THE BROWNS BOARD

Obama: Israeli raid on aid flotilla was 'tragic'

VaporTrail

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama is calling the deadly Israeli raid on an aid flotilla bound for the Gaza Strip "tragic" and says the loss of life that resulted was unnecessary.

Obama stopped short of condemning the actions of Israeli forces, saying that the U.S. wants to wait for an investigation. Obama says he believes Israel should agree to such an investigation because the incident isn't good for their long-term security.

Nine people were killed during Monday's predawn raid of a flotilla attempting to break Israel's blockade of Gaza.

Obama spoke in an interview with CNN's Larry King airing Thursday night.

Look, T and Cal, especially you. Our administration doesn't have a clue what's going on. Neither do you. Nor do I. There are still conflicting reports coming from every angle. How can you guys be so sure that everything happened as you claim it did? The greatest tool when sorting out news is doubt. Whereas, I feel you guys just read a conservative article and jizz all over it (scuse the language). I may do the same thing with liberal newsbreaks. I did when the wikileaks video came out. The fact is, no one knows what is going on. A more thorough investigation needs to be done before we can jump to any conclusions. Seriously, try to keep a little more composure before you go saying shit like, "the whole boat should have been sunk."

The whole thing has been orchestrated for political posturing in an attempt to demonize Israel. they have a right to protect their borders and they are oing something about it. Atleast they dont act like a bunch of cowards.

Would Winston Churchill be PC with todays standards?

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. - Winston Churchill

That may be the case, however, as of now, it's just as likely that they opened fire on an unarmed flotilla. An American citizen was apparently killed. Shot in the head four times and once in the chest. The pictures I've seen of "weapons" included a bunch of pocket knives and rifle scopes. I've yet to see anything that justified the level of force that they used. Churchill is irrelevant.

Oh, yes I do, Vapor:

The film does not lie

#1 IDF initial approach to boarding Mavi Marmara via boat, filmed by passengers aboard Mavi Marmara. Passengers attacking IDF and throw plates, stun grenades and brandishing steel rods and chains.

#2 Side-shot of IDF boarding Mavi Marmara from helicopters. IDF seen being beaten with rods, soldiers beaten with metal pole and chair, an apparently unconscious soldier is thrown over the side to the boat.

#3 Overhead shot from helicopters of Mavi Marmara deck. Passengers beating IDF boarders, stun grenades thrown, firebomb thrown at soldiers.

Given the above evidence of brutality and the following facts:

1) That Aid has been reaching Gaza every single day by legitimate means

2) that Egypt also was a partner in the embargo to Gaza.

3) That 5 other ships in this "Aid flotilla" managed to be boarded without significant incident.

Can you possibly defend the actions of these terrorist-passengers aboard the Mavi Marmara ?

Archived