1. 1. Did you want him to leave?

• Yes
    • No
    • Didn't Care
  2. 2. How did you feel when he left?

• Betrayed/Upset
    • Happy
    • Don't Care

Deep down I always wanted him to leave just for the simple fact I didn't want some fair weather basketball junky to come running up to me assuring me that the cleveland curse is gone because the cavs win it all. Sorry it still would of left a very sour taste in my mouth. I almost take "The Curse" with a little bit of pride. Its ours, so lBJ leaving just adds to all the glory :wacko: . I will tell you what when the Indians win it I feel like the weight has been taken off the sports city. If the Browns win it whoa watch out I may start the riots. With basketball not so much.

But the way he did all the respected cavs fans really didn't settle well with me. I wanted him to leave but i feel he could of dun it another way. Raising the hopes and dreams of a whole city hell a whole state really, just to pull the rug out from under them. ouch nonclassy move no matter what sport it is.

People around here work their fingers to the bone making an honest living and are loyal to the area even when they move away. This homegrown dipsht takes less money to get away from the people who have loved him since he was a young teenager. Even tho Baseball and Football are my bread and butter I am only loyal to all cleveland teams. Screw sellouts and frontrunners. Winning is gonna be so sweet after what we've been through mark my words. Only a select group of people are ever going to have that feeling.

I got weary of being the Cleveland LeBrons, honestly. It didn't feel like OUR team... it felt like his. Even with Kobe and the Lakers, the media here doesn't treat it like a one-man show. It feels like the team belongs to Lakers' fans, not Kobe. Sure, Pau has something to do with that, and Fish is a folk hero... but Kobe doesn't seem to curry for it, either. He's never tried to build Kobe, Inc., around here.

I hope the Cavs can build a team pretty quick, but I don't see a ton of options out there for this offseason. It feels like we'll have to tank, arrange our available f/a money, and draft really high. I think it'll be fun after on year of suffering.

I'm not sure how anyone could be happy about losing the best player in the sport for virtually nothing.

The one good thing that could come out of it is if we start some honest team building. I'm glad the team went all out while LeBron was here....but you obviously don't build a consistent contender with overpaid, past their prime players (Shaq, Jamison, Ben Wallace, etc).

It's now back to rooting for a high draft pick for me. A top 5 pick, a Boozer/Joe Johnson-level free agent or trade piece next summer, and Varejao would be a good core.

I got weary of being the Cleveland LeBrons, honestly. It didn't feel like OUR team... it felt like his. Even with Kobe and the Lakers, the media here doesn't treat it like a one-man show. It feels like the team belongs to Lakers' fans, not Kobe. Sure, Pau has something to do with that, and Fish is a folk hero... but Kobe doesn't seem to curry for it, either. He's never tried to build Kobe, Inc., around here.

I hope the Cavs can build a team pretty quick, but I don't see a ton of options out there for this offseason. It feels like we'll have to tank, arrange our available f/a money, and draft really high. I think it'll be fun after on year of suffering.

Don't be surprised if this team isn't still half bad without him last i remembered they faired pretty well without him during his injurys/rests. which the injurys became fairly abundit as of late

I'm not sure how anyone could be happy about losing the best player in the sport for virtually nothing.

The one good thing that could come out of it is if we start some honest team building. I'm glad the team went all out while LeBron was here....but you obviously don't build a consistent contender with overpaid, past their prime players (Shaq, Jamison, Ben Wallace, etc).

It's now back to rooting for a high draft pick for me. A top 5 pick, a Boozer/Joe Johnson-level free agent or trade piece next summer, and Varejao would be a good core.

i don't think anyone here is saying that they're happy to see the 2nd best player in the league leave, but to get rid of an immature, me-first, immodest little show-boat prick who thinks he's in hollywood.........well i can definitely understand that.

oh and btw Varejao? ugh. let's hope we know how to draft next year.

Best player? the best players turn it on in the playoffs, they don't tank. Kobe is better.

I'm relieved it's over with. LBJ has held this city and organization hostage for far too long. I've worried about his possible departure since we won the draft lottery. I most definitely wanted him to say, but reflecting on it a week removed from the "decision"...I think as fans we are better off without him. We mistakenly assumed that the most important thing to LBJ was winning a championship HERE...but as he said last week, "Championships are championships." Even having grown up in this region, played here professionally for seven years, he just doesn't get it. That might have been the hardest thing for me to accept. Here I thought this kid was like family, only to find out I never really knew him at all. I'll never make that mistake again.

Best player? the best players turn it on in the playoffs, they don't tank. Kobe is better.

Kobe Bryant, warrior, game 7 vs Celtics - 6/24 FG, 23 points, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 4 TO

LeBron James, choke artist, game 6 vs Celtics - 8/21 FG, 27 points, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 9 TO

Kobe, career playoff averages - 25.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.4 spg, 46% FG

LeBron career playoff averages - 29.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 7.3 apg, 1.6 spg, 46% FG

Kobe, playoff series won without Shaquille O'neal or Pau Gasol - zero

LeBron, playoff series won with Anderson Varejao as second best player - 8

Kobe Bryant, warrior, game 7 vs Celtics - 6/24 FG, 23 points, 15 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 4 TO

LeBron James, choke artist, game 6 vs Celtics - 8/21 FG, 27 points, 19 rebounds, 10 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, 9 TO

Kobe, career playoff averages - 25.5 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 4.8 apg, 1.4 spg, 46% FG

LeBron career playoff averages - 29.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 7.3 apg, 1.6 spg, 46% FG

Kobe, playoff series won without Shaquille O'neal or Pau Gasol - zero

LeBron, playoff series won with Anderson Varejao as second best player - 8

kobe - 5 rings

lebron - 0 rings

nuff said.

Derek Fisher - 5 rings

John Stockton - zero.

nuff said?

hey i'm not here to argue with fellow cavs fans. BUT there's no way (and i even wanted to believe this myself) that lebron can say or anyone at that matter that he is the number one player. missed game winners/not taking the shot at critical times and kobe is/was just the opposite.

there are plenty of great players in the past who never won anything. didn't stockton have malone? and by your recent post (which i don't agree with) didn't lebron have varejao?

in the past few years Lebron had....

Varejao

Shaq

big Z

Jamison

Wallace

Wally

Delonte

Mo

JJ

Jamario

...he was on a team that had the BEST record in the NBA

I'm not sure if many of you know this but during his first few years of high school he was coached by Keith Dambrot. Who left to take a job coaching for the Akron Zips. Lebron held a grudge and felt like his coach had abandoned him. Sound familiar? ironic maybe. It shows his selfish attitude goes all the way back to his high school years....

he can't blame the cavs office, he can blame his teammates, HE GAVE UP in the playoffs

he can't lead a team so he left to be with people who can

winners lead, losers follow

on a side note, remember when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, Fisher, Fox, all coached by Phil Jackson and couldn't win a championship. This proves that Wade, Bosh, and LeBitch aren't guaranteed sh*t!!!!

on a side note, remember when the Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, Fisher, Fox, all coached by Phil Jackson and couldn't win a championship. This proves that Wade, Bosh, and LeBitch aren't guaranteed sh*t!!!!

Well, ESPN sucked up to LeBron airing "The Betrayal" is it any wonder they've already Crowned The Heat NBA Champs? Uh, hello? Your center is who? Your bench is what?

That is a terribly simplistic thought. Kobe has had the help of future HoF big men in their prime. LeBron hasn't had much help at all, now he does, we'll see what he does with it.

Most definitely. Everyone in Cleveland is hurt by the scenario but there is no denying the lack of superstar talent around Lebron in Cleveland. It's easy to say Kobe 5 and Lebron 0 but when it all boils down it means absolutely nothing because the talent around Lebron was once again inferior in comparison. Jordan had Pippen. Kobe had Shaq and now guys like Gasol. Duncan had/has Tony Parker. You then had Magic with Kareem and Co. and Bird with McHale. (sp)

If Lebron can't win a championship in Miami then the Lebron haters will have a argument. I don't think it will be long before he's hoisting the trophy.

the only thing inferior about the cavs compared to the other great teams was their coaching. mike brown was lebron's puppet. great coaches and teams know the length of the season and don't wear themselves out before the playoffs.

the only thing inferior about the cavs compared to the other great teams was their coaching. mike brown was lebron's puppet. great coaches and teams know the length of the season and don't wear themselves out before the playoffs.

They have a new coach and are minus LeBron now. I guess we will see if this season's results prove you correct.

Archived