THE BROWNS BOARD

More Lebron junk

cambridgeho

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/col...tory?id=5241556

The more I listen to these media guys, I think he is leaving. I dont want it to be true, but he should have saidd something by now about staying. He has the whole city at his finger tips and all of us is watching everything that is said about it. It sucks it might be over, but I felt the same way when Manny and Thome left the tribe. Its so amazing that one man can mean so much to a whole city and state. I know he is not obligated to do anything that he doesnt want to do, but he should know how much he means to OHIO. New York has people as big, if not bigger than him there, he would be only doing that gig for the money. I hope he stays, but if not I will still love my CAVS and probably hate him until he retires, kinda like I did Elway.

I get a completely different feeling, everything I've heard him say; says he want to stay. He's just holding the Cavs hostage to ensure he gets help next year. IMO the only way he leaves is if the Cavs dont get him any help. Help for the future, not just one year. He doesnt want to win just next year he wants to win every year. Shaq, Z, Jamison are not gonna get us to a Championship. The Cavs should do anything possible to get Bosh or Novitski. Then buy a 1st round pick and get a lengthy defender that can guard quicker taller point guards.

I get a completely different feeling, everything I've heard him say; says he want to stay. He's just holding the Cavs hostage to ensure he gets help next year. IMO the only way he leaves is if the Cavs dont get him any help. Help for the future, not just one year. He doesnt want to win just next year he wants to win every year. Shaq, Z, Jamison are not gonna get us to a Championship. The Cavs should do anything possible to get Bosh or Novitski. Then buy a 1st round pick and get a lengthy defender that can guard quicker taller point guards.

I completely agree on getting those guys, but how can we with no cap room. Another thing i was wondering, does Lebron say who he wants to play fo them? Also it is just crazy there hasnt been any kind of emotion saying he might be staying. I hope the FO can come through on this one or Cleveland as we know it will be hurting even worse then it it now. Im just happy the Browns are going to make the playoffs this year.

Shaq comes off the books this year, so that frees up about 20 million. Z is probably going to retire, that will free up how ever much he makes. Jamison, I think has a year left on his contract but he easily could be traded to free more space.

Or we could go a sign and trade route, send Jamison, Varejao, West to Toronto for Bosh

These media guys are just that - media guys. They don't know jack crap about anything usually. So their jobs, when information isn't flowing, is to spin stuff however they want to draw attention to their article and make money for whatever media agency they're working for. And they do that with fear, with far reaching twisting of words (like the ESPN article you linked) and sometimes outright lies and misinformation just to get you to read their article or watch their tv segment.

Lebron isn't telling us anything because this may be the only opportunity he has at free agency. He wants to see what options are out there. If he tells us his intentions, he ruins any offers and competition for his services. He signed his contract on purpose, knowing full well in July 2010 he'd have a choice and be in control of his life, rather than chained to one organization without any options. It's a very very smart business decision. That doesn't mean he's leaving Cleveland, and it doesn't mean he's staying in Cleveland, but really, these media pundit "experts" will do anything for a story this time of year and often times they take one or two sentences so far out of context just to make a point that usually isn't true.

The fact is the only people that know where Lebron is going right now is Lebron and his advisors. That's driving the media nuts (and the fans) but we're all just gonna have to wait till July.

Shaq comes off the books this year, so that frees up about 20 million. Z is probably going to retire, that will free up how ever much he makes. Jamison, I think has a year left on his contract but he easily could be traded to free more space.

Or we could go a sign and trade route, send Jamison, Varejao, West to Toronto for Bosh

I'd love to get Bosh, but in my book Andy is off the table in any trade, unless we can get a guy like Stoudemire in return. With Shaq and Z gone, he's the only legit big we have. JJ's willing to play the #5, but he's undersized.

Bosh is more in the true power forward mold like Garnett and Gasol.

Other than Jamison's humongous contract (but at least he has utility, if properly used, which Mike Brown wasn't in the Celtics series), the other serious anchor (that I posted elsewhere) the Cavs have is Mo Williams. His contract makes him untradeable, And the last two years of playoff basketball exposed him as woefully inadequate in the second season. I'd rather hang onto West- at least he's not afraid to drive the paint, and can actually play some semblance of defense.

• 2 weeks later...
If Boston wins then Finals do you think LeBron feels better about his situation in Cleveland?

Who knows what that man is thinking, He has the world around his pinkie right now. Im a huge Cavs fan and Lebron fan, but there are soon to be freeagents who should be getting some coverage too. Is espn just trying to make airtime with him or something? Dirk, Wade, Amare, Bosh, and who ever else is opting out early. This class of free agents is rediculous. Lebron wants championships, so if he was really smart he would play with Kobe as the Odom role, but he won't because he needs the spotlight. So is it really playing for a ring or playing for yourself?

Archived