THE BROWNS BOARD

Blue Chip, Red Chip

KardiacKid26

Good evaluation, and the result is pretty much what you would expect from a team that is rebuilding from the gound up. i can't wait to watch our kids develop with the few seasoned veterans (Delhomme, Thomas and Rogers) and a fierce coach. Should be fun.

And the award for best use of the word "fierce" by straight man goes to... ROACH!!!

It's premature to call Michael Oher a blue-chipper. According to ProFootballFocus, Oher was the 19th best OT in the league last year. They have his bookend Jared Gaither rated much higher, but Lombardi doesn't even mention him.

Oher's very talented and has the potential to be elite, but his current status is inflated by his celebrity. He still needs to prove himself as a football player.

I can think of no one who is as incapable of doing his job close to the level expected of him more than Mike Lombardi. He was/is a big booster of the Broncos, especially hc Josh McDaniels. He is an expert only in his own mind. He is what my daddy called an investment man -- you invest money to buy him for what he/w worth and sell him for what he THINKS he's worth. You have made a lot of monrey and it was a good investment.

It is easy to see -- as many of you have posted -- his lack of consistancy in assigning red and blue status. He is, however, very consistant in inflating the numbers of reds and blues on the teams he favors while limiting severely the numbers of better players on teams he doesn't like as much (Read: He loves the Broncos and he doesn't like the Browns). He is so anti-Browns that I cannot figure out why any Browns fan would cite him as a VALID source for a factual report about any team.

Archived