THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Scoreboards

Squintz

One point that I've made to the Browns and after going to the scrimmage yesterday, came to mind again:

Our replay scoreboards suck. They really do.

When compared to other 'state of the art' stadiums, they are out of position and way too small to see when placed a million miles in the air.

But what bugs me the most is when they have a replay or show something up on the board. They take the already small screen and SHRINK it to fit in a bunch of advertising bullcrap. I get sick and tired of the Browns and the NFL trying to squeeze every red cent out of us.

Do me a favor - either spend the money and install a good quality large board or eliminate the damn advertising.

They put more advertising on those boards than anything else. Give me a break.

One point that I've made to the Browns and after going to the scrimmage yesterday, came to mind again:

Our replay scoreboards suck. They really do.

When compared to other 'state of the art' stadiums, they are out of position and way too small to see when placed a million miles in the air.

But what bugs me the most is when they have a replay or show something up on the board. They take the already small screen and SHRINK it to fit in a bunch of advertising bullcrap. I get sick and tired of the Browns and the NFL trying to squeeze every red cent out of us.

Do me a favor - either spend the money and install a good quality large board or eliminate the damn advertising.

They put more advertising on those boards than anything else. Give me a break.

Scoreboards are bad? Compared to whose? Dallas I'll give you. Not Paul Brown, or Ford Field. The Ram's is absolutely puny if that's what you want to use for comparison. :/

Scoreboards are bad? Compared to whose? Dallas I'll give you. Not Paul Brown, or Ford Field. The Ram's is absolutely puny if that's what you want to use for comparison. :/

Stadiums that I've been to and have better scoreboards: Tennessee, Seattle, Denver, New England, Indy, Houston, Washington, Tampa and most annoyingly, Baltimore.

Stadiums I've been to that have worse scoreboards: K.C., Cincy, Minnesota, New Orleans, Miami, Atlanta, Buffalo and the idiotic one-scoreboard high school approach by the stoolers.

Stadiums that look as if they're boards are better: Dallas (obvious but I'm not saying it's right to have a behemoth board), Philly, Chicago, Carolina, Arizona and the new N.Y. stadium (Jets and Giants)

Stadiums that look as if they're boards are worse: Oakland, San Diego, Detroit (I'll take your word for it), Green Bay, St. Louis, San Fran and Jax.

So, to my count there are 16 other teams with better boards.

And there are 15 that are worse.

BUT, the issue is of the 15 worse, the vast majority are old and outdated stadiums. Only Cincy, Pitt and Detroit have new stadiums on this list.

So my point remains that our boards are not on-par with other 'state-of-the-art' stadiums. Possibly my issue is where they positioned them up so high. If they were placed where the Ratbirds boards were, then maybe they wouldn't look as bad.

But that can't be changed. So, they need to maximize the utilization of the scoreboards and use all of the space for replays and such. It's like having a 75-inch TV in a 30x30' room. 75 inches is huge, but not if the couch is so damn far away.

What they need to STOP doing is shrinking an already disadvantaged board to include another Smuckers ad or some other crap. Stop the advertising, show more replays using the WHOLE screen.

Guess I have never really paid attention, or cared all that much.

They give me the time, down, and score and do show replays.

I guess having grown up in the era of 3 channel, black and white tv with a frequency adjustment on the channel changer and an antenna that had to be adjusted every few minutes depending on the weather conditions, I think it is just fine.

Well, Squintz, maybe you just need new eyeglasses. :)

I'm with ballpeen on this one. The action on the field interests me more than the scoreboard.

Archived