THE BROWNS BOARD

rev jackson

why cant we win

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment.

Jesse Jackson is a racist punk thats more self absorbed than LeBron James. He criticizes Gilbert for making a emotional rant on a former black player, then Jesse makes a rant about a white guy and he thinks thats ok? If your gonna make a stand dont turn around and do the same thing the person you just criticized did.

Go fight for somebody who cant fight for themselves, here's an idea for once in your life stand up for a white man you racist xxxx.

I know this is off the Lebron Topic, but this is regarding Rev Jackson. A Big "WHAT IF". What if the Dr who pretty much help kill Michael Jackson was a White Dr. Would he have made it a hate crime then too. How can the Rev get away with this year in and year out. Why cant there be a guy who attacks people who attack people that they accuse of being racists?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5372266

CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."

The only danger LeBron is in is if he stiffs one of the drugged up waitresses in South Beach, and they stick a knife in his back. And to keep it on your racist level Most Reverend Jackson, they'll either be Himies or Spicks. I haven't forgotten that famous quote.

If LeBron is a "slave" where do I sign up to get my "master" to pay me $15 million a year, and kiss my ass on a daily basis?

He is comparing slave work to that of a person who is free to chose their profession play for whatever team they chose while making 20 million+ a year.......That is offensive to anyone who has any feeling toward slave and completely underminds the horrible hardships faced by most slaves.

thanks silverback for once again saying nothing of signifficance. you ma ma monkey, you!

gorillasilverbackzoodre.jpg

Archived