THE BROWNS BOARD

Carlton Mitchell

BigBrownsFan

Besides us turning the ball over five times how did we look?

We have no depth whatsoever on either line...our second and 3rd string linemen blow..i expected to see some problems with as little time as the starters played together last week hopefully things will improve with time on the field..

hope you ain't hanging your hat on Mitchell, he's a 6th round pick for a reason...

other than Harrison fumbling, I think the team and both QB's looked good...

Peace

T.Dawg

Mitchell will be ok. Hillis was a beast. Also our D still has yet to impress me. I know its preseason and all of that but I thought we would be sacking a rookie QB a bit more. I hope all those fumbles we had were just a one game thing, because a if we played a good Offense we would have gotten blown out. I truley thought we would kill the Rams tonight, but that wasnt the case.

We have no depth whatsoever on either line...our second and 3rd string linemen blow..i expected to see some problems with as little time as the starters played together last week hopefully things will improve with time on the field..

Thanks. We were missing a bunch of oline. We need shaun rodgers to come back. I was watching the raider game and kameron wimbley had two sacls in the first half. Lovely

First team defense looked impressive to me, Eric Wright could've had 3 int's. We were forced to defend a short field because of fumble's and managed to hold them to field goals. Delhomme played great again just have to work on that QB/C exchange. Harrison didn't get playing time after fumbling twice, would like to see Davis in with the one's see what he can do with a line that blocks. We outplayed the Rams across the bored, but when you turn the ball over 5 times you lose. On the bright side we turned it over 5 times and only lost bye 2. I think Mangini is gonna go with plan b, training camp won't be called short.

It was what it was.......... :P a preseason game in a gully washer . I think the starters that played did well , and the mess that was the second half was a compilation of coaching points for the ages .

I hate preseason football .......but I need it too . I think i am going mad .

Mitchell is a rookie, his college system may have been very different, Robo struggled his first year.

But to call him garbage? Come on.........

Mitchell is a rookie, his college system may have been very different, Robo struggled his first year.

But to call him garbage? Come on.........

i said he looked like crap because the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it one too many times. i'm not going to say HE IS CRAP at this point because he's still a rook and rooks can develop over time. he just needs to show a sign that he can do something on the field asap.

edit: and yes, it's too early to say he's garbage.

Sorry, SJ_Browns, I was referring to the top of the thread....

been really busy, but still one armed for another ... 7 weeks?

I just got around to reading the whole thread... my bad.... @@

agree about Stuckey, SJ.

he and Cribbs have me feeling somewhat better, should Robo or Mo sustain any kind of significant injury. no doubt we are ultra thin @ WR-no depth at all.

Mitchell is ultra raw, and i expect probably going to the PS. Steptoe looks like he's degraded to me.

with productive career ST players like Sorensen, Costanza, and Ventrone on the roster bubble this season, a less productive back-up ST'er like Syndric might not be a Brownie for much longer.

First team defense looked impressive to me, Eric Wright could've had 3 int's. We were forced to defend a short field because of fumble's and managed to hold them to field goals. Delhomme played great again just have to work on that QB/C exchange. Harrison didn't get playing time after fumbling twice, would like to see Davis in with the one's see what he can do with a line that blocks. We outplayed the Rams across the bored, but when you turn the ball over 5 times you lose. On the bright side we turned it over 5 times and only lost bye 2. I think Mangini is gonna go with plan b, training camp won't be called short.

good post, especially the bold stuffs. Davis has really put himself into the conversation. Seneca and Davis with the 1st group seems like it could be an awesome alternative...at least on paper.

Sorry, SJ_Browns, I was referring to the top of the thread....

been really busy, but still one armed for another ... 7 weeks?

I just got around to reading the whole thread... my bad.... @@

it's all good, cal. i figured you weren't referring to me, but i just wanted to explain my point a little further.

i said he looked like crap because the ball hit him in the hands and he dropped it one too many times. i'm not going to say HE IS CRAP at this point because he's still a rook and rooks can develop over time. he just needs to show a sign that he can do something on the field asap.

edit: and yes, it's too early to say he's garbage.

Mitchell was a sixth round pick for a reason. He has prototypical size 6'3", 215lbs, & speed. But is raw, raw. Struggled against better Ds his junior year. He's the definition of a "project" and is likely headed to the practice squad. I was at the the game and the only thing I'll fault him for is a non-play on the interception. Should have tackled the guy, an interference penalty is better than a turnover. I'm sure the coaches will point this out to him.

Now if you want to talk suckage, let me single our Mr. Tipytoes Steptoe. Hasn't improved a lick as a wr since his rookie year, and we don't need him fumbling punts or kickoffs. Cribbs, Lawson, and Hayden are ahead of him if that's his trip to a roster spot. I'd rather keep Ingram for a year, and put Mitchell on the practice squad.

Mitchell was a sixth round pick for a reason. He has prototypical size 6'3", 215lbs, & speed. But is raw, raw. Struggled against better Ds his junior year. He's the definition of a "project" and is likely headed to the practice squad. I was at the the game and the only thing I'll fault him for is a non-play on the interception. Should have tackled the guy, an interference penalty is better than a turnover. I'm sure the coaches will point this out to him.

Now if you want to talk suckage, let me single our Mr. Tipytoes Steptoe. Hasn't improved a lick as a wr since his rookie year, and we don't need him fumbling punts or kickoffs. Cribbs, Lawson, and Hayden are ahead of him if that's his trip to a roster spot. I'd rather keep Ingram for a year, and put Mitchell on the practice squad.

steptoe had his chances. he can go kick rocks with ratliff. and i agree, i'm sure someone told mitchell he should've run a better route and if all else fails, don't let the defender get an int.

Now if you want to talk suckage, let me single our Mr. Tipytoes Steptoe. Hasn't improved a lick as a wr since his rookie year, and we don't need him fumbling punts or kickoffs. Hoorta

LOL. Steptoe just doesn't seem to be intense enough to improve.

and yes, his hesitations and "Tipytoes" LOL, says he may have to grow some intensity and love for the game, whatever,

with another team.

Now if you want to talk suckage, let me single our Mr. Tipytoes Steptoe. Hasn't improved a lick as a wr since his rookie year, and we don't need him fumbling punts or kickoffs. Hoorta

LOL. Steptoe just doesn't seem to be intense enough to improve.

and yes, his hesitations and "Tipytoes" LOL, says he may have to grow some intensity and love for the game, whatever,

with another team.

And i agree completely calfoxwc...everytime i see tippytoe on the field i ask the same question to myself that i ask about ratliff or sorensen...why in the hell is he still around..

Archived