THE BROWNS BOARD

So I'm sitting in the Dawg Pound.

PanthersWin

Well I'm a Panthers fan and i have family in Cleveland that I'm going to visit for thanksgiving. So i got tickets for the Panthers Browns game and they are in the Dawg Pound section. Am i going to get my ass beat or beer dumped on me if i wear my Panthers gear? You hear all these stories about opposing fans doing stuff like this but I'm not sure what Browns fans are like. Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts of opposing fans coming into your place.

Well I'm a Panthers fan and i have family in Cleveland that I'm going to visit for thanksgiving. So i got tickets for the Panthers Browns game and they are in the Dawg Pound section. Am i going to get my ass beat or beer dumped on me if i wear my Panthers gear? You hear all these stories about opposing fans doing stuff like this but I'm not sure what Browns fans are like. Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts of opposing fans coming into your place.

Though you might certainly deserve it, it is doubtful that you will be treated the way you fear. In the days of the old stadium that perhaps may have happened, but probably not now unless you make a complete obnoxious ass of yourself.

Try to avoid that and I am sure you will be OK.

Good luck! While the new Dawg Pound is a bit tamer than the old stadium, I'm sure you'll get the "a**hole" chant a few times, and maybe peanuts and perhaps some ice thrown at you. But really for the most part as long as you don't run your mouth you'll be OK. Seriously though if someone gets out of hand, notify the ushers immediately. They won't hesitate to toss someone out for acting a fool. There is way more security at the new stadium and more restrictions than at the old one. Some are a bit over the top, but oh well.

My boss has season tickets and he said that when tailgating and they see fans of the opposing team they may screw with them a bit, but as long as the opposing fan says something along the lines like "hey I'm just here to watch a good game" or something along those lines and not get cocky they'll leave it alone. In other words if your team wins, don't respond with something like "scoreboard" or something like that. Furthermore, you're not a Steelers, Ravens, or Bengals fan, so you should be OK. :lol:

Though you might certainly deserve it, it is doubtful that you will be treated the way you fear. In the days of the old stadium that perhaps may have happened, but probably not now unless you make a complete obnoxious ass of yourself.

Try to avoid that and I am sure you will be OK.

And that's what I was getting at. Don't be obnoxious. Expect to be taunted or ribbed being that this isn't your home stadium, and you'll be fine.

Good luck! While the new Dawg Pound is a bit tamer than the old stadium, I'm sure you'll get the "a**hole" chant a few times, and maybe peanuts and perhaps some ice thrown at you. But really for the most part as long as you don't run your mouth you'll be OK. Seriously though if someone gets out of hand, notify the ushers immediately. They won't hesitate to toss someone out for acting a fool. There is way more security at the new stadium and more restrictions than at the old one. Some are a bit over the top, but oh well.

My boss has season tickets and he said that when tailgating and they see fans of the opposing team they may screw with them a bit, but as long as the opposing fan says something along the lines like "hey I'm just here to watch a good game" or something along those lines and not get cocky they'll leave it alone. In other words if your team wins, don't respond with something like "scoreboard" or something like that. Furthermore, you're not a Steelers, Ravens, or Bengals fan, so you should be OK. :lol:

Nah, I'm not a dick. I just want to see my team play in different places. I don't mind people talking crap to me. It's all in good fun. I just don't want a bunch of drunk people trying to fight me. I will stand and cheer for my team but i won't be a prick about it. I'm really looking forward to it.

Daqg Pound is full of fat idiots in costumes trying to get some TV time now. It's not like it used to be in the 80s-90s when you would have 100% been beaten up.

Nah, I'm not a dick. I just want to see my team play in different places. I don't mind people talking crap to me. It's all in good fun. I just don't want a bunch of drunk people trying to fight me. I will stand and cheer for my team but i won't be a prick about it. I'm really looking forward to it.

i remember going to the browns jets game when i first moved to ny. i was wearing my kevin mack jersey and having a blast talking to everyone (100% jet fans) tippin back brews. about ten rows in front of me was some kid with his friends. he was a browns fan wearing his garb and his friends jets fans. on a kickoff (it might have been the opening kickoff) metcalf runs it back for a td. this kid gets up on his seat and starts doing his arsenio hall act.......dancin'/wooping it up. he got doused. it was flippin hilarious.

my advice (depending on you age) is to walk through the tailgate extravaganza before the game with your thickest skin on. let people say crap. who cares. 98% of it is in good fun and for team spirit. make some friends. buy some beers or some shirts or sumthin to show you're there as a true fan of your team and everyone will respect you.

In other words, you practice good sportsmanship. Good for you. You will be fine. As for drunk people, believe me I've worked in bars as a DJ for many years. I know all about them! Some people should NOT drink period! I drink (not to the point of a drunken stupor... well most of the time anyway LOL ) but I truly don't trust being around a lot of drunk folks. I've seen way too many stupid things go down, because someone decided to exercise their "beer muscles." Anymore I'd rather be in a room full of pot heads, than a room full of drunks. :lol: At the most, those people would be fighting over the only bag of chips in the room more than anything else. J/K but you know what I mean.

Have fun, and dress warm. I'm sure you're aware Thanksgiving here can be quite chilly.

Don't worry. The "new" Dawgpound is nothing like the old one. Security is overly strict in most cases. Just don't taunt people if you are kicking our ass, and you will be fine.

I do miss the old Dawg Pound. We truly had a home field advantage in the old stadium! Would love to see that home field advantage come back. Without being overly obnoxious and beligerent we need to find a way to make it so that opposing teams once again fear playing in Cleveland.

I do miss the old Dawg Pound. We truly had a home field advantage in the old stadium! Would love to see that home field advantage come back. Without being overly obnoxious and beligerent we need to find a way to make it so that opposing teams once again fear playing in Cleveland.

i remember the dawg pound of years past as being a little over the edge. the throwing of dog biscuits is a fond memory, even though those on the receiving end of said biscuits might not agree. here in ny the giants fans went off the hook a couple of years ago and threw ice balls at opposing players' heads (hilarious.....but, eh) and alot were arrested as a get tough stance by their security. hell, the eagles fans are the worse. so bad that they have their own jail in the stadium.

i think if the browns fans bought up most of the tickets of the whole stadium and showed up in orange brown and white, are loud as hell that home field advantage would take care of itself.

i remember the dawg pound of years past as being a little over the edge. the throwing of dog biscuits is a fond memory, even though those on the receiving end of said biscuits might not agree. here in ny the giants fans went off the hook a couple of years ago and threw ice balls at opposing players' heads (hilarious.....but, eh) and alot were arrested as a get tough stance by their security. hell, the eagles fans are the worse. so bad that they have their own jail in the stadium.

i think if the browns fans bought up most of the tickets of the whole stadium and showed up in orange brown and white, are loud as hell that home field advantage would take care of itself.

No question that it was a bit over the top. But still, this new stadium they yell at you for standing up. Which is ridiculous! Plus they told me I had to turn my "Pittsburgh Still Sucks" t-shirt inside out or put my jacket on, as they didn't want to offend any visiting fans. What a crock that was!

Agree there...although even in our Marty years we were usually 6-2 at home. I'm still pissed about Green Bay coming in here in 1986 and we lost (I think they were 1-5 at the time).

Any playoff-bound team has to protect the home turf. 8-0 is the goal, probably 6-2 is ok unless you're losing to division rivals. Two of my most-hated opponents, Pittsburgh & Denver, rarely lose at home.

Go Browns...should be an interesting season.

Agree there...although even in our Marty years we were usually 6-2 at home. I'm still pissed about Green Bay coming in here in 1986 and we lost (I think they were 1-5 at the time).

Any playoff-bound team has to protect the home turf. 8-0 is the goal, probably 6-2 is ok unless you're losing to division rivals. Two of my most-hated opponents, Pittsburgh & Denver, rarely lose at home.

Go Browns...should be an interesting season.

I remember that game. I was listening to it on the radio with my dad, as it wasn't sold out and was blacked out. The Browns jumped out to a 14-3 lead, only to lose 17-14. I also remember that Ernest Byner broke his ankle in that game. What a fun season that was. It's too bad Elway ruined it for us. But for the record, while I still cringe when seeing highlights of "The Drive" and "The Fumble" I harbor no ill will toward Denver or Elway. He was a damn good QB, and he wasn't an a**hole like some of today's athletes. Just had a horse face! :lol: I most certainly don't cheer for Denver, but honestly, I think I can't stand the Raiders more! And to address your last point; Pittsburgh and Denver could go 8-8 and still have a winning home record. Definitely hard to win in those places.

I'm excited about this season. I'm especially excited to see this new Wild Cat with Cribbs, Wallace, and Harrison in the back field.

if I see you, I'll beat you up. Only kidding, I'm not even at that game. Coming from a country wjere we have to segregate opposing fans to avoid tribal murder, it's a great thing that you can merge with the home fans and not be in fear of your life. Although I did have a bit of a run in with a Chargers fan last year, especially after he rubbed it in for the third time about giving up 60 yards on a screen pass. Luckily my friend was having severe knee pain and got carted of to hospital at half time or that Chargers dude was toast! ;)

if I see you, I'll beat you up. Only kidding, I'm not even at that game. Coming from a country wjere we have to segregate opposing fans to avoid tribal murder, it's a great thing that you can merge with the home fans and not be in fear of your life. Although I did have a bit of a run in with a Chargers fan last year, especially after he rubbed it in for the third time about giving up 60 yards on a screen pass. Luckily my friend was having severe knee pain and got carted of to hospital at half time or that Chargers dude was toast! ;)

So? A dude wearing powder blue was getting all up in your grill?

Haha. Im from England so i know all about segregating fans. Im a big guy so i wasn't too worried it was more i didn't want my girl to go through some crappy situation. I'm really looking forward to it now. You guys seem to be very cool even though i know you are only a small amount of the Browns fan base. Thanks for all the input.

Archived