THE BROWNS BOARD

Ref Admits Steelers Got Gift Super Bowl

Riffer X

My only comment to your rant is that I don't understand why you feel that you are victimized.

You come on here for the sole purpose of either responding in some drama queen fashion to some perceived slight of "Steelerdom" or for the purpose of setting that drama in motion yourself; yet ,you then complain about the existance of the drama, when it is the drama you exist for and thrive on.

For you, apparently, this board is merely a General Hospital/Guiding Light surrogate.

No one tells you that you have to tune in the soap opera, let alone being one of the leading actors

Gip I respond to the drama. I guarantee if you go back through my posts the writing will be on the wall. Your lovely message board is a drama queen breeding ground and I simply respond. You just try to be cute about it because you aren't much different in that regard.

And yes Pre-era championships Packersfan. The measuring stick at this point in time is SUPER BOWLS. Should I repeat it? Super Bowls. I guess the Packers and the Browns do have something in common. One of two fan bases that routinely talk about the "glory days" only the Packers are at least relevant in the year 2010.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gip I respond to the drama. I guarantee if you go back through my posts the writing will be on the wall. Your lovely message board is a drama queen breeding ground and I simply respond. You just try to be cute about it because you aren't much different in that regard.

And yes Pre-era championships Packersfan. The measuring stick at this point in time is SUPER BOWLS. Should I repeat it? Super Bowls. I guess the Packers and the Browns do have something in common. One of two fan bases that routinely talk about the "glory days" only the Packers are at least relevant in the year 2010.

The NFL itself is the Biggest Proponent of the SUPER-BOWL Champions. They Push it Heavy ... not much emphasis at all on Pre-Super Bowl stuff. Personally Its all part of the League History , so I have No Issues with touting your NFL or AFL Championships.

Gip I respond to the drama.

Yea, you do. And you also create half of it.

I guarantee if you go back through my posts the writing will be on the wall. Your lovely message board is a drama queen breeding ground and I simply respond. You just try to be cute about it because you aren't much different in that regard.

My genre is more "Action" than drama. I am more of a Schwarzenegger guy. You are more of an Erika Slezak kind of guy.

Well, clearly, as I see it, it is ONLY Steeler fans that think like you do. Like I told you, you are operating under a self created delusion about this. Now it is simply confirmed by others.

As for who may or may not be relevent in 2010, by all predictions, between the Packers, Browns and Steelers, in terms of being a projected playoff team, it is ONLY the Packers that apparently are considered relevent.

Hell with the Superbowl, I'm still pissed about Larry Anderson's fumble on the OT kickoff in 1978 @Three Rivers :huh:

Hell yeah. Most of these Stiller tards have no idea what the heck that means and don't care to. One of the worst calls of all time.

Fooking OT kickoff and Anderson fumbles without being touched by anybody around the twenty. Refs call him down before the Browns recovered, then Puke goes on to throw the infamous Flea Flicker to Bennie Cunningham. We could have ran 3 times into the middle and had Cockroft end the 3 Sewers jinx before it ever really got going.

Still chaps my ass.

So wait because I call out certain posters on their completely ridiculous statements I create the drama? I suppose you could look at it that way but I'm certainly not the catalyst for the drama. I'm also not the only one that looks at it that way regarding the pre-era championships and you can take that to the bank. I don't know anyone, anywhere...even in Cleveland that talks about all the championships won before the Super Bowl came to be. I have a lot of good friends that are diehard Browns fans and not ONE of them talks about the championships before the Super Bowl era. They all know the occurred but don't measure the franchise as it stands today including those championships because TODAY Super Bowls are all anyone cares about. Who knows it could be a generational thing because all of my friends are in the 20 something to 30 something range most falling in the late 20's. I'll be 28 next month. Sooooo if my contingent of Cleveland Browns fans is indicative of most in that age group I'd say it's safe to say a certain age demographic could care less about the championships won pre-era. I was in Ohio for a long time and not once did I have a discussion about it. It was never even brought up.

So wait because I call out certain posters on their completely ridiculous statements I create the drama? I suppose you could look at it that way but I'm certainly not the catalyst for the drama. I'm also not the only one that looks at it that way regarding the pre-era championships and you can take that to the bank. I don't know anyone, anywhere...even in Cleveland that talks about all the championships won before the Super Bowl came to be. I have a lot of good friends that are diehard Browns fans and not ONE of them talks about the championships before the Super Bowl era. They all know the occurred but don't measure the franchise as it stands today including those championships because TODAY Super Bowls are all anyone cares about. Who knows it could be a generational thing because all of my friends are in the 20 something to 30 something range most falling in the late 20's. I'll be 28 next month. Sooooo if my contingent of Cleveland Browns fans is indicative of most in that age group I'd say it's safe to say a certain age demographic could care less about the championships won pre-era. I was in Ohio for a long time and not once did I have a discussion about it. It was never even brought up.

Let me say this. I am a die hard Browns fan! Yes I tend to be on the optimistic side. Then again I'm a fan and if you can't be somewhat optimistic going into each and every season, then what the hell is the point? At the same time I consider myself very knowledgeable of the game. With that being said, I am a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy. I do recognize the Browns NFL and AAFC championships, and I truly feel that they count, and I respect the history, and that part of the game. If you are a true football fan you have to respect the old timers, and the pioneers of the game, that made it what it is today. However being in my 30s I have not seen a championship yet, and would like to see one at some point! I do feel that the Super Bowl is a glorified word for NFL championship, because that is in fact what it is... a championship game, right? Now with that said, here is where my "what have you done for me lately" attitude kicks in. What the Browns or the Steelers did last year, is last year! This is a new season, and a new start for everyone. We can all brag about how many championships we have had in the past, but it's a new season, and who knows what it will bring.

So wait because I call out certain posters on their completely ridiculous statements I create the drama? I suppose you could look at it that way but I'm certainly not the catalyst for the drama. I'm also not the only one that looks at it that way regarding the pre-era championships and you can take that to the bank. I don't know anyone, anywhere...even in Cleveland that talks about all the championships won before the Super Bowl came to be.

WTF are you talking about? You just got your ass handed to you about this by the Packer Fan. Or did you conveniently ignore that post.

I have a lot of good friends that are diehard Browns fans and not ONE of them talks about the championships before the Super Bowl era. They all know the occurred but don't measure the franchise as it stands today including those championships because TODAY Super Bowls are all anyone cares about. Who knows it could be a generational thing because all of my friends are in the 20 something to 30 something range most falling in the late 20's.

OK, so, no one is claiming that Steeler fans are the only one ignorant about history. I would bet these guys don't talk about those OLD championships won way back in the 70s either.

I'll be 28 next month. Sooooo if my contingent of Cleveland Browns fans is indicative of most in that age group I'd say it's safe to say a certain age demographic could care less about the championships won pre-era. I was in Ohio for a long time and not once did I have a discussion about it. It was never even brought up.

All I can say is that what you are professing here does not speak well for your demographic.

If your generations motto is "we're young, we're dumb, and we're proud of it", well, I weep for the future.

Fortuneatly, being the father of a soon to be 20 year old I know that not to be the case, though, in his case he could care less for a football title won in 2010 or 1920 or anywhere in between (nor does he care about any won in any other sport).

Let me say this. I am a die hard Browns fan! Yes I tend to be on the optimistic side. Then again I'm a fan and if you can't be somewhat optimistic going into each and every season, then what the hell is the point? At the same time I consider myself very knowledgeable of the game. With that being said, I am a "what have you done for me lately" kind of guy. I do recognize the Browns NFL and AAFC championships, and I truly feel that they count, and I respect the history, and that part of the game. If you are a true football fan you have to respect the old timers, and the pioneers of the game, that made it what it is today. However being in my 30s I have not seen a championship yet, and would like to see one at some point! I do feel that the Super Bowl is a glorified word for NFL championship, because that is in fact what it is... a championship game, right? Now with that said, here is where my "what have you done for me lately" attitude kicks in. What the Browns or the Steelers did last year, is last year! This is a new season, and a new start for everyone. We can all brag about how many championships we have had in the past, but it's a new season, and who knows what it will bring.

As I have said many times: the only championships that really count are the last one and the next one.

Everything else is history be it an Akron Pros title from 1920 or a Steelers title from 2008.

Obviously I enjoy and study the history of football. I suppose you could tell that from my trivia.

But, that doesn't change the fact that the only title we really truly need to be concerned about is the 2010 NFL title. In the interim, the Saints can enjoy their current reign..

Fair to say?

As I have said many times: the only championships that really count are the last one and the next one.

Everything else is history be it an Akron Pros title from 1920 or a Steelers title from 2008.

Obviously I enjoy and study the history of football. I suppose you could tell that from my trivia.

But, that doesn't change the fact that the only title we really truly need to be concerned about is the 2010 NFL title. In the interim, the Saints can enjoy their current reign..

Fair to say?

Absolutely! And it should be that way until they are dethroned! I mean, let's face it, we know we haven't done s*** since 1964! All though the 80s were a great time and we should have gotten to a couple of Super Bowls. But woulda, coulda, shoulda..... didn't. Those days are my greatest memories of the Cleveland Browns, and with the exception of coming up short, we were one of the elite teams, and have nothing to be ashamed of. Elway just had our number.

By no means should we forget about our history, because it certainly is rich. In fact the history of the Cleveland Browns should be instilled deeply into every new player, coach, assistant, front office personnel and any other employee that walks into that facility in Berea, so that they know what the Browns mean to the city of Cleveland, and their fans. I think we are starting to see that happen, and quite frankly, I am excited for the future. Sooner or later, "next year" will be now! Hopefully much sooner. But me, being me, no matter what, I'll keep plugging along, and staying true to my team!

www.nflgridirongab.com/2010/08/10/head-of-officials-says-refs-calls-didnt-decide-outcome-of-super-bowl-xl/

Head of Officials Says Refs Calls Didn’t Decide Outcome of Super Bowl XL

Posted by Matt Loede under Pittsburgh Steelers, Seattle Seahawks, Super Bowl

The talk about Bill Leavy’s admission about his errors in Super Bowl XL continues. In today’s twist, Mike Pereira, who was the head of officials at the time, says that Leavy’s calls DID NOT decide the outcome of the day, despite what crying Hawks fans continue to say.

“Did Leavy’s calls determine the winner of Super Bowl XL? Absolutely not!” Pereira writes at FoxSports.com. “In truth, there were missed calls that went against both teams. Let’s all put aside our allegiances and go back four years and look at the game objectively. If we do, we will see that the Seahawks did not play well and neither, actually, did the Steelers.”

Pereira goes on to write that “The officials also did not have a great game,” but he thinks Leavy is actually wrong about one of the “kicked calls” he owned up to. Leavy regrets flagging offensive tackle Sean Locklear for a holding penalty that negated a big play for the Seahawks, but Pereira says Leavy actually got that call right.

This story needs to just go away. The Steelers have gone on to win another Super Bowl, and the Hawks have done nothing. Leavy should have kept his mouth shut, and even if he thinks he was wrong, it’s been four years and no one cares at this point – except Leavy that is.

Blaa blaa blaa... His Supervisor thinks not.

Hey help me out with something... how can he be "gay" and a "rapist" at the same time?

I mean, wouldn't a gay guy be the LAST to ever rape a woman?

Please, enlighten me as to how this is possible.

Let's look at this while totally ignoring BR and his situation:

Rape is a crime of violence and control rather than a crime of sex really.

Take the whole prison thing. The big tough mean Bubba guys will repeatedly rape the new, young weaker inmates...why? Not because they are homosexual. On the outside they wouldn't think of having sex with a man. No, because it is a way of dominating someone. Breaking someone to do your will.

In theory I suspect a gay man would certainly rape a woman if it meant it could bring him control over hear.

But then we delve into the perverted psychoses of these sorts, and who really can understand them.

My ass handed to me? lol Where did this happen exactly?

Steelers > Packers

Steelers > Browns

OH MAN! I just handed you, your a$$!

:rolleyes:

Not quite sure what your equation is supposed to be about, but the Packer Fan said that your fantasy about nothing that happened before whatever arbitrary year it is that you are trying to set for things to count is a pile of goat shit.

Your proclamation that "no one outside of Cleveland" "counts" or considers titles won before the onset of the NFC/AFC title game to be relevent has been shown to be that pile. Last time I looked Green Bay isn't Cleveland. The Packers are not The Browns, in fact, they don't even like each other very much.

My ass handed to me? lol Where did this happen exactly?

Steelers > Packers

Steelers > Browns

OH MAN! I just handed you, your a$$!

:rolleyes:

Technically if you handed someone they're ass then that would mean you had to touch it in order to hand it to said person. I think im starting to see why you changed your name to Homotron now. It's all starting to make sense. Just dont touch my ass please.

Not quite sure what your equation is supposed to be about, but the Packer Fan said that your fantasy about nothing that happened before whatever arbitrary year it is that you are trying to set for things to count is a pile of goat shit.

Your proclamation that "no one outside of Cleveland" "counts" or considers titles won before the onset of the NFC/AFC title game to be relevent has been shown to be that pile. Last time I looked Green Bay isn't Cleveland. The Packers are not The Browns, in fact, they don't even like each other very much

Well my point has always been no one outside of Cleveland gives a sh.it about YOUR championships. Just as most don't give a sh.it about Green Bay's pre-era championships outside of Vince Lombardi. When I say no one I meant the typical diehard fan. Obviously league historians and the actual league cares about those championships. My point has always been that franchises are now measured by Super Bowl wins to which you have zero.

Technically if you handed someone they're ass then that would mean you had to touch it in order to hand it to said person. I think im starting to see why you changed your name to Homotron now. It's all starting to make sense. Just dont touch my ass please.

Well seeing as my comment was delivered in a sarcastic and tongue and cheek fashion I'm not sure why you'd take it that way. I'm guessing you want me to grab your ass. I'm not comfortable with grabbing your ass. I'll send gip. I'm sure he'd love to tongue your grundle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...undle%20muncher

Gip is a grundle licking maniac.

Let's look at this while totally ignoring BR and his situation:

Rape is a crime of violence and control rather than a crime of sex really.

Take the whole prison thing. The big tough mean Bubba guys will repeatedly rape the new, young weaker inmates...why? Not because they are homosexual. On the outside they wouldn't think of having sex with a man. No, because it is a way of dominating someone. Breaking someone to do your will.

In theory I suspect a gay man would certainly rape a woman if it meant it could bring him control over hear.

But then we delve into the perverted psychoses of these sorts, and who really can understand them

And BR sees Women and wants to "Break them" ? Come on man... Its irresponsibility meets Fame and fortune meets "WHY Did I do that" ... It wrong on multiple levels , but its not Rape. Its BS that any of you actually believe that either. Its because its the Steelers period... blaaa blaaa all you want , but anyone with a Brain can seen right through your BS. I haven't see a 6 month or 6 week barrage on Lawrence Taylor on this Board ...why ?? No Not because hes retired , because he is not a Steeler. Dont bother making excuses... it it was Joe Greene or Teryy Bradshaw or Franco , you guys would have weekly threads calling them S***. Get over it you Clowns.

LOL...As If that will Change your little Juvenile Asses. Party on Garth....

Well my point has always been no one outside of Cleveland gives a sh.it about YOUR championships. Just as most don't give a sh.it about Green Bay's pre-era championships outside of Vince Lombardi. When I say no one I meant the typical diehard fan. Obviously league historians and the actual league cares about those championships. My point has always been that franchises are now measured by Super Bowl wins to which you have zero.

What makes you think that outside of Pittsburgh anyone gives a shit about YOUR Championships?

No one does.

Not to mention the fact that you are dead ass wrong, and know it. It just that you want to perpetuate your own personal myth to obtain some inner validation. Try masturbation instead.

I heard one commentator state that the only "era" that truly counts is the era since they went to the 8 division format, which would eliminate anything from "counting" prior to 2002.

So, you see, anyone can come up with some arbitrary line of demarcation. You just do yours to suit the purposes of your delusion.

And BR sees Women and wants to "Break them" ?

I told you that this had nothing to do with BR.

I was giving you somewhat of a clinical analysis of the crime of rape because the subject came up.

What is it about that that you don't understand?

Come on man... Its irresponsibility meets Fame and fortune meets "WHY Did I do that" ... It wrong on multiple levels , but its not Rape. Its BS that any of you actually believe that either. Its because its the Steelers period... blaaa blaaa all you want , but anyone with a Brain can seen right through your BS. I haven't see a 6 month or 6 week barrage on Lawrence Taylor on this Board ...why ?? No Not because hes retired , because he is not a Steeler. Dont bother making excuses... it it was Joe Greene or Teryy Bradshaw or Franco , you guys would have weekly threads calling them S***. Get over it you Clowns.

LOL...As If that will Change your little Juvenile Asses. Party on Garth....

Well seeing as my comment was delivered in a sarcastic and tongue and cheek fashion I'm not sure why you'd take it that way. I'm guessing you want me to grab your ass. I'm not comfortable with grabbing your ass. I'll send gip. I'm sure he'd love to tongue your grundle.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?...undle%20muncher

Gip is a grundle licking maniac.

You were my guru.

Archived