THE BROWNS BOARD

The Mural

NW Ohio Brownie

A lot has been made of what to do with the large downtown mural in Cleveland now that LeBron has "taken his talents down to South Beach."

I'm sure a lot of you have seen the photoshopped picture of J. Cribbs as a replacement. Which got me thinking. What should go up there now?

Here's my idea. Don't just put one athlete up there. Make a statement with it. Make it be about Cleveland.

I say it should have any or all of the following Browns and expressions:

Otto Graham

Jim Brown

Brian Sipe

Bernie Kosar

Earnest Byner

Joshua Cribbs

Joe Thomas

A shot of Browns fans

Loyalty

Pride

Commitment

Brotherhood

Why these guys? Well, the first two need no explanation. Sipe played on arguably the most likable of all Browns teams. Kosar for obvious reasons: hometown hero and leader. Byner's display shows that we unconditionally stick by the guys who gave it everything they had. And Cribbs and Thomas are the present and future Browns that we would identify with.

Why these words? Well, in the wake of LeBron, loyalty is a big buzzword and Browns fans have shown plenty of it through these last ten tumultuous years. Pride is for what it means to put on the Brown and Orange whether on the field or in the stands. Commitment is for the desire and discipline it takes to succeed. And brotherhood is the connection between the city, the fans, and the team.

I would love to hear your suggestions. The city needs a pick-me-up and one symbol of moving forward would be a new banner, one that speaks for the city.

lebron-james-is-a-crying-baby.jpg

If the Cavs would've placed a lzay river along side of the BB court Lebron may of stayed, he has told the world that he does not have what it takes to be a True MVP. He should be stripped of the title.

What a shame, the man has so much to offer if only he could get over his lazy streak he would be as great as MJ.

When people talk about the browns and the history of football in Cleveland, everyone remembers Jimmy.

He never sold the fans out in Cleveland.

Other than that whole "retiring early" thing.

BTW, I just read in today's paper, that the Cavs are receiving two first round picks and two second round picks

from the Heat for Leloser.

How does that work? Leboob was a free agent....?

BTW, I just read in today's paper, that the Cavs are receiving two first round picks and two second round picks

the cavs also got a 14.5 mil trade exception. if i remember correctly, the cavs get the 2 first rd picks in 2013 and 15. the cavs get the second rd picks in 2011 and 12.

He was. The Heat came to us as asked if we would do it that way....frees up some cap space for the heat.

While doing this James gets a bit more cash, we at least end up with something.

Might as well. While the Heat are likely to have picks near the end of the draft, you never know who you might get.

Boozer was a 2nd round draft choice.....maybe we end up plucking a guy like that, or use the picks in a trade.

I have been looking for two photos of Ozzie Newsome and can't find them. Both were live action shots. One was when he made a TD catch at the old stadium and came up all covered in mud.

The other is where he made a move and gave a stiff arm to a guy, and the photo was the spitting image of the Heisman trophy pose, except of course it wasn't posed at all.

Help a pal out and see if you can come up with one or both of those photos.

Archived