THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter King: Browns not making playoffs

bonedawg

HATERS GONNA HATE!

FTA: "Today is time for hope. I tweeted the other day the reason this is such a fun time is because 32 teams think they have a chance to make the playoffs right now, and I think about 28 actually do. (Scratch St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Buffalo and probably Cleveland, though I guess it's possible Jake Delhomme can be reborn and the Browns could eke out nine wins.) Detroit? Kansas City? Seattle? Not dead at all. They can all throw the ball, and all have made some defensive progress."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writ...l#ixzz0uwyYRZbc

Seriously? Detroit and KC can make the playoffs in 2010? Peter King has just lost 428 respect points in my book.

yeah well, 28 out 32 sports writers aren't fat, no nothing, homer, pieces of crap. peter king isn't one of them. honestly, we all know that the browns aren't going to make the playoffs, but come on: to say that the lions and seattle have chances to make the playoffs is ridiculous. the browns have just as good of a shot that they do. moron.

yeah well, 28 out 32 sports writers aren't fat, no nothing, homer, pieces of crap. peter king isn't one of them. honestly, we all know that the browns aren't going to make the playoffs, but come on: to say that the lions and seattle have chances to make the playoffs is ridiculous. the browns have just as good of a shot that they do. moron.

Personally I think Cleveland has a better chance of getting into the playoffs than St. Louis, KC, Buffalo, Detroit, and Tampa Bay.

Right now, the Browns' biggest obstacle to making the playoffs is the division they play in. There's not one bad team in the bunch. That makes it difficult from the get-go. Divisional games are where it's at and until the Browns can at least split the 6 contests, they won't make it to the postseason.

That's why I agree with King about Seattle at least having a chance. There's no dominant team in the NFC West and the Rams are downright terrible. Arizona and SF are up and down ballclubs.

But that's also the same reason why his comments on the Lions are unbelievable. There's no way they're getting in with GB and Minny staring them in the face four times a year. I realize Chicago isn't very good, but c'mon, the Lions are not going to be wild card in the NFC with two good teams in their division and all those good clubs in the NFC East (Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles).

To state it again, the Browns must win at least 3 divisional games this year to give themselves an opportunity to be in the mix with Cincy and Pittsburgh for a wild card spot. I think the Ravens win the division by at least 3 games this year (12/13 wins), but the Browns have a chance to get into the postseason if they stay healthy, Delhomme plays well, and the new players contribute.

the problem with these sports writers is they have no idea about the team itself, they just look at the big pieces and make an overall assumption. It's obvious King here said "they have delhomme they won't win der der der" and for the most part have NO idea about the rest of team. Hey, I say let them hate. Only makes it that much sweeter if we do go out and shock people. Remember, people said Warner was done. People said Chad Pennington couldn't make Miami a winner.

Right now, the Browns' biggest obstacle to making the playoffs is the division they play in. There's not one bad team in the bunch. That makes it difficult from the get-go. Divisional games are where it's at and until the Browns can at least split the 6 contests, they won't make it to the postseason.

That's why I agree with King about Seattle at least having a chance. There's no dominant team in the NFC West and the Rams are downright terrible. Arizona and SF are up and down ballclubs.

But that's also the same reason why his comments on the Lions are unbelievable. There's no way they're getting in with GB and Minny staring them in the face four times a year. I realize Chicago isn't very good, but c'mon, the Lions are not going to be wild card in the NFC with two good teams in their division and all those good clubs in the NFC East (Redskins, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles).

To state it again, the Browns must win at least 3 divisional games this year to give themselves an opportunity to be in the mix with Cincy and Pittsburgh for a wild card spot. I think the Ravens win the division by at least 3 games this year (12/13 wins), but the Browns have a chance to get into the postseason if they stay healthy, Delhomme plays well, and the new players contribute.

I certainly think we have a chance to win a couple of divisional games this year. Baltimore is going to be tough.

eh, whatever.

Who would have predicted the Rams to have had a chance to go to the superbowl the next year after pitiful, dismal losing seasons years ago ?

It happens. Things click, things work, the coaches know what they're doing,

and the players have HEART and CHARACTER and also have TALENT.

I think we are mostly there, and the Browns have the underdog fights harder thing going for them.

Shock and Awe them, Browns.

We can all chide Peter King endlessly when he's wrong at the end of the season.

Yes, our Browns are in a tough division.

I say the Browns will get to the playoffs. Browns will Shock and Awe !

Peter King is just another hack . I have no use for his input . He just plays the same game as the rest of the clueless people that read tea leaves or whatever they rely on to prognosticate their feeble minded drivel .

But anyway............who said we will get in the playoffs ? Every other talking head in the industry says the same thing . No ground breaking stuff in this item

detroit will be better this year. 7-9 is the best case scenario for that team. more likely they'll finish 5-11 or 6-10, though. still a big improvement. i think that they will at least appear competitive.

KC could surprise but i don't think that they will.

out of all of the teams that finished with a poor enough record to get a top 10 pick in the 2010 draft, i feel that the browns and raiders have the best chance of being a competitive team with a .500 record this year. i hope so, at least.

denver is going to be a worse football team this year. i don't see the bills improving anytime soon.

The Browns recently went from 4-12 to 10-6 (but then back to 4-12 again). In any given season any team Might be able to make the playoffs. Would I predict the playoffs for the Browns this year? Absolutely not. But, I might predict a total of 10 teams in the NFL to have no playoff shot, and I would probably be wrong on about half of them.

Again, this is just so much shit thrown at the ceiling to see how much sticks.

Who did King Peter predict would win last years super bowl???

It's still July, not a down of football has been played and most assumptions are based on last years performance...

Our Browns will be Ok, we'll win some and we'll lose some but (baring any serious injuries) we'll be in every game....

This team has heart and appear to be hungry with something to prove....

Our receiving corps still worries me but the rest of the team should be vastly improved as compaired to last year...

I'm pumped and can't wait for the season to start...

Peace

T.Dawg

I've said it before..it would be cool if we started 2-0, and went into Ratbird land and stole one. While this may be far-fetched talk by me, it COULD happen. That 7 game stretch after T Bay & KC is indeed scary, especially for the Browns who will probably have to get some breaks and play flawless football to be even 4-4 at the BYE week.

I think the Ratbirds are division favorites, but I don't see a 12/13 win team. 10-6 takes the AFC North this year, and I want it to be the Browns...

f

detroit will be better this year. 7-9 is the best case scenario for that team. more likely they'll finish 5-11 or 6-10, though. still a big improvement. i think that they will at least appear competitive.

KC could surprise but i don't think that they will.

out of all of the teams that finished with a poor enough record to get a top 10 pick in the 2010 draft, i feel that the browns and raiders have the best chance of being a competitive team with a .500 record this year. i hope so, at least.

denver is going to be a worse football team this year. i don't see the bills improving anytime soon.

for posterity. ;)

i say we're better than Detroit.

I've said it before..it would be cool if we started 2-0, and went into Ratbird land and stole one. While this may be far-fetched talk by me, it COULD happen. That 7 game stretch after T Bay & KC is indeed scary, especially for the Browns who will probably have to get some breaks and play flawless football to be even 4-4 at the BYE week.

I think the Ratbirds are division favorites, but I don't see a 12/13 win team. 10-6 takes the AFC North this year, and I want it to be the Browns...

i agree. the more time passes the more brutal that schedule looks. :blink:

when it was released i kinda liked the divisional spacing. now i don't know what the hell i was thinking.

We gone turn some muaxxxxn heads fa all u #haterz sayn we can't compete n our division dis year... #WTF.. Fellow Browns, #letsgo.. It's us against da world... iTS TRU

that's why he's my dawg. i bet he reads a lot of the press--he's an emotional player, possibly an "atta-boy" kinda guy, and reading that stuff probably pushes him. well no doubt drafting the #1 CB in college pushes him too, but you gotta be motivated anyway. people have been known to take it lying down. B-mac has the fire.

he's gotten a lot of hate this past season but if he improves and comes on strong with some game day results he'll be back in the fold like the classified section.

Archived