THE BROWNS BOARD

who was that here that heralded britains health care?

calfoxwc

besides obamao's most recent appointee...

read, and tell me the rest of us were wrong about it coming here.

its impossible to afford, a bureaucratic nightmare, and leads to

RATIONALIZED CARE, AND LIFE AND DEATH DECISIONS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/25/world/eu...tml?_r=2&hp

Britain is now going to RATION like hell, to be able to afford a gov health care.

dammit, we all TOLD the libs it wouldn't work.

but noooo. They looove the British hc system.

Obamao loves it. His latest appointee LOVES it.

you know what? we were right all along.. again.

check THIS out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/7908742/...S-services.html

This leftist Obamao gov is going to put all of us in big, big trouble.

Explain to me how what we have is any better. As it is now, we're spending too much on the elderly. Rationing is where we're headed, too. More medical assistance will be "rationed" to younger people in the future. A huge percentage of our money (too much) is going into the elderly population, and that's a problem.

we are spending too much on the elderly?

hmmm. The elderly generally have more health problems - it's called aging.

those "old folks" built the greatest, most powerful nation on earth, in two hundred years of the world's history.

Those "old folks" changed the world in WWI and WWII with great sacrifice.

I suppose you identify with the soylent green movie ? Or American history was NOT legitimately taught in your school district?

blech.

Where is the honor and love in "let the old folks die and be crippled, save the hc money for ME????"

sad.

we are spending too much on the elderly?

hmmm. The elderly generally have more health problems - it's called aging.

those "old folks" built the greatest, most powerful nation on earth, in two hundred years of the world's history.

Those "old folks" changed the world in WWI and WWII with great sacrifice.

I suppose you identify with the soylent green movie ? Or American history was legitimately taught in your school district?

blech.

Where is the honor and love in "let the old folks die and be crippled, save the hc money for ME????"

sad.

When you're in the 20 something age group, it's good to cut care for the elderly. But something tells me in 30 or so years, he may change his mind. Of course most of the money for health care goes to the elderly. When I was on active duty, the only time I went to sick call was for a serious infection or whatever. That and the physical exams. You don't generally need health care when you are young. So that is the most ridiculous statement I have ever read. And he wants to be a doctor? LMAO.

Yeah, I want to be a doctor, but you need to be realistic about it. I've discussed this with practicing MD's. At some point, we're not going to be able to pay for the care of the elderly, and those are the first cuts that are going to be made. You guys can laugh all you like, but until you actually explore the problem, you really are just speaking out of ignorance.

No, we're not saving it for the old folks. We're not even saving it for me. I'd prefer that the money going to the elderly went into the young. Our successful birth rate is disgusting for a 1st world country. The young are always going to be the future. The elderly just eat away at the funding and don't contribute much. I will say it a thousand times with a straight face, there is no reason to keep someone on life support for four years where they would just be bedridden the entire time. That is a waste of money. At least with the young, if you save them, they can contribute to society.

It's cold and callous, but really, talk to some MD's, and they'll tell you that the elderly is where most of the industry's money is spent. And I could really care less about their achievements. They did what they could, and I'm thankful, but that's not a reason to be spending money so they can live for two more miserable years. Spend that money on the youth who CAN contribute and sacrifice for our future.

And you say I'll change my mind, but xxxx that. If I ever get to the point where I need a medication or to see a doctor every day just to live, I'd sooner kill myself. Seriously, if I get cancer or some other terminal illness, I'm going to start living an extreme lifestyle. Like skydiving or wrestling grizzly bears. Or, if none of those kills me, maybe skydiving while wrestling a grizzly bear, and he's the only one with a parachute, I have to steal it from him before we hit the ground. Crazy shit like that. I'm not going to die in a hospital.

When you say elderly I assume you mean the people nearing the end of their life? Such as Alzheimer's, cancer, or other fatal disease. Personally, I wouldn't want to live on a ventilator either. My father died at age 68 from small cell lung cancer and suffered horribly. He refused a ventilator and died the same night, heavily medicated on morphine from a great nurse. So I can understand you if you mean people who are going to die anyway, why bother to live in pain and suffering for another few months.

You mean you MEANT end of life care. Like giving a 102 year old person with teminal cancer

a knee replacement?

But it is NOT what you SAID, Vapor.

What you SAID is cold blooded and rude, and vicious.

And nasty.

Work on your communication skills before you become a doc, okie-dokie ?

Horrible analogy, as usual, cal. What I meant is still cold and callous, but it's realistic.

How about if you work on your critical thinking skills, I'll work on my communication skills? Deal? K. I don't want to become a doctor to be nice and politically correct to people about how sick they are. I want to be a doctor because I'm smart enough to learn about the shit that could fix them. If I wanted to save more people than we know how right now, I'd go into research. That isn't what I want to do. I want to practice medicine, which means I take the knowledge the Ph.D.'s give us and apply it.

Well, I still have no freakin idea of what you mean, then.

Give us a few examples to go with, since you are tippy-toeing

around what you mean.

And, I would never go to a callous, uncommunicative doctor like

you apparently purport to say you'd be.

Even Ducky on NCIS talks to the bodies in the morgue like they are still human beings.

You seem to be saying you don't care to treat human beings like human beings.

Or.. something...

The question I hate to hear coming from care providers is; "what will the patients quality of life be if we do this?"

What they should be saying, it sucks to get old and we dont see replacing the tires on the old geezer and we must kill them off because they are sucking up all the money for those who are able to work for the state.

Are we going to need a hospital patients bill of Rights clarified here?

fubar!

Well, I still have no freakin idea of what you mean, then.

Give us a few examples to go with, since you are tippy-toeing

around what you mean.

And, I would never go to a callous, uncommunicative doctor like

you apparently purport to say you'd be.

I never said anything about being uncommunicative. I just said I'd be callous and very realistic. If someone comes to me and they're a terminal case, I'm not going to pussyfoot and try and make it nice on them. I'm going to be completely realistic about the whole thing. "You're going to die in a few months. There are treatments that may extend your life for maybe a year. You will be in excruciating physical pain either way. It's your call on what you want to do."

Even Ducky on NCIS talks to the bodies in the morgue like they are still human beings.

You seem to be saying you don't care to treat human beings like human beings.

Or.. something...

No. I never said anything like that.

Archived