THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Indians Brothers

The Gipper

Here is this weeks Trivia. It is a single question.....one I DON'T know the complete answer to. Someone else asked me this this morning. See what you can do to help out:

In their history, the Cleveland Browns have had 4 players who had brothers who played for the Cleveland Indians. Who were the 4 sets of brothers?

(I can think of only 2 sets at this point. See how you do. Hint on the ones I know: one sets last name begins with a P and the other with a K.)

Here is this weeks Trivia. It is a single question.....one I DON'T know the complete answer to. Someone else asked me this this morning. See what you can do to help out:

In their history, the Cleveland Browns have had 4 players who had brothers who played for the Cleveland Indians. Who were the 4 sets of brothers?

(I can think of only 2 sets at this point. See how you do. Hint on the ones I know: one sets last name begins with a P and the other with a K.)

I know of one off the top of my head .... Terry "1700" Kirby and his bro Wayne.

Zombo

I know of one off the top of my head .... Terry "1700" Kirby and his bro Wayne.

Zombo

In all these years I've been trying to justify mentioning Terry Kirby and 1700-anything in the same sentence, and now I think that I found the formula; If you combine Terry's 418-yards rushing during his season with the Browns, with his brother Waynes 1200 at-bats in the majors, it almost equals 1700 ... add in the amount of pages in Zippys rap sheet and I think we've finally cleared the mark by a healthy margin after all these years.

The only "brothers" I can think of with a last name that starts with P is Greg Pruitt and Mike Pruitt but they were not actually brothers. The only other ones I can think of are Ron and Alex Johnson.

Heidi

I seldom reply to these, but I remember Brown's QB Mike Pagel & his brother (I THINK!) Karl, who was pretty much a career minor leaguer for the Indians. Does that count?

Mike

The only "brothers" I can think of with a last name that starts with P is Greg Pruitt and Mike Pruitt but they were not actually brothers. The only other ones I can think of are Ron and Alex Johnson.

Heidi

Are they in fact brothers? I know Ron Johnson was drafted in the first round with by the Browns, and Alex Johnson played for the Tribe, but I never heard that they were brothers. Please confirm.

I seldom reply to these, but I remember Brown's QB Mike Pagel & his brother (I THINK!) Karl, who was pretty much a career minor leaguer for the Indians. Does that count?

Mike

Well, maybe you should start replying more often. That is definitely one of the ones I knew. Karl played 3 years with the Indians.

We may have them all now if we can confirm the Alex Johnson/Ron Johnson relationship.

Well, maybe you should start replying more often. That is definitely one of the ones I knew. Karl played 3 years with the Indians.

We may have them all now if we can confirm the Alex Johnson/Ron Johnson relationship

Ron Johnson and Alex Johnson are brothers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Johnson_%28running_back%29

it says "Johnson is a graduate of Michigan's Ross School of Business (1969). His brother, Alex Johnson, was a professional baseball player."

i know Wikipedia isn't the most trusted source, but i believe it.

OK, I have confirmed that Ron Johnson and Alex Johnson indeed were brothers. So, here is the final dope on these sets of Browns/Indians Brothers:

Mike Pagel played QB in 42 games with the Browns (only 7 starts). He was 147 of 299 for 1668 yard and 7 TDs.

Brother Karl Pagel played 3 years with the Indians in 1981,'82, and '83. Played in 45 games but had only 13 hits, 7 runs, 2 triples and 1 HR in his career with the Indians.

Leroy Kelly, Hall of Fame running back with the Browns. 7274 career rush yards plus 2281 receiving yards, plus All pro Punt returner early in his career. Led the NFL in rushing 2 times and in Punt return yards and TD 2 times.

Brother Pat Kelly playe only one year with the Indians. He played only the last year of his 15 year MLB career with the Tribe. He played in 48 games, 16 hits, 8 runs, 1 HR, 16 RBI.

Terry Kirby only played 1 year with the Browns. He had 130 carries for 452 yards and 6 TDs.

Brother Wayne Kirby played 5 years with the Indians, 1991-1996. In those years with the Tribe he had 234 hits, 13 HR, and 104 RBI.

Ron Johnson played only 1 year with the Browns. His rookie year he had 138 carries, 472 yards and 7 TDs (his stats are remarkably similar to Terry Kirby's). However he was shipped from the Browns to the Giants where he twice ran for over 1000 yards (back when 1000 yards meant something)

Brother Alex Johnson played only 1 year with the Tribe. He played in 108 games with 85 hits, 31 runs, 8 HR, and 37 RBI

Those were the 4 Browns/Indians brother combos.

Thank you for participating.

Ron Johnson and Alex Johnson are brothers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Johnson_%28running_back%29

it says "Johnson is a graduate of Michigan's Ross School of Business (1969). His brother, Alex Johnson, was a professional baseball player."

i know Wikipedia isn't the most trusted source, but i believe it.

Thanks, yea, I checked it too and found that out.

I have no Idea the answer to your question, but I learned something new today that I thought I share.

Theres been more Baseball Hall Of Famers from Ohio with 18 then every other state except NY-27, PA-24, CA-20, IL-19. Thought that was pretty cool

Here are the similar statistics on the birthplaces of the Pro Football Hall of Famers:

Texas-27

Penn.-26

Ohio-21

Illinois-16

California-16

New York-10

Are they in fact brothers? I know Ron Johnson was drafted in the first round with by the Browns, and Alex Johnson played for the Tribe, but I never heard that they were brothers. Please confirm.

This is the only article I can find to confirm it so I'm hoping it's right :wacko: :

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/0...s/nh2538690.txt

Heidi

This is the only article I can find to confirm it so I'm hoping it's right :wacko: :

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/0...s/nh2538690.txt

Heidi

Duh, would help if I read farther that Gipper's post asking for conformation and I would have seen it already was. Oh well, it was the only pair of brothers I heard of. I finally knew something minorly useful.

Heidi

Duh, would help if I read farther that Gipper's post asking for conformation and I would have seen it already was. Oh well, it was the only pair of brothers I heard of. I finally knew something minorly useful.

Heidi

Hey you got one of the answers, so that means you get a prize!: A kewpie doll. Here is one for you that is sort of a Heidi kewpie doll:

kewpie_doll.jpg

Hope you like your prize.

Hey you got one of the answers, so that means you get a prize!: A kewpie doll. Here is one for you that is sort of a Heidi kewpie doll:

kewpie_doll.jpg

Hope you like your prize.

As Jerry Lewis would say, I like it, I like it! :lol:

Heidi

Archived