THE BROWNS BOARD

Adding to his NFL record

brnfan16

4 is an insane total for a year. I'd be happy with 1, and since he almost always gets great field position he'd certainly be earning his pay.

Cribbs has 2 career punt returns for TDs in his career compared to his 8 KO returns for TDs (the record)

The all time careerleader in punt returns for TDs: Eric Metcalf, 10, 5 of those with the Browns (he also had 3 in one year with San Diego)

He got 4 total last year. 3 on kickoffs and 1 on a punt return. And that was a career year. It would have been a career year for ANY of the top kick off returners.

To expect him to get more than that is ridiculous. To set the over/under bar at 4 kick off returns and 3 punt returns is absolutely insane.

Realistically, if he gets 3 total (kick offs and punt return TDs) he will have had a great year.

Even if Josh gets NO return TDs this year, his value is as what I refer to as a "table setter" due to the field position we usually see after he returns a kick. Given our REAL QBs this year & the great field position we have come to expect from Cribbs, we should be a lot of fun to watch this year.

Mike

Since cribbs is the best returner and now that zastadul is hurt, what do you think of the browns punting it on 3rd down. This would serve two purposes, it would trick the other team and allow us to get better field position and save time on the clock so cribbs would get more punts to return.

According to preseason games and training camp, it doesn't look like Cribbs is going to do much returning that all this season. They want to improve his longevity in the league and prevent injuries. I think its a big mistake. But we will see.

Well, they do want to preserve him for the regular season, but I think you can rest assured that he will be running back punts and kickoffs. What would they be saving him for? Kickoffs 5 years from now? No.

Archived