THE BROWNS BOARD

Training Camp Focus: Running Backs

ATENEARS

Per the Plain Dealer, the Browns are expected to carry just three tailbacks on their 2010 roster. Montario Hardesty and Jerome Harrison are locked into two spots, and the Browns will carry versatile fullback Peyton Hills behind Lawrence Vickers.

The final position will come down to James Davis and Chris Jennings. Davis is the superior talent, and should be able to beat Jennings out in camp.

I think that not only is it key who the Browns go with at the tailback spot, but it may also be of interest how many tailbacks they will carry. Will Hillis be a roster spot saving and provide a back-up at both tailback and fullback, and how much does Josh Cribbs WildDawg run game cut into the picture?

I'm hoping we keep both Vickers and Hillis, and don't decide to deal Vickers anywhere at the roster trimming deadline. I expect Davis to look great again in camp, but doubt he will receive much playing time come the regular season and we will never know what we have in him.

As always, this is going to be good viewing in Berea.

I personally think Hardesty, Harrison, Vickers, and Hillis are locks and, like you said, it comes down to Davis V. Jennings and Davis will win.

The hard part for Davis is that it's tough to figure how he gets activated for games, let alone gets on the field.

Per the Plain Dealer, the Browns are expected to carry just three tailbacks on their 2010 roster. Montario Hardesty and Jerome Harrison are locked into two spots, and the Browns will carry versatile fullback Peyton Hills behind Lawrence Vickers.

The final position will come down to James Davis and Chris Jennings. Davis is the superior talent, and should be able to beat Jennings out in camp.

I think that not only is it key who the Browns go with at the tailback spot, but it may also be of interest how many tailbacks they will carry. Will Hillis be a roster spot saving and provide a back-up at both tailback and fullback, and how much does Josh Cribbs WildDawg run game cut into the picture?

I'm hoping we keep both Vickers and Hillis, and don't decide to deal Vickers anywhere at the roster trimming deadline. I expect Davis to look great again in camp, but doubt he will receive much playing time come the regular season and we will never know what we have in him.

As always, this is going to be good viewing in Berea.

Are we sure there isn't another candidate in the mix somewhere?...or might be?

Archived