THE BROWNS BOARD

Veikune

halfsane

Yeah, I've had a bad feeling about him ever since they tried to make him a middle linebacker. He played a DE in college. What pisses me off even more is that they could have drafted Rey Maluaga in that spot- an actual middle linebacker. Oh what could have been.

What pisses me off even more is that they could have drafted Rey Maluaga in that spot- an actual middle linebacker. Oh what could have been.

Rey went 38th, Veikune 52nd but we could've had LeSean "shady" McCoy or Shonn Greene but so could alot of teams. It is what it is, hopefully he proves to be a worthy pick, its still early. He didn't play at a top school, is changing positions and didnt and still doesn't have a mature NFL body. If he doesn't put it together next year then I'd be worried

I thought it was a horrible pick at the time. We we're, and still are not in a position to spend early round picks on luxury transformation projects. the only truly bad pick under Mangini. Stop trying to out think yourself and take the proven player, Eric.

holy crap. None of you have answered the original question. You all keep spouting off about how horrible the pick was.

Secondly, Malauga hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet either. As a matter of fact, didn't he just have some off field issues?

Rey went 38th, Veikune 52nd but we could've had LeSean "shady" McCoy or Shonn Greene but so could alot of teams. It is what it is, hopefully he proves to be a worthy pick, its still early. He didn't play at a top school, is changing positions and didnt and still doesn't have a mature NFL body. If he doesn't put it together next year then I'd be worried

Yeah but did we take Robiskie at 37th? Couldn't we have had him there. If not, then I apologize.

holy crap. None of you have answered the original question. You all keep spouting off about how horrible the pick was.

Secondly, Malauga hasn't proved anything in the NFL yet either. As a matter of fact, didn't he just have some off field issues?

Yeah, but the Bengals don't have to waste time teaching him the position. He is already in there and playing. He already know how to play middle linebacker.

Has anyone been watching him at camp? I haven't heard anything on him this year. It is leaving me with a bad feeling about the kid.

In the couple of camps that I have been at, he has not drawn my attention. In fact, I damn near forgot about him had I not seen him run by the camera in some video I shot.

I will look through some of my archive video footage of training camp and see if I can show you a play/drill or two that he was in for.

Strange, but I just looked through some video that I had shot of linebacker drills, and through two segments of it I still never saw Veikune take a rep. Not once.

He must be doing all his drills behind closed doors.

That means he could be a long way off. I liked the pick initially because he is a gym rat and has a motor on him, but I want to see the kid out there knocking some heads soon.

In OTAs there was talk about him focusing solely on ILB this year instead of both ILB and OLB, and he's lost weight and looked better in the spring, practicing with the 2nd team and maybe the 1st team too but I'm not sure. Haven't heard anything about him thus far in training camp, but then again there's a lot of players you don't hear about doing good or bad after just a week of camp.

Archived