THE BROWNS BOARD

Jerome Harrison will attend the mandatory mini-camp

SJ_Browns

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...jerome_har.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns running back Jerome Harrison will attend Browns mandatory minicamp Thursday through Saturday despite skipping voluntary organized team activities this week, a source close to Harrison told The Plain Dealer today.

Harrison, a restricted free agent, has yet to sign his one-year tender, but signed an injury waiver that enabled him to participate in OTAs the previous two weeks.

Harrison missed this week because he went back home to Kalamazoo, Mich. for his football camp and another charity event. Both he and fullback Lawrence Vickers, also a restricted free agent, are expected to participate in the minicamp. Of the other three, D'Qwell Jackson, Matt Roth and Abe Elbam, Jackson has already said he will not attend.

The RFAs have until Tuesday to sign their tenders or risk having their offers significantly reduced.

Another player who's been skipping OTAs, kicker Phil Dawson, might not be at the minicamp, a source said. If not, Dawson will be fined for each day he misses.

dq must really think he's a beast and the browns can't live without him. i can't see phil being foolish and taking a hit like that by not showing up for camp.

Maiava, a rookie, played just as good or better in his absence, the Browns can do just fine without him, especially now with Fujita here.

He got a lot of tackles because MLBs are in the middle of the action, they're supposed to get a lot of tackles, he also got a lot of tackles on the years when there was a lot of bad tackling in general on the defense.

I definitely want Roth, Vickers, Dawson, Harrison back though, Elam would be good too for safety depth.

Maiava, a rookie, played just as good or better in his absence, the Browns can do just fine without him, especially now with Fujita here.

He got a lot of tackles because MLBs are in the middle of the action, they're supposed to get a lot of tackles, he also got a lot of tackles on the years when there was a lot of bad tackling in general on the defense.

I definitely want Roth, Vickers, Dawson, Harrison back though, Elam would be good too for safety depth.

i agree. dq and his agent are blowing his value as a lb for the browns up way too much. it seems like they're using his number of tackles as a means to inflate his worth to the browns, but stats don't always tell the whole story.

Archived