THE BROWNS BOARD

Am I dreaming

Sources: Raptors OK with Bosh to Cavs

By Chris Broussard

ESPN The Magazine

Archive

Everything is set for Chris Bosh to join LeBron James in Cleveland. Everything, that is, except Bosh's approval.

The Toronto Raptors have told the Cleveland Cavaliers they will do a sign-and-trade with them for Bosh, according to several league sources.

The exact details of the potential trade have not been solidified, but Toronto likely would get Anderson Varejao and/or J.J. Hickson, Delonte West and perhaps Anthony Parker. A draft pick could be involved as well.

Mike & Mike in the Morning

ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard says he thinks LeBron James is leaning towards staying in Cleveland. Chris Bosh wants to play with James but would rather do it in a bigger city than Cleveland.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, according to sources.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.

The Cavaliers are hopeful that will change, because in Cleveland, Bosh can meet two of his top priorities: playing with James, and getting a six-year, $125 million contract.

If Bosh joins a team without doing a sign-and-trade, he will be able to sign only a five-year deal worth $96 million. He is determined not to leave that $29 million on the table, according to sources.

Although Bosh wants to play with James, he wants to do it in Chicago, Miami or New Jersey. Sources say he has told the Raptors those are the teams he would like to go to in a sign-and-trade.

Bosh also could play with Dwyane Wade instead of James in those cities.

Toronto, however, will not cooperate in a sign-and-trade with Miami, which has no players in whom the Raptors are interested, according to sources.

To move Bosh to Chicago, the Raptors likely would ask for Joakim Noah, though they could perhaps be persuaded to take a package that does not include him.

The Nets would seem to be able to put together an enticing package for the Raptors that included rookie lottery pick Derrick Favors.

No, you're not dreaming- but after doing some reading on a sign and trade, it will most likely cost the Cavs Varejao, West, and probably Parker. The contracts traded have to be roughly the same value. That means Hixon's cheap rookie contract wouldn't be part of the deal. Too bad we can't unload Mo Williams for a real point guard while were at it.

With Stoudamiere going to the Knicks, that rules them out as a landing place for Bosh- they're essentially the same player.

I just heard that Bosh does not want to play in Cleveland, I guess him and Jokim Noah have the same opinion of the city. Too bad, LBJ+Bosh would have been a sweet combo in CLE especially with all the other guys we'd still have left. I also just heard something about Mike Miller being at the U of Akron with Lebron and Chris Paul. I wouldn't mind us picking up Miller, seems to be a pretty good shooter and he wants to play in Cleveland...

I just heard that Bosh does not want to play in Cleveland, I guess him and Jokim Noah have the same opinion of the city. Too bad, LBJ+Bosh would have been a sweet combo in CLE especially with all the other guys we'd still have left. I also just heard something about Mike Miller being at the U of Akron with Lebron and Chris Paul. I wouldn't mind us picking up Miller, seems to be a pretty good shooter and he wants to play in Cleveland...

I heard he doesnt want to play center in Cleveland, not that he doesnt want to play there.

ESPN reporting something anti-Cleveland? Why....I never!

ESPN wants Lebron to leave and they are reporting anything negative they can get their hands on. If Lebron stays, everyone at ESPN will look like huge IDIOTS. They all say he's leaving and they can find nothing better to talk about than him leaving. They started saying it last year and have not stopped...

BTW Sportscenter just showed NFL preseason power rankings for the bottom 10? teams. Cleveland I think was around 30th, ranked lower than the Lions, Jaguars, Raiders, Chiefs. Makes sense you know we won 5 games, so teams with 2-4 wins are better right? apparently....

ESPN wants Lebron to leave and they are reporting anything negative they can get their hands on. If Lebron stays, everyone at ESPN will look like huge IDIOTS. They all say he's leaving and they can find nothing better to talk about than him leaving. They started saying it last year and have not stopped...

BTW Sportscenter just showed NFL preseason power rankings for the bottom 10? teams. Cleveland I think was around 30th, ranked lower than the Lions, Jaguars, Raiders, Chiefs. Makes sense you know we won 5 games, so teams with 2-4 wins are better right? apparently....

Agreed on everything, except the "last year" part. It's been almost THREE years since LeBron wore a Yankees hat to a Tribe game, and since then it's been all but guaranteed by ESPN that LeBron was headed to New York.

It's just been a pointless story, and I'll be laughing more than celebrating if/when LeBron re-signs because of it.

But back to Bosh...the only player I really care about keeping is Varejao, but I doubt we'd get to hang on to him, especially if we end up taking back Turkoglu.

People are really quick to forget because of their bad regular season that we lost to a really good team playing at the top of their game in the playoffs. And for the "LeBron choked" crowd....look up LeBron's numbers in that series compared to Kobe's. Even without Bosh, the team's not far away. Especially now that we have a real coach.

Agreed on everything, except the "last year" part. It's been almost THREE years since LeBron wore a Yankees hat to a Tribe game, and since then it's been all but guaranteed by ESPN that LeBron was headed to New York.

It's just been a pointless story, and I'll be laughing more than celebrating if/when LeBron re-signs because of it.

But back to Bosh...the only player I really care about keeping is Varejao, but I doubt we'd get to hang on to him, especially if we end up taking back Turkoglu.

People are really quick to forget because of their bad regular season that we lost to a really good team playing at the top of their game in the playoffs. And for the "LeBron choked" crowd....look up LeBron's numbers in that series compared to Kobe's. Even without Bosh, the team's not far away. Especially now that we have a real coach.

Ditto the coach part. That is going to make a BIG difference.

Archived