THE BROWNS BOARD

Watch Preseason games?

Browns57

For those of you who live away from Cleveland or don't have season tickets below is a link to sign up to watch the games online. Personally I think $40 is steep for preseason games, but maybe I am in the minority on that one. So anyway here is the link in case any of you would be interested in watching the Browns games online. That is if they even cover them all.

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/regi...t_email_PSL0730

For those of you who live away from Cleveland or don't have season tickets below is a link to sign up to watch the games online. Personally I think $40 is steep for preseason games, but maybe I am in the minority on that one. So anyway here is the link in case any of you would be interested in watching the Browns games online. That is if they even cover them all.

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/regi...t_email_PSL0730

Are you saying it is $40.00 to attend, or $40.00 just to watch them online?

I agree that $40 is a bit steep and will probably run me off, but it does remind me of a situation that has been bothering me and I didn't know where to bring it up. This seems as close to being the right one as any I've seen. Being new to this board, I don't know some of the protocol and what to expect once "the action" starts. This situation is not one that is covered in rule books.

I hope you folks who have daily access to information re: training camp and other Browns' "ongoings" during the season will remember those of us who live multiple states away and don't have ready access to such information. I hope we can count on you to help keep us up to date in addition to posting your views and other info.

We get pathetically little info re: most NFL teams in our newspapers and/or local television. ESPN and FOX are our only sources for information for info re: the Browns.

In advance, I thank you for your help!-

I agree that $40 is a bit steep and will probably run me off, but it does remind me of a situation that has been bothering me and I didn't know where to bring it up. This seems as close to being the right one as any I've seen. Being new to this board, I don't know some of the protocol and what to expect once "the action" starts. This situation is not one that is covered in rule books.

I hope you folks who have daily access to information re: training camp and other Browns' "ongoings" during the season will remember those of us who live multiple states away and don't have ready access to such information. I hope we can count on you to help keep us up to date in addition to posting your views and other info.

We get pathetically little info re: most NFL teams in our newspapers and/or local television. ESPN and FOX are our only sources for information for info re: the Browns.

In advance, I thank you for your help!-

The internet is a wonderful thing. You can pull up information from papers all across the country. I live in Tennessee about 11 miles from the Georgia border and get all the info I need with a few mouse clicks!.

Way better than sitting around waiting for my Cleveland Browns Journal or whatever it was called to arrive in the mail.

Now....smartass aside....you will find people very helpful finding what you want. In past years posters who go to camp give us a camp report from their eyes....usually post up a pic or two.

When preseason games start some find the free links and post that...I have watched the preseason games the last few years with info people have given me.

That said...I might pay the $40 to see the games. That way I know I will get them or don't have to worry about the site being shut down...and the fact the NFL is now offering this tells me they are going to be on top of bootleg broadcasts.

Whats another $40?? I currently pay $280 for 2 preseason games(2 seats at $70 a pop) I don't attend since I don't live there, but it drives me crazy knowing the Browns are playing and I am not watching, so $40 for 4 games seems like a deal to me.

I am going to check the link directly.

Thanks for passing on the link, Browns57.

Have to say, I'm loving the idea of this thing. Chasing streams worked pretty fine for the most part, but there was always uncertainty about availability and often technical issues. No idea if NFL.com will have tech problems, but at least there's not going to be scrambling to find the feed *and* there'll be someone to rightfully bitch at if the feed is poor.

Checking out the demo, the quality was wonderful.

Personally, I think $40 is reasonable, even knowing that the Lions game will be live on NFL Network.

Beanpot

Thanks for passing on the link, Browns57.

Have to say, I'm loving the idea of this thing. Chasing streams worked pretty fine for the most part, but there was always uncertainty about availability and often technical issues. No idea if NFL.com will have tech problems, but at least there's not going to be scrambling to find the feed *and* there'll be someone to rightfully bitch at if the feed is poor.

Checking out the demo, the quality was wonderful.

Personally, I think $40 is reasonable, even knowing that the Lions game will be live on NFL Network.

Beanpot

You are welcome. I felt like it was even more important to those people who have time warner or another cable company that doesn't offer the NFL Network. I generally watch the games when they rebroadcast them after the fact. Last year though I think that they only showed three of the preseason games. I could be mistaken on that. But now maybe we can catch them live instead of days later on the NFL network.

Archived