchise, Modell elected to let the fans vote on the name. I think most of them associated "The Bombers" with the failed attempt at expansion, thus they rejected that name.

Plus, I think there may have been some political correctness going on. I think the league wanted to get away from an image of warfare and violence. That is why the NBA got the Washington Bullets to change their name to the Wizards. (That plus,"The Bullets" was associated with The Baltimore Bullets, and they wanted to dissassociate from Baltimore)

Here's an interesting site topic on a different forum about Unused Uniforms I think on page 4? or something they show the full uniform for the Bombers and also the unused logo and uniforms for the Jaguars. They were actually taken to court over their original logo, because Ford Motor Company felt it was too close to the logo used for Jaguar cars (which was owned by Ford at the time). Sometimes that site has interesting stuff, but most of those people are a bit overly obsessed with uniforms and they are a bit weird, so try not to spend too much time there haha

That original Jags logo is much sweeter than the one they use. Too bad these companies are so damn touchy about stupid Shite like that. I would think they would have wanted the association. Or, perhaps they just wanted money and the Jags didn't want to give them money. They should have.

Also, the original Ravens design that Modell stole from the guy that produced it was much sweeter than the one they ended up with. Too bad Modell was such a cheap asshole and didn't just pay the guy for it. It would have been nicer, but instead, he decided to be a cheap turd and steal it and show his true colors.

Archived