THE BROWNS BOARD

June 6th is a very special day.... D Day!

Mr. T

My step dad always told me stories of his father serving that day, he was in the Navy and was on the ships that came after they stormed, he said you could see blood in the water 3 miles off shore and that those men who fought back then would punch the young pussies of today for talking shit about how bad they have it. Lots of men lost that day, but it was a great battle win for us. God Bless Them.

My wifes uncle was in one of the airborne drops along the hedge rows. They took over a farm behind the front lines, and then had to sit and wait until the rest caught up to them. My brother inlaws father marched all the way up from Italy, He was the only one not to get injured along the way from his company. My uncle faught the japs in Okinawa, only to see his best friend torn to shreds by machine gun fire.

My wifes uncle was in one of the airborne drops along the hedge rows. They took over a farm behind the front lines, and then had to sit and wait until the rest caught up to them. My brother inlaws father marched all the way up from Italy, He was the only one not to get injured along the way from his company. My uncle faught the japs in Okinawa, only to see his best friend torn to shreds by machine gun fire.

Generation X was some tough son of a bitches. Its just hard to imagine the crazy stuff they went through.

the Obamao is a disgrace.

God Bless all those soldiers who fought and served on D-Day,

and all the rest of the days in all the years...

Obama Fails to Commemorate D-Day

by Keith Koffler on June 7, 2010, 1:27 pm

President Obama is leading the country in two wars – three if you count the global war on terror – so you’d think he would be pretty focused on military matters. But not enough, apparently, to remember one of the bloodiest and most heroic days in U.S. military history.

Yesterday of course was the 66th anniversary of D-Day, when U.S. and British troops trudged gallantly onto beaches of Normandy under remorseless German fire – perhaps even more intense than that incurred by Secretary of State Clinton from Serb snipers in Bosnia.

But there was not a mention of the day by Obama; not even a press release or an eek on the White House blog.

Instead of commemorating June 6, the president PRETENDED it was July 4, heading over to Ford’s Theater to witness a performance, titled “America Celebrates July 4th at Ford’s Theatre.” The event was taped for broadcast to air, oddly, on July 2 on ABC.

“After all, it was exactly 234 years ago that a group of patriots — farmers and merchants, lawyers, physicians — pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor to an improbable experiment called America,” Obama said.

Perhaps Obama had Special Military Day fatigue, having had his Memorial Day speech washed out in Illinois. He was then forced to deliver the remarks that night to a hastily assembled group of sleepy soldiers in the “tactical fitness center” at Andrews Air Force Base.

Now, we’d be more forgiving if the president was averse to commemorating military anniversaries. But he’s clearly not. On March 14, Obama marked the 162nd anniversary of the 1848 Hungarian Revolution. He even got a day ahead of it.

“I send my warmest wishes to all those that will celebrate the anniversary of the 1848 Hungarian Revolution tomorrow,” he said.

To be fair, this may not be perfect evidence that he likes to mark hallowed days in military history. It’s possible his enthusiasm for heroic Magyars may have stemmed from the fact that the state with the most ethnic Hungarians is, BY FAR, Ohio – presidential battleground state supreme?

Archived