THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland Browns 2010 Training Camp: Shaun Rogers and Others On PUP List

NewEraDawg

The Cleveland Browns are set to hold their first full-team training camp practice in front of the public this Saturday July 31.

Browns fans will also get their chance to see new team president Mike Holmgren up close since he will most likely be roaming around the practice fields watching both players and coaches.

As of the writing of this article, the Browns only have one unsigned rookie in first round cornerback Joe Haden.

What many Browns fans were looking forward to besides the rookies and Holmgren walking around, was to see if the rumor of defensive lineman Shaun Rogers moving to defensive end was going to be true out not.

Rogers has been in the media this offseason from his arrest to his helping Cleveland suburban police arrest a drunk driver.

Now Rogers has made the news again, but this is not good news.

According to the site, The Orange and Brown Report, Rogers has been placed on the active/PUP list by the Browns.

Also listed on the report are defensive lineman C.J. Mosley (ankle) and cornerback Coye Francies (undisclosed).

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/425663-...sted-as-injured

This is a different list than the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list that is issued at the start of the regular season, since that list requires a player to miss the first six games of the season.

The list Rogers was placed on means that he will be unable to participate in the Browns training camp on July 31 and for possibly several camp practices after that too.

Fans will be disappointed to not see where their big lineman will line up at the start of camp, but he should only miss a few until he is back on the field with his teammates running drills.

The specific reason that Rogers will not participate was reported to be an issue with his leg.

This could be a case of Rogers needing some more time to get into football shape, since there have been offseason distractions, but regardless of the situation, he will be on the field hopefully sooner than later in training camp.

He did the same thing last year.

I guess my leg would hurt as well if i had a 150 lb gut.

Rogers is a game player....not a practice player.....just the way it is.

It is surprising to me why they even have training camp anymore for the veteran players . There are way to many routes around the two a days for me . I want to see the pecker-woods sweat and puke . It's part of the game and is what makes you tough and puts fire in your belley .

He did the same thing last year.

I guess my leg would hurt as well if i had a 150 lb gut.

Rogers is a game player....not a practice player.....just the way it is.

he sucks at both........game time worst rush defense in the NFL when he plays.......and giving mucho points.............and they he does his one play of ten ........where some go AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh, what a talent

he blows..............

trade him

we agree to disagree on this piece of shit

Archived