THE BROWNS BOARD

Cleveland, Ohio

AdamDrizzy

Hey guys - I don't know if you remember me but I'm the Bills fan who also follows the Browns. I saw only clips of the Browns VS Packers game (I was actually in Cleveland that day) and Delhomme looked pretty good. I picked up Mohamed Massaquoi and Jerome Harrison in my PPR league (hoping Massaquoi does well as my 3rd WR).

I took a greyhound bus from Buffalo to Cleveland for a punk show off of Detroit (I think it was W64th street) ... and I gotta say Cleveland is looking good... very put together city. I think I'd even put Cleveland above Pittsburgh nowadays. The Winking Lizard is a good bar/restaurant and it seems as if the Indians are the favorite in your city (with Lebron gone and all...) - just the vibe I received.

Here's to a good season. I definitely plan on taking a trip back to see the Browns Vs Bengals home game - should be a good game :)

Hey guys - I don't know if you remember me but I'm the Bills fan who also follows the Browns. I saw only clips of the Browns VS Packers game (I was actually in Cleveland that day) and Delhomme looked pretty good. I picked up Mohamed Massaquoi and Jerome Harrison in my PPR league (hoping Massaquoi does well as my 3rd WR).

I took a greyhound bus from Buffalo to Cleveland for a punk show off of Detroit (I think it was W64th street) ... and I gotta say Cleveland is looking good... very put together city. I think I'd even put Cleveland above Pittsburgh nowadays. The Winking Lizard is a good bar/restaurant and it seems as if the Indians are the favorite in your city (with Lebron gone and all...) - just the vibe I received.

Here's to a good season. I definitely plan on taking a trip back to see the Browns Vs Bengals home game - should be a good game :)

good luck to the Bills.

Thats good to hear! Cleveand gets such a bad rep from non-Ohians, and I can't honestly tell you why. I live in Youngstown, Ohio (arm pit of the US) and I love Cleveland. People say there is nothing to do and it's boring! Are you kidding m? Browns, Tribe, Cavs (NOt so much now), not to mention the awesome bars downtown. You have to look but there is so much to do. Pittsburgh was named one of the dirtiest and polluted cities in the US. In fact, it might have been number one. Cleveland is on the rise. If Lady GAga likes to go out in Cleveland, then thats cool with me!

My husband is a Bengals fan and I can tell you from my expierence-it's the best game of the season for me because we go to that game every year in Cleveland. I have season tickets this year, so every game will be amazing, but it should be very competetive this year! :lol:

Thats good to hear! Cleveand gets such a bad rep from non-Ohians, and I can't honestly tell you why. I live in Youngstown, Ohio (arm pit of the US) and I love Cleveland. People say there is nothing to do and it's boring! Are you kidding m? Browns, Tribe, Cavs (NOt so much now), not to mention the awesome bars downtown. You have to look but there is so much to do. Pittsburgh was named one of the dirtiest and polluted cities in the US. In fact, it might have been number one. Cleveland is on the rise. If Lady GAga likes to go out in Cleveland, then thats cool with me!

My husband is a Bengals fan and I can tell you from my expierence-it's the best game of the season for me because we go to that game every year in Cleveland. I have season tickets this year, so every game will be amazing, but it should be very competetive this year! :lol:

Hey Emily Pittsburgh was voted the dirty city based on air quality. In that same report it also mentions that Pittsburgh wouldn't be on the list if not for Ohio. Ohios factories send pollution over the border and pollute our airways soooo really Cleveland is to blame for our air quality. Amazing isn't it?

cleveland gets a bum rap because downtown is pretty shitty on the weekends. if you know the right spots to hit up, cleveland is a blast.

Buffalo is a ghost town on the weekends until night time

I think that goes for almost every city except for NYC and maybe LA

Pittsburgh isn't but it's relegated to certain areas. The strip district for example, at least on the weekends is a zoo during the day and the night.

Hey Emily Pittsburgh was voted the dirty city based on air quality. In that same report it also mentions that Pittsburgh wouldn't be on the list if not for Ohio. Ohios factories send pollution over the border and pollute our airways soooo really Cleveland is to blame for our air quality. Amazing isn't it?

Your a hoot, I guess Detroit is to blame for our air quality?

Your a hoot, I guess Detroit is to blame for our air quality?

I'm not making that up. Find the article that names Pittsburgh the dirtiest and the article says exactly what I posted above. Cleveland Factories over the border are to blame for the air quality in Pittsburgh. I have no idea on Detroit but I wouldn't be surprised. Last I checked there is a environmental phenomena called "WIND" and it "pushes things" You may want to watch a few extra episodes of Bill Nye the science guy this evening.

Here are the Rankings

MOST Pollution and Dirty Air (per the Environmental Defense Fund) .

1 Los Angeles, CA 58,345,945 224,657 50

2 Riverside-San Bernardino, CA 38,782,050 88,502 70

3 New York City, NY 13,892,795 188,596 22

4 Philadelphia, PA 12,966,235 106,561 25

5 Houston, TX 8,369,726 105,929 20

6 Washington, DC 7,644,442 98,627 22

7 Chicago, IL 7,581,358 187,629 19

8 Baltimore, MD 6,783,065 54,089 24

9 Atlanta, GA 6,640,293 97,516 21

10 Detroit, MI 4,937,067 118,708 16

11 Fresno, CA 4,536,115 24,644 58

12 Sacramento, CA 4,524,544 38,804 33

13 Bakersfield, CA 4,110,388 17,838 65

14 Dallas, TX 3,694,064 87,129 19

15 Boston, MA 3,362,081 62,119 14

16 St. Louis, MO-IL 3,331,538 56,992 21

17 Cleveland, OH 3,268,093 47,258 21

18 Pittsburgh, PA 2,839,664 42,494 29

19 Fort Worth-Arlington, TX 2,550,867 41,798 23

20 Charlotte, NC

Dang, Actually Pittsburgh loses .... But Looks like we are Neck and Neck in Dirt. Get rid of all those Hillbillies who live between E20th and E. 125th streets and Cleveland's air will clean right up. All the Stench from those German Cockroach Populations in the homes. But Geezzzz... <_< Why is it ALWAYS A Competition between us.

add Denver to the list, there is an ant farm of activity here dawn to midnight. if you don't like seeing people 24/7, definitely don't come here! ^_^

I live in Youngstown, Ohio (arm pit of the US)

wrongo. i live about 5 miles north of the armpit of the US.........yonkers, ny. one block you're driving past 3 story victorian mansions and make a right turn and you're in the middle of drug dealers and .380's.

Perhaps now we know why there is so much mental Retardation in Pittsburgh: pollution from Ohio.

Exhibit "A"?

I just spent all day and night in Cleveland on Saturday and had a blast. Even the pouring rain for 6-7 hours straight, and what seemed like a 100 Browns turnovers couldn't ruin the day. Met a ton of nice people downtown, visited many great bars (all playing rock n roll music). Stayed in a beautiful hotel that was built in the 1890's. It was an absolute blast. Cleveland is awesome! Anybody who has ever visited with me during our numerous trips ALWAYS has a great time and can't wait to come back again, and this time was no exception. We will both be back again very soon. Cleveland Rocks!

Well this is probably true. However, I still don't like Pittsburgh. I much rather go to Cleveland.

Wait...when did this happen?

WHen she was in town for her concert, she went to some sushi place downtown. I can't remember what it was called.

Also, I would like to retract my statement about PIttsburgh being dirtier since I was proven wrong. I still hate them :):mad:

Yea the steel factories and coal mining in PA have nothing to do with your air quality??? If particle's carried by wind was the main factor in the air quality then more counties than just Allegheny and Washington would be atop that list.

Read the article numb nuts. It's right there plain as day for you to read and digest. It talks about all the factories in Youngstown specifically. There also aren't many currently operating Steel Mills or Coal Mines in the greater Pittsburgh area. Either way don't kill the messenger. Read the DAMN article.

Who asked?

One of your faithful brought up Cleveland being dead during the day and week and implied that other cities besides LA and NYC were dead during the day. Soooooooooooo it wasn't really a question but rather a statement that required a response. Are you going to cry about it?

Archived