THE BROWNS BOARD

Knicks, Cavs in Brown's future?

BrownIndian

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...tory?id=5421873

LOS ANGELES -- Exactly four weeks after the NBA super summer free-agency frenzy commenced, Shannon Brown has had three places emerge as his most probable destinations next season: Hollywood, Broadway or the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Brown has to decide between taking less money and a smaller role with the championship-contending Los Angeles Lakers, the team that turned his career around when it acquired him a season and a half ago, or a bigger pay day and possible starting position on the New York Knicks or Cleveland Cavaliers, two teams in transition mode after the acquisition of Amare Stoudemire and the exit of LeBron James, respectively.

CBSSports.com reported Thursday the Knicks have extended a formal offer to Brown. New York has shown interest in Brown throughout the summer, according to a source close to the situation who also said Brown's representative has been in discussions with both Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni about how the guard would fit into D'Antoni's system. Discussions remain "ongoing," according to the source.

Cleveland, the other team in the mix, has money to spend after being spurned by James and later striking out on Kyle Lowry and Matt Barnes, who signed with Houston and the Lakers, respectively.

The Lakers have 11 players under contract but have begun negotiations with second-round draft picks Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter to grow their roster to the league-minimum 13. Signing Brown would put the team at 14, one more than the Lakers carried last year, unless they can shed a player through a trade or through a medical exception, the latter being a possibility the team is mulling because of the health of Luke Walton's back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sure hope we get him; the guy will be a solid addition to the Cavs.

I really don't know how he fits into the Cav's line-up?..

I would think after losing Z and Shaq...BIG'S should be the priority.....

Hornets wanting to move Okafor but his dough is ridiculous..make the money match somehow and that's not a bad hook up.....Hornets should also be willing to move him with draft picks....and once CP3 bails later this year,,their pick will be a very good one..

I really don't know how he fits into the Cav's line-up?..

I would think after losing Z and Shaq...BIG'S should be the priority.....

Hornets wanting to move Okafor but his dough is ridiculous..make the money match somehow and that's not a bad hook up.....Hornets should also be willing to move him with draft picks....and once CP3 bails later this year,,their pick will be a very good one..

Brown has an amazing vertical, he is a good role player and an asset coming of the bench. Also the experience he got with going all the way with the Lakers will be vital if and when the Cavs get there.

You are correct that Size is of importance here, but we dont have too many quality big men worth investing in. Draft it is ....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived