THE BROWNS BOARD

Ed Reed lashes out at the Ravens

SJ_Browns

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...ing-this-year/1

Not only is Ravens FS Ed Reed's hip in bad shape -- he says he'll be on the PUP list when training camp starts -- his feelings are also hurt.

"I haven't had the support from the other side as you think has been there," Reed said while attending a youth football camp in Maryland. "If I don't say it now, it won't ever get said. ... It's like a marriage. There are going to be disagreements.

"You got to work with that person. Not easily broken, man. When it starts to get too much, you got to pull back: 'Is it worth it? Or should I take a pay cut and be on another team?' ... It's not any bad stuff or ill will toward the Ravens."

Reed's request for a new contract last season has been rebuffed to date.

"I'm not going to get into the things I've been through unless it continues," the four-time first-team all-pro and 2004 NFL defensive MVP said. "Then, I'm going to put it out there. It's something that will be discussed as a business, as a partner with the Ravens. We got to work together."

Reed has three years remaining on his current deal, and his base salary each of the next years will average more than $6.5 million.

"The word I got was, 'We're comfortable with where we're at,'" Reed said. "Yes, you would be comfortable with the plays that I'm making on the field and paying me what you're paying me. ... There are six, seven players in front of me at my position (contract values) that I honestly wouldn't let hold my jock, and I don't even wear one."

Reed hopes his hip is ready for Week 1 but says the injury is so bad that "Honestly, I shouldn't even be playing this year."

http://www.local15tv.com/sports/nfl/story/...VpKUfWYHDA.cspx

Baltimore Ravens standout safety Ed Reed said Wednesday he will begin the regular season on the physically unable to perform list due to offseason hip surgery.

The 31-year-old Reed told Baltimore radio station 105.7 The Fan of the move, meaning he'll have to miss the first six games of the regular season.

"I'm not going to let them take me off like they took me off last time without telling me," Reed told the radio station. "I'm just rehabbing. I know it's a slow process. It's going to take some time. I'm not rushing it for anybody."

Following the Ravens' 20-3 playoff loss to the Colts, Reed said he was thinking about retirement, especially after an injury-plagued 2009 season.

A six-time Pro Bowl selection, Reed has 46 career interceptions, the most of any player since he entered the NFL in 2002. Though he missed four games last season (groin/hip), Reed picked off three passes and recorded the 13th TD of his career on a 52-yard INT return against Cincinnati last October 11.

i'm not sure if this guy is of any significance to the ravens, but i thought i would post this anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5401102

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens backup cornerback Cary Williams has been suspended by the NFL for two games without pay for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome says the violation occurred while Williams was playing for the Tennessee Titans. Williams was with the Titans in 2008 and at the outset of last season before joining the Ravens in November.

"We were aware of this" before Baltimore signed Williams, Newsome said Thursday.

The 25-year-old Williams was taken in the seventh round of the 2008 draft by Tennessee. He played one game with the Titans in 2008, and last year he played in four games with Tennessee and five with Baltimore.

He will compete to play nickel back when training camp opens next week.

Ed Reed was supposedly golfing at a celebrity golf outing sometime in recent weeks. For someone who shouldn't be playing football at all this year is golfing in a voluntary event a good idea? Sounds like he is being dramatic to me. Not taking anything away from the man since he is a BEAST of a player, but it sounds like a smokescreen to me.

Ed Reed was supposedly golfing at a celebrity golf outing sometime in recent weeks. For someone who shouldn't be playing football at all this year is golfing in a voluntary event a good idea? Sounds like he is being dramatic to me. Not taking anything away from the man since he is a BEAST of a player, but it sounds like a smokescreen to me.

but don't you think golfing and riding around in a golf cart is alot less of a strain on his rehabbing injury than football? i dunno, we'll find out soon enough what's going on with reed.

does anybody know about the ravens 2010 secondary? do they have a player who can step up in reed's place till he comes back or are they screwed? i'm just curious to know how reed's injury will affect the ravens.

Ravens fans from another board claim that Zbikowski will play just as well as Reed, which i seriously doubt. Its pretty hard to replace a guy who will be a hall of famer.

Ravens fans from another board claim that Zbikowski will play just as well as Reed, which i seriously doubt. Its pretty hard to replace a guy who will be a hall of famer.

yeah, it's not that easy to just plug in another player and say he will do just as well as a reed did.

Archived