THE BROWNS BOARD

Let's talk about the NEW Cavs

Canton Mike

I will remain a Cavs fan. We are blessed with an Owner who is passionate about winning, & willing to do what it takes to bring a Championship to Cleveland. We have a new Coach, & now, a new mission. I actually saw a little too much "one on one" grandstanding by lbj this past year to actually believe he would lead us to a Championship. I did NOT see his teammates level of play "raise" when they played with him. I did NOT see him as this team's "savior" last year. Now it's time to wait & see what Gilbert et al can put together "post" Lebron. We just lost a great player, but I am wondering whether or not we lost a man of character...His actions in this "production" say otherwise.

My dream for Lebron?....That the Cavs win a Championship BEFORE the Heat. I am NOT convinced that the three of those players will dominate the league, but we'll see. If there is a serious injury there, I don't think the Heat have the depth to absorb the loss.

Bottom line is that how he announced his decision was selfish, tacky, & damn near cowardly.

Life goes on...Too bad Lebron cheapened Pro Sports even more than it has been in the recent past.

The Cavs will be alright. We fans will be alright. I'm just glad the theatrical bush league CRAP is over.

Mike

Is ESPN serious?

We should thank LeBron for 7 great years?

7 great years of what, good regular seasons?

Cleveland gave LeBron a lot more than he gave Cleveland.

If he was gonna screw Cleveland he didn't have to do it in an hour long ESPN special.

I'll probably root for Boston, Chicago, Orlando, ANYBODY over Miami next year.

I'd rather have an owner who's willing to rebuild.

My prediction is they overpay for some over the hill free agent (Mike Miller?) and get stuck in the cycle of adding worthless veterans and being first round doormats for the next 4 or 5 years. Like the Mavericks, only without Dirk.

But what can you do.

I'd rather have an owner who's willing to rebuild.

My prediction is they overpay for some over the hill free agent (Mike Miller?) and get stuck in the cycle of adding worthless veterans and being first round doormats for the next 4 or 5 years. Like the Mavericks, only without Dirk.

But what can you do.

Miller will sign with Miami, they gave him till midnight tonight to take the deal. I swear to god if they put James Jersey in the rafters this year there will be hell to pay.

Is ESPN serious?

We should thank LeBron for 7 great years?

7 great years of what, good regular seasons?

Cleveland gave LeBron a lot more than he gave Cleveland.

If he was gonna screw Cleveland he didn't have to do it in an hour long ESPN special.

I'll probably root for Boston, Chicago, Orlando, ANYBODY over Miami next year.

Know what Lebron gave Cleveland?.....LESS than expected year after year.

--Dribbling 10-15 seconds off the shot clock, then launching ill advised 3s.

--Got SWEPT in a Championship series.

--Tromped on by Orlando.

--Bounced by the Celts when ol' Bron just stood back & watched.

Team player?...I didn't see that this year.

Know what Gilbert gives Cleveland?

--An Owner with an extreme passion for bringing a Championship here & I believe he will.

--CLASS.....Do you hear that, Lebron...the word is CLASS! Gilbert has it, you don't.

--Give me a choice of losing Lebron or Gilbert?...We got the best of THAT deal.

Everything happens for a reason & there are ALWAYS positives. Gilbert's our ace in the hole.

Mike

In all reality we just became the 10th best team in the east at best, for at least 2 more years, LA will get better too so its most likely will be Celts heat and Lakers Thunder battling next year.

We have to sign a center of some sort, this off season. We have no real pg we have no shooting guard and we have no small foward , we have Hickson and Jamison, so yeah we are going to not be very good next year.

Windhorst says the Cavs will get very busy. They'll have about 13.6 mill in space and Delonte's expiring deal, so they can get some players. With an owner as fiercely competitive as Gilbert and a world-class coach who promises to run, don't be shocked if the Cavs find a way to put a fun team on the court. I like Hickson, Jamison, and Mo Williams as three starters. Let's see what else we can come up with. Expect to see Eyenga and Kaun have a shot at the team. Jonny Flyn is a possibility.

You know what? I love the Cavs more now than yesterday. I'm pulling for them. And hoping for a hurricane to hit Miami. I hate that team more than the Celtics.

In all reality we just became the 10th best team in the east at best, for at least 2 more years, LA will get better too so its most likely will be Celts heat and Lakers Thunder battling next year.

We have to sign a center of some sort, this off season. We have no real pg we have no shooting guard and we have no small foward , we have Hickson and Jamison, so yeah we are going to not be very good next year.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel. We may not have as much, but we DO have some decent players & a Coach who, I believe, will get the most out of them. I don't see us "laying down" in the 3rd quarter all year this year & keep in mind that those fiascos were WITH Lebron. When he was injured, we played some decent "team" ball, & this year we will have far better coaching. Will we make the playoffs?..Highly questionable at this point, but who knows.

Don't give up the ship.

Mike

An owner who's "willing to spend" is great in baseball. It can be a disaster in the NBA. We're still feeling the impact of Larry Hughes's contract by having to trade for overpriced veterans instead of having the cap space to sign cornerstone players or draft picks to build a young nucleus.

I want young players and draft picks. Everyone but Varejao and Hickson can go. I'm afraid we go out and overspend for some mediore vet.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel. We may not have as much, but we DO have some decent players & a Coach who, I believe, will get the most out of them. I don't see us "laying down" in the 3rd quarter all year this year & keep in mind that those fiascos were WITH Lebron. When he was injured, we played some decent "team" ball, & this year we will have far better coaching. Will we make the playoffs?..Highly questionable at this point, but who knows.

Don't give up the ship.

Mike

Im not throwing in the towel by any means, I hope we get some more talent here. we just have no big men to guard Howard or Garnett or Bosh, and any small forwards to guard Lebron or Pierce or any guards that can stop Wade or Allen or Rondo or anyone else for that matter. We really do have a young team, but they should be pulled aside tomorrow and be told get Lebron out of you head, this is a new team and I want some damn leaders to emerge.

Im not throwing in the towel by any means, I hope we get some more talent here. we just have no big men to guard Howard or Garnett or Bosh, and any small forwards to guard Lebron or Pierce or any guards that can stop Wade or Allen or Rondo or anyone else for that matter. We really do have a young team, but they should be pulled aside tomorrow and be told get Lebron out of you head, this is a new team and I want some damn leaders to emerge.

Could this be what it takes for the rest of what talent we still have to take the next step? I think it could be... who is the leader? Anyone we currently have that you think could lead the Cav's forward?

Who do we still have and what can they pull before this new season? I'd like to talk about that. Our team was ok, it was centered around The Queen but still I think a pretty solid team. Could Mo, Andy, Z (if he aint dead) and Booby do something? How would we play against the Heat who now have our Stuperstar? LBJ isn't dumb... he is an asshole but not dumb. New coaching might help a lot here. All Lequitter Flames knows is our players right now, he doesn't know what they will do under our new coach. I see a silver lining... I'm not expecting a lot but (This is sad because I like teams that play clean... I wouldn't bitch one bit about some flagrents on LBJ this coming year.) I will watch and go to as many Cav's gamesas i can. I hope like hell I can go see a Cav's Heat game. I have cheered so hard for the Cav's, Browns, and Indians that I couldn't talk for a day or more after. I am interested to see if that works for booing. Is there a way that Cleveland can ban him from throwing his dust in the air? I imagine it could be some form of air pollution. You can't smoke inside of anything in Cleveland, why can you throw smoke up? It might affect some little kid, I say ban it Cleveland! Speaking of that, the people are burning his jerseys... what about his shoes? Hell, they can cost more than twice what his jerseys did! LBJ is a monster... I thought that was cool untill 9 o'clock tonight.

Windhorst says the Cavs will get very busy. They'll have about 13.6 mill in space and Delonte's expiring deal, so they can get some players. With an owner as fiercely competitive as Gilbert and a world-class coach who promises to run, don't be shocked if the Cavs find a way to put a fun team on the court. I like Hickson, Jamison, and Mo Williams as three starters. Let's see what else we can come up with. Expect to see Eyenga and Kaun have a shot at the team. Jonny Flyn is a possibility.

You know what? I love the Cavs more now than yesterday. I'm pulling for them. And hoping for a hurricane to hit Miami. I hate that team more than the Celtics.

i'm interested in seeing what telfair and kaun can do.

--CLASS.....Do you hear that, Lebron...the word is CLASS! Gilbert has it, you don't.

--Give me a choice of losing Lebron or Gilbert?...We got the best of THAT deal.

Everything happens for a reason & there are ALWAYS positives. Gilbert's our ace in the hole.

Mike

Gilbert has class????

LMAO.... right, bud. Right.

Are there any more free agents that can help us form a decent team ? I honestly would not mind shaq again for a 1 year deal if he can be fit enough to play.

Richard Jefferson would be a good addition, I also wouldnt mind Tmac to tell you the truth, If we could get big Yao to join then we would be able to compete a bit more. We will make a few good more in the next week after the dust settles.

So? What would be the Cavs lineup right now?

Are Shaq and Z still here to hold down the center position?

Varajao, I assume would be the power forward...or

Is he a backup to Jamison who would be the power forward.

Or is Jamison the small forward. If not, who plays small forward, the Queen's former position.

Guards? Mo Williams at point? Delonte at shooting guard?

And Hickson? Where does he fit in?

So? What would be the Cavs lineup right now?

Are Shaq and Z still here to hold down the center position?

Varajao, I assume would be the power forward...or

Is he a backup to Jamison who would be the power forward.

Or is Jamison the small forward. If not, who plays small forward, the Queen's former position.

Guards? Mo Williams at point? Delonte at shooting guard?

And Hickson? Where does he fit in?

Lots of ?s to be answered. Scott has had worse lineups and turned them into really good teams.

The Cavs didn't waste any time deleting LBj's name from their website. I checked the roster and he is off. The players that are on that roster are the following:

Daniel Gibson G

Daniel Greene F-G

JJ Hickson F

Zydrunus C

Antawn Jamison F

Jamario Moon F

Shaquille O'Neal C

Anthony Parker G-F

Leon Powe F

Sebastian Telfair G

Delonte West G-F

Anderson Varajao F-C

Jawad Williams F

Mo Williams G

Shaq is on here but is listed as a Free Agent. I don't know if that means he is free to go wherever, or if he is restricted somehow. I think it is questionable at this point if he will stay here, though I personally would like to see it. Who really is a bigger star in this league than Shaquille O'Neal? At least the Cavs could get some marketing push...and some personality out of Shaq.

Other than he and Z who are strictly 5s, and Mo Williams who is a 1, and Telfair who I think has to be a backup 1, the rest of these players seem to be interchangeable in their positions.

Shaq and Z are unrestricted free-agents and Delonte is most likely soon to join them because we can cut him and add $4 mil to our cap space

OK, but Delonte West is really a pretty damn good player. Worth 4 million to keep him in this market.

The only catch would be his legal troubles...and his bi-polar disorder.

Why get rid of him when he is such a talent?

Here's my starting lineup

JJ Hickson F

Jamario Moon F

Anthony Parker G-F

Anderson Varajao F-C

Mo Williams G

Backups

Daniel Gibson G

Daniel Greene F-G

Antawn Jamison F

Leon Powe F

Jawad Williams F

Obviously we need to find atleast one true center

I say if Shaq and Z still want to play here, and for the right price, we keep them. All things considered, there is NO player in the league with the voice of authority that Shaquille O'Neal has, no matter how over the hill he may be. And Z is a loyal player to this team...and has married a local girl....and deserves consideration for that.

Besides, WHO out there at center would in reality be better than either of these two?

Archived