THE BROWNS BOARD

Hello from Cheesehead-land!

PackFanPerson

I just thought I'd drop in to say hi, and give you an early welcome to Lambeau in a couple of weeks!

I know it's only pre-season and we won't see much, but I'm so excited that the season is almost here again. I'm *so* *over* staring at my tomato and pepper plants like I think they're going to do something new! :rolleyes:

I've read some on your board and it sounds to me like you might surprise some people. Lots of off-season action and draft movements. Of course, I really like Holmgren!

As for us? Well, we'll see. We shored up our O-line a bit. Looks like Bigby, Starks, and Harris are on PUP. I really think Rogers is a special guy so we need to protect him, and a repeat of last years' 50 sacks will *not* do that, will it?

Well, just sitting here in SE WI. I'm not nibbling on cheese (which I have a LOT of), but I am enjoying a beer or two, so I guess everything they say about us is true! :lol:

Here's to a good game!

Welcome PackersFan..........I always enjoy games with GB in them . I think A. rodgers is a great QB in the making and I also think highly of your D . Many of us are very happy to have "The Show" . He just exudes opptimisim and good feelings .

Thank you for the welcomes! :)

I also think highly of your D

Thank you very much! I think a lot of them, too. I have to admit, we have some weapons defensively. Woodson is a beast (an aging beast, unfortunately; but a beast none the less). If anyone can come back from Harris' injury, it's Harris. Let's not state the obvious, which is that he's also a bit long in the tooth. Nick Collins, Burnett......can't complain at all. I think Clay Matthews had an incredible rookie year. Perhaps a beast-in-the-making?

He is the Walrus.

He really is, isn't he? Although I very much like Mike McCarthy, and Holmgren has been gone for years......I'm still in mourning. :)

Grab a beer!

I shall! Thanks!

It will be a good test on our DB"s with Rogers at the helm.

Well, of course that would be one scenario. :lol:

Let's look at a couple of others.

Scenario #1:

Rodgers holds onto the ball just a bit too long.

Rodgers gets ground into the dirt.

Now in this sitch, there is a possible upside for us. Sometimes when Rodgers is scrambling around, really good things happen.

Scenario #2:

Rodgers drops back, our Offensive line crumbles like a 6-pack of pudding cups.

Rodgers gets ground into the dirt.

No upside for us.

Can you tell I'm apprehensive about the O-line? Now, to be honest, they did improve a *lot* in the second half of the season after Tausch and Clifty were back. (Yes, they are beloved, yes, they are old. ~sigh~)

I'm still reading through the threads to learn more about your players. I see some *major* positive things going on here! You (collectively) must be really optimistic!

I really like the Packers, Rogers, and the fan base. The Packers are one of the few teams I root for outside of Cleveland. It's a classy orginization and they have terrible weather and team colors which as a Browns fan, I can appreciate and properly respect.

I really like the Packers, Rogers, and the fan base. The Packers are one of the few teams I root for outside of Cleveland. It's a classy orginization and they have terrible weather and team colors which as a Browns fan, I can appreciate and properly respect.

Agree....I have vacationed up on that Door County peninsula, and Packer fans are pretty cool. It was neat to drive by "the frozen tundra" as well.

To me, the MOST embarassing game of the season last year was the Browns defeat at home by The Packers. 31-3 and the Browns only gained 81 yards passing and 58 rushing.

And, unfortuneatly, that game was almost typical. So, our enthusiasm for what happened in the last 4 games of the season has to be tempered somewhat by what happened in the first 12 games. Hopefully, this year, the Browns will be that team that played those final 4 games and not the one that showed up to play the Packers last year.

Welcome Pack fan. I don't think there is a person on the board that dislikes the Packers franchise. They are a class franchise and a hard nosed city with great fans, just like the Browns. There are many similarities. Good luck this season.

- From an ex-Eagle River citizen.

...... I think Clay Matthews had an incredible rookie year. Perhaps a beast-in-the-making?

If you didn't know already, Clay Matthew Jr's father is a GOD around these parts, and for many of us, our favorite player ever.

We would give our left testicle for the kid.

A.J. Hawk was a huge fan favorite for those local who are also Buckeye fans.

Like others said here in so many words, we can relate to Packer fans, the weather, the colors, the rabid fan base.

Good Luck this season.

I hate the Packers! They are sooo full of themselves. And the fans are the worst in the NFL! Even worse then the Bengals. Just joking with you all. I figured it would be fun to act like one of the Steeler trolls for a moment.

I do like the Packers, respect the great fans, and would love to see my new favorite player (Clay Matthews III) have a super career and make the HOF. Thanks for the post.

Browns fans, if you ever get a chance to see a Packers game (any opponent), DON'T pass it up. A Packers game has got to be the ultimate NFL experience. The last time the Browns played there, i drove up to Milwaukee and picked up my son (Marquette U.) and then headed north to Green Bay. Lambeau Field is like a cathedral- beautiful in and out. The tailgate parties were everywhere and the fans are as classy as you've ever met. The Packer HOF is right in the stadium, and we visited it before the game.

At that particular game, the Packers retired Reggie White's jersey, and his daughter sang the national anthem. Favre broke some passing record during the game. The Browns won the game (thanks to some crappy clock management by the home team). That made the long drive home on Monday morning much easier to manage.

Stan used to have some pics of that trip on his website. i wonder if they are still around.

One of our best tailgate parties last year was before the Packers game. We hosted a large group of about 20, plus a few other couples wearing their green jerseys. We'll not talk about the way that game turned out.

Wow! Thanks again for the overwhelming welcome. Sorry I couldn't check in for a couple of days! I was in South Dakota.

ATENEARS, thank you so much for posting the pics of roach's Lambeau visit! I loved Reggie White.

If you didn't know already, Clay Matthew Jr's father is a GOD around these parts, and for many of us, our favorite player ever.

They have quite a football family, don't they? CM3 is just such a natural. Sooooooo smart and instinctive. On the Packer's board I post on, I use his pic as my avatar.

They are a class franchise and a hard nosed city with great fans, just like the Browns. There are many similarities.

That's a perfect way to state it. I feel the same way.

I hate the Packers! They are sooo full of themselves. And the fans are the worst in the NFL! Even worse then the Bengals. Just joking with you all. I figured it would be fun to act like one of the Steeler trolls for a moment.

:lol: :lol:

Too funny! For a second I wondered if I had inadvertently wandered onto a board all draped in purple. Apologies in advance to any Vikings fans out there, but I only have one word about what the F-word is putting you through today.....and that is...

*snicker* :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all the nice comments and welcomes. I really appreciate it.

I've been enjoying your training camp thread a *lot*, and it's really helped me get a lot more familiar with your players and your traditions!

In the interest of sharing traditions, I think you would enjoy this link. One of our training camp traditions is the players riding kid's bikes from Lambeau over to the practice field. Every day, the kids and their parents line up and the players chose a bike....hang out for a while talking......signing autographs etc.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-...84-67fcba45a96f

(note whose picture is first...lol!)

Here's Nick Collins doing the bike thing (short video). I included it because it gives a great representation of the whole ~vibe~.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...48-4aeda5df5ad0

:)

I've been enjoying your training camp thread a *lot*, and it's really helped me get a lot more familiar with your players and your traditions!

In the interest of sharing traditions, I think you would enjoy this link. One of our training camp traditions is the players riding kid's bikes from Lambeau over to the practice field. Every day, the kids and their parents line up and the players chose a bike....hang out for a while talking......signing autographs etc.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/photo-...84-67fcba45a96f

(note whose picture is first...lol!)

Here's Nick Collins doing the bike thing (short video). I included it because it gives a great representation of the whole ~vibe~.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...48-4aeda5df5ad0

That is very cool. I enjoyed that video segment of Packers riding the kids bikes to the field. Awesome tradition, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome!

I love it when we play teams I like. :)

would love to see my new favorite player (Clay Matthews III) have a super career and make the HOF

I totally missed this. Here he is a couple of days ago in a locker room interview:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...c8-5faddff5bcc8

I realize that everyone is perfectly capable of looking this up themselves..... :lol: .......but with his dad's history here, I figure you might enjoy it. Man, he's so well-spoken and adept with the media for a second year guy (thanks, dad)!

The Packers had a day off today, so nothing new and exciting (with the exception of Favre's possible pervy-ness) and no new injuries.

You're welcome!

I love it when we play teams I like. :)

I totally missed this. Here he is a couple of days ago in a locker room interview:

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...c8-5faddff5bcc8

I realize that everyone is perfectly capable of looking this up themselves..... :lol: .......but with his dad's history here, I figure you might enjoy it. Man, he's so well-spoken and adept with the media for a second year guy (thanks, dad)!

The Packers had a day off today, so nothing new and exciting (with the exception of Favre's possible pervy-ness) and no new injuries.

PackFan: A "troll" that frequents this board who is a fan of another team who shall remain nameless claims that any NFL titles won by the Packers (or any other team) prior to the onset of the NFC/AFC Championship game aka Super Bowl no longer count for anything; that the 12 titles won by the Packers in their history is NOT the record for most titles by an NFL franchise; that it is the team he roots for that should be considered the team with the most NFL titles. (needless to say that team never won a title prior to 1966 even though they were in existence for many many years before that time).

What do you think about that? Do you think that the 9 titles won by the Packers before 1966 should hereby be relegated to the dust bin as he claims?

PackFan: A "troll" that frequents this board who is a fan of another team who shall remain nameless claims that any NFL titles won by the Packers (or any other team) prior to the onset of the NFC/AFC Championship game aka Super Bowl no longer count for anything; that the 12 titles won by the Packers in their history is NOT the record for most titles by an NFL franchise; that it is the team he roots for that should be considered the team with the most NFL titles. (needless to say that team never won a title prior to 1966 even though they were in existence for many many years before that time).

What do you think about that? Do you think that the 9 titles won by the Packers before 1966 should hereby be relegated to the dust bin as he claims?

Well, naturally a Packer's fan and a silly, little squeeler's fan will probably disagree about this. LOL!

The Pack is the team with the most World championships. They have 12 wins in all. These were during the years 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996. The squeelers have 6 superbowls in the years *I don't really care*.

So no, I don't think the nine titles we won prior to 1966 should be relegated to the dustbin, as I (personally) love the history of football. So the Steelers can rightfully proclaim that they have the most Superbowls wins, which unfortunately for them does not change the fact that we have more championship titles. Silly little whiners. :lol:

Okay, Bigby is going to undergo surgery on his ankle in NC on Friday. It doesn't look like it'll put him out for the season, but you guys will probably be up against a rookie strong safety, Morgan Burnett, during our game.

Well, naturally a Packer's fan and a silly, little, squeelers fan will probably disagree about this. LOL!

The Pack is the team with the most World championships. They have 12 wins in all. These were during the years 1929, 1930, 1931, 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1996. The sqeelers have 6 superbowls in the years *I don't really care*.

So no, I don't think the nine titles we won prior to 1966 should be relegated to the dustbin, as I (personally) love the history of football. So the Steelers can rightfully proclaim that they have the most Superbowls wins, which unfortunately for them does not change the fact that we have more championship titles. Silly little whiners. :lol:

Okay, Bigby is going to undergo surgery on his ankle in NC on Friday. It doesn't look like it'll put him out for the season, but you guys will probably be up against a rookie strong safety, Morgan Burnett, during our game.

Naturally, you are correct. They want to ignore the entire history of the league because a good part of it was unkind to them. (kinda like Germans refusing to acknowledge that Nazis once ruled their nation) I must point out to you, however, that though the Packers do indeed have the most NFL titles, Cleveland/NEOhio still has more overall titles than GB, just with different franchises: 1920 Akron Pros, 1922-23-24 Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs, 1945 Rams, 1946-47-48-49-50-54-55-64 Browns. Thirteen total. You need one to catch up. It seems though that you may be in a prime position to do just that this year. Packers are title contenders. Browns, though we expect improvement, aren't, not really.

I must point out to you, however, that though the Packers do indeed have the most NFL titles, Cleveland/NEOhio still has more overall titles than GB, just with different franchises: 1920 Akron Pros, 1922-23-24 Canton/Cleveland Bulldogs, 1945 Rams, 1946-47-48-49-50-54-55-64 Browns. Thirteen total. You need one to catch up.

See? Now this is why I so much enjoy visiting other boards before our mutual games. I didn't know this! I'm going to mention this at an appropriate time on the Packer's board I post on.

Packers are title contenders.

Well, we are on day 5 of training camp. One or two injuries can change that picture so darn fast, as we found out last year. I don't think I'm going to be placing any bets for some time. :lol:

Well, doggone it.

CM3 dinged his hammy again. Looks like he'll be out for a couple of weeks.

http://www.packers.com/media-center/videos...88-69d9adf1ea07

The good news is that he will be okay, it seems.

I can't wait for the game. I don't care if it is *just* preseason!

We're thinking BBQ chicken thighs on the grill, potato salad, baked beans, garden tomatoes stuffed with blue cheese (grill), and brownies.

Oh. And beer. Lots of beer.

Here's to no injuries to either of our teams!

Welcome & thanks for a classy thread.

Cleveland & Green Bay are great football "towns" with great fans.

CM3 has fantastic bloodlines & many of us were hoping we might luck into getting him, but you folks landed a great one.

BTW, if you ever decide to motor this way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, give a holler & we'll treat you to some Canton, Ohio food, drink, & fun. The Hall of Fame is a great place & there ARE a "few" ol' Packers in the Hall y'know, including one of my all time favorites, Bart Starr.

Good luck to the Pack, EXCEPT when they play our Browns!

Mike

I know I have only been posting here for about five years but I do believe that this is my favorite thread EVER! Football talk, helping a fellow football fan out, nobody being a jerk. I wish all the threads were like this one. Thank you to packfanperson and everyone else who has posted on this thread.

And Cantonmike let me know if that happens and I will try to get back to the hometown to help out and hang out with you guys.

BTW, if you ever decide to motor this way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, give a holler & we'll treat you to some Canton, Ohio food, drink, & fun. The Hall of Fame is a great place & there ARE a "few" ol' Packers in the Hall y'know, including one of my all time favorites, Bart Starr.

You have no idea how much I would enjoy that! I have an uncle in Cleveland, so the possibility is much more than remote that we could visit one day....and if we do, I will definitely give a holler!

Thank you to packfanperson and everyone else who has posted on this thread.

I thank all of you for such an incredibly kind welcome. I'll probably stick around after our game, if it's alright with all of you. I've read so much about your team in my time here that I feel emotionally invested in how you do this year! :)

Okay, here's our dope sheet on the game. Of course it's written more for Pack fans, but on the right side of page 3 is an interesting section titled "NOTABLE CONNECTIONS" (between our two teams) that I enjoyed!

http://www.packers.com/assets/docs/dopeshe...10dopesheet.pdf

You have no idea how much I would enjoy that! I have an uncle in Cleveland, so the possibility is much more than remote that we could visit one day....and if we do, I will definitely give a holler!

Bump.

Dude, not a nice game or congrats or screw you or anything?

Best wishes to the Packers (the first notch on our 2010 belt). Tell your uncle to look us up for a tailgate.

Archived