THE BROWNS BOARD

Iggy grad new Pats QB?

roach

Probably not. But with the talk of Brady holding out, i had to check the Patriots website. i knew that Brian Hoyer was the backup for Tom Brady last season. What i didn't know was that there are the only three QB's on the current roster.

Their no.1 (Brady) is a 6th round draft pick. His back-up (Hoyer) is a non drafted guy in his second year. This year, they drafted another QB (Johnson) in the 7th round.

Hoyer went to high school with my kid, and i've watched him play since 9th grade. He's a winner. Best wishes (except for Nov 7 against your home town Browns).

roach

i hope Brady holds out ...

----------------------------

John Clayton of ESPN has apparently been peddling the notion that it's a "possibility" Tom Brady could hold out of the start of training camp. In the words of our old pal Tom Curran, now of Comcast Sports New England:

"Last week, ESPN insider John Clayton threw a pile up against the wall wondering if Tom Brady would hold out from the start of training camp," Curran writes. "We scratched our heads and explained that wouldn't be happening."

Clayton repeated the notion today on the radio, but Curran reports that Brady is expected to arrive in Boston over the weekend. The word "foolish" was used to describe speculation Brady would miss any part of camp.

"A 'possibility' gives one a pretty good amount of leeway," Curran writes. "For instance, there's a possibility the Patriots will invite me to camp to replace Brady if he opted to not show. But it's a very, very slim one."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...sed-as-foolish/

Brady "holding out" of training camp is simply the old veteran ploy of getting out of the early part of camp where all the hard drills and the heat is worse. He knows he is an indispensable guy and a superstar who is not going to get grief if he misses a bunch of two a day drills. He is like a 10 year vet, 3 time SB winning QB. He'll be in when the time counts.

Archived