THE BROWNS BOARD

I'm tired of hearing the national media "experts" say that the Cavs have no talent

SJ_Browns

We all saw what happened to LBJ when the Cavs had no talent in 03 and 04. No way does a team go to the playoffs 5 straight years (05-10) and win atleast one series with just one good player. No way does a team post back to back 60+ win seasons and not have any talent other than LBJ.

LBJ shown in 03 and 04 that he couldn't do it by himself. This team needs a coach who can use his players like a chess master uses all of his pieces (from the King to the pawn) to beat his opponents.

After hearing Byron Scott's presser, I walked away relieved knowing he believes in defense and knows that d wins championships, BUT he also understands the importance of ball movement and running up the court.

I really got tired with Mike Brown and his lack of concern for the offense. He needed to create an identity for himself and not be like his mentor, Greg Popovich. Glad I don't have to worry about him no more. I hope Scott will do what Mike couldn't and that's to make the Cavs a force to be reckoned with in the regular season AND the post season.

This will be the absolute kick in the junk if he says he is leaving us on TV. I mean absolute. If he leaves thats fine but to rub it in our faces, becuase Espn is probably giving him the 30 mil he would be losing by leaving us. Also if he does leave I will have to re evaluate how much I care about sports. When One single person holds everyone hostage like he is doing, it truley takes away from sports. College is pretty much going to be the only thing I watch here before to long.

1. If he spend an hour saying he's betraying his hometown, what's the theme? What's it about? Money? Glory? How does that work at a Boys and Girls Club? He's staying. Just watch.

2. Then the Cavs will get Mike Miller with their exception. Miller and James are friends.

3. I think the Browns have to get a center somehow, maybe sign and trade for Haywood?

4. If they can put Mo, Miller, Lebron, Haywood, and Hickson on the court... that's a damn good team. Hell, Jamison, Andy, and Gibson off the bench? Nice.

1. If he spend an hour saying he's betraying his hometown, what's the theme? What's it about? Money? Glory? How does that work at a Boys and Girls Club? He's staying. Just watch.

2. Then the Cavs will get Mike Miller with their exception. Miller and James are friends.

3. I think the Browns have to get a center somehow, maybe sign and trade for Haywood?

4. If they can put Mo, Miller, Lebron, Haywood, and Hickson on the court... that's a damn good team. Hell, Jamison, Andy, and Gibson off the bench? Nice.

I dont think the Browns need Hayword, just messing. You have them on your brain.

I hope you're right Shep. To get on ESPN for an hour and kick the NE Ohio fans that worship the ground you walk on for the last 7 years in the teeth ain't right. He does that, he surpasses Dion Sanders in his prime in my book for biggest ego in sports. LeBron might say he's still humble and grounded but his actions say otherwise. You've held the franchise captive for years- at your bidding- Gilbert and Ferry went "all in" this past season. Brought in Shaq, Jamison- and then you lay a stinker in game 5 against the Celts and in your words- "the fans are spoiled"? You've played the FA card to the max- 9PM, _screwing the Cavs out of coaches and players by your noncommittal actions. "I call" and frankly I don't much care anymore if you happen to hold the high hand.

All the Miami talk? You have 3 superstars and nothing else.

3. I think the Cavs have to get a center somehow, maybe sign and trade for Haywood?

i agree, shep. heck, i could be wrong, but i just don't see lbj doing something major like this on espn when he's well aware of the bad breaks cleveland sports have taken in the past. if he does, then i'll lose all respect for him and he will be a traitor, a loser and a quitter.

When the special was announced I thought exactly the same thing. No way Lebron spits in the faces of Northeast Ohioans with an hour long special on national tv after all they have done for him. No Way. But the media is now saying that he is likely headed to Miami and I am not so sure now. I posted on another thread here why I think it would be the BIGGEST betrayal in Cleveland sports history. Yes bigger then Art moving the Browns. And I couldn't agree more that they are most likely a center away from winning it all in Cleveland. And if they are lucky they can move Mo too and bring in somebody else who can be consistent in the playoffs.

With all that being said I hope he stays but it is not looking good right now.

Well, we will all know in about 11 hours. If he is broadcasting from Connecticut you can bet it isn't because he is resigning with the Cavs. My gut feeling says it will be the Nicks. We shall see. And I can't wait until this drama queen BS is over.

i think the national media is full of crap and most of the time they're throwing crap in the air to stir up controversy because controversy sells. i'll wait to see what lbj does tonite.

also, wknr is reporting that dan gilbert is going after pat riley and the heat for tampering.

i'll just be glad when all of this will lbj stay or go bs is over.

Well, we will all know in about 11 hours. If he is broadcasting from Connecticut you can bet it isn't because he is resigning with the Cavs. My gut feeling says it will be the Nicks. We shall see. And I can't wait until this drama queen BS is over.

ESPN headquarters are in Bristol Connecticut, which city is he announcing from?

ESPN headquarters are in Bristol Connecticut, which city is he announcing from?

I don't recall the exact name I heard on TV. Some Boy/Girl club in CT that was NEAR ESPN headquarters. You have to admit that if he broadcasts from there it doesn't seem likely to announce he is staying with the CAVs.

I don't recall the exact name I heard on TV. Some Boy/Girl club in CT that was NEAR ESPN headquarters. You have to admit that if he broadcasts from there it doesn't seem likely to announce he is staying with the CAVs.

I'm not reading anything into the location of the announcement other then it is close to ESPN headquarters and makes sense because of that. Due to the nature of the broadcast and the one week notice I can understand why he would do it there.

Archived