THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns training camp schedule

SJ_Browns

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...nce_trai_1.html

The Cleveland Browns have announced the dates and times of their training camp practices which are open to the public this year. Admission to all practice sessions, which will be held at the team’s Berea training facility [map], is free. Fans can enter the facility through the Beech Street entrance. Parking is available on the campus of Baldwin-Wallace College, at the George Finnie Stadium lot, located off Beech Street, near the intersection of Bagley Road. In all, 20 practices will be open to the public in 2010, a total which includes a Family Day Scrimmage at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Saturday, August 7 starting at 1:00 p.m. Admission for the scrimmage is free as well. Fans can call the Browns Training Camp Hotline at 877-6BROWNS (877-627-6967) for the latest information on practice times. Fans can also get the most updated information at www.ClevelandBrowns.com.

"We are excited to once again be hosting training camp at our Berea facility," said Browns President Mike Holmgren in a statement. "I’ve always thought that training camp is a great opportunity for the fans to come out and see their favorite team up close. While the location makes it convenient for our fans who live locally, I know it has become a tradition for Browns fans from different parts of the country to make training camp a summer destination, and we look forward to seeing everyone out here this year."

Browns 2010 Training Camp schedule

Saturday, July 31: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Sunday, August 1: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Monday, August 2: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Tuesday, August 3: Practice closed to the public.

Wednesday, August 4: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Thursday, August 5: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Friday, August 6: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Saturday, August 7: Family Day Scrimmage at Cleveland Browns Stadium, 1:00 p.m.

Sunday, August 8: Practice closed to the public.

Monday, August 9: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 10: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Wednesday, August 11: Practice closed to the public.

Thursday, August 12: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Friday, August 13: No practice.

Saturday, August 14: Preseason game at Green Bay, 8:00 p.m.

Sunday, August 15: No practice.

Monday, August 16: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Tuesday, August 17: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

Wednesday, August 18: Practice closed to the public.

Thursday, August 19: 8:45 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.; 5:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.

All practice dates and times are subject to change. All public practices are subject to weather conditions. Practices moved into the field house will be closed to the public.

Those opening dates fit my schedule pretty well this season, and I can plan around most.

The North end of Berea will still be almost entirely under construction again this year, best bet is to just access the area from I-71/Bagley Road exit, traveling West on Bagley Road to Beech Street and avoid the mess (Bridge work) just to the North.

I know it is still early, but if anyone needs assistance when entering the area, drop me a line.

i'm going to try and go to atleast one practice this year. i always let it slip pass me.

Tell me about it. I work three miles from my home and the Browns Training Camp is literally positioned directly beween my Home and Office (two miles from my house, and one mile from my office) and I still only find the time to only attend a few practices a year.

I hate walking up Beech Street. I'm a fat lazy bum. I hate trying to find parking, then walking the blocks up the road in the blazing August heat, then trying to wade through the crowd and guess which side of the complex will be for best viewing, then standing for 90 minutes in 90-degree Humidity and listening to the stupid conversations from obvious soccer fans who attend these things and have no clue what they are viewing ...

Ok, ok ... I really hate that no one brings me a beer while I'm watching training camp. Beer and peanuts ... although it is always tank-top and tubetop days at the August Training Camp dates, so that is always a plus.

I think that I'm going to pay the $10 to park in peoples lawns a hundred feet from the back gate this season ... and sneak in beer ... and peanuts ...

As always I will deliver a couple of my stunning Camp reports and then pull them up during the season to boast about how acruate they end up being as a glimpse into he season.

BTW, the map that the Browns put out last season of the construction areas was awful, and did poor job illustrating just how bad things are around the entire North side of the Browns Berea complex. I have a map I created a few years back of the area and I will update it to show the construction mess.

Ironically, I googled for a map of the Berea construction and this thread has already worked it's way to the #2 search result on the subject, so don't expect to find any better information outside of this forum.

I'll update it with the local watering holes as well ... you know those important things needed for a trip to the Browns Camp.

BTW, if I'm a regular at every local bar in Berea, does that make me an alcoholic?

A view of Berea's North side:

medium_jv3200514c.JPG

Training camp is just on the otherside of the far hill ... good luck getting there!

The road immediately to the East leading into Berea is no better and also closed completely and will remain so for months to come.

I work in this area and even though Berea High School is a mile or two on the same road as our complex it is a 15 minute drive around the construction to get there.

You should have no problems if you just use Bagley Road from I-71. Avoid coming in from the North, near the airport.

BTW, the map that the Browns put out last season of the construction areas was awful, and did poor job illustrating just how bad things are around the entire North side of the Browns Berea complex. I have a map I created a few years back of the area and I will update it to show the construction mess.

Ironically, I googled for a map of the Berea construction and this thread has already worked it's way to the #2 search result on the subject, so don't expect to find any better information outside of this forum.

I'll update it with the local watering holes as well ... you know those important things needed for a trip to the Browns Camp.

BTW, if I'm a regular at every local bar in Berea, does that make me an alcoholic?

A view of Berea's North side:

medium_jv3200514c.JPG

Training camp is just on the otherside of the far hill ... good luck getting there!

The road immediately to the East leading into Berea is no better and also closed completely and will remain so for months to come.

I work in this area and even though Berea High School is a mile or two on the same road as our complex it is a 15 minute drive around the construction to get there.

You should have no problems if you just use Bagley Road from I-71. Avoid coming in from the North, near the airport.

thanks for the info! paying to park in someones lawn sounds like the best bet. all that dang walking, it aint training camp for us fans lol.

Anyone looking to come in for Training Camp on any specific date? When I first seen this schedule, I thought, "Great, this fits my schedule very well!" Now all of a sudden I am involved in golf outings or other summer activities on a few of these key dates and I'm thinking, "Here we go again"

Anyhow, if there are any key dates some of us may want to ink, lets work on that now so we can plan accordingly. We can meet at a local watering hole and ride over together.

There is a hill in that picture??

No, there are two hills a farther and a nearer one. You cant see the farther one because the nearer one is in the way. Sheeeesh. Glad I could help clear this up. Might be showing up for the Aug 5 or 6 th practice let me know if anyone else will be there.

Not necessarily. But you are one.

For those attending their first practice, i recommend hanging around the DL. They are amazing athletes and tend to have the most fun at practice. Print a roster from the website or bring one from the newspaper. There is very little shade, so plan accordingly.

Not necessarily. But you are one.

For those attending their first practice, i recommend hanging around the DL. They are amazing athletes and tend to have the most fun at practice. Print a roster from the website or bring one from the newspaper. There is very little shade, so plan accordingly.

Ed, let's hook up for a practice. I can meet you for an afternoon gig.

Archived