THE BROWNS BOARD

Tony Pashos and Shawn Lauvao updates

SJ_Browns

http://cle.scout.com/2/994909.html

Pashos, Lauvao Back?: OL Tony Pashos said he expects to practice Tuesday after sitting out the first two preseason games with a shoulder injury. He said that it’s a minor issue and the food poisoning he had to start training camp were just minor setbacks and he expects to be ready to go this week.

“My expectation is he’ll practice in the next couple of days and will play this weekend,” Mangini said.

Mangini was asked if rookie OL Shawn Lauvao would be back from Hawaii soon.

“Hopefully, he’ll be back Monday morning, but it’s tentative.”

Lauvao has been in Hawaii attending to personal issues

St. Claire played a fine game at RT, but vs certain competition, he shouldn't start.

Pashos ... certainly should fit the bill greatly. Can't wait to see him at RT the next couple of games...

St. Claire played a fine game at RT, but vs certain competition, he shouldn't start.

Pashos ... certainly should fit the bill greatly. Can't wait to see him at RT the next couple of games...

OTOH, Yates got overwhelmed at RG. Most of the qb sacks\hurries can be attributed to Yates playing turnstile.

OTOH, Yates got overwhelmed at RG. Most of the qb sacks\hurries can be attributed to Yates playing turnstile.

Yates seemed to move backward faster than he did forward. He WAS manhandled.

Mike

I take issue with the idea that we don't have any depth on our interior line.

Quite frankly, any NFL team that loses its 1st AND 2nd stringers at any position is in trouble. If you don't believe me just watch how dramatically the level of play drops in the preseason when the backups are in.

And the Browns had to go with their 3rd string line on the entire right side Saturday night.

Look, we are solid along the line and just simply ran into a perfect storm Saturday night. No Womack, Lauvao, Pashos, or St. Clair. That's a lot of lbs. in street clothes.

That being said, it's very important that three out of those four guys stay healthy during the regular season because although we forget about Mack/Steinbach/Thomas, the chance of those guys going all 16 is certainly not 100%.

I take issue with the idea that we don't have any depth on our interior line.

Quite frankly, any NFL team that loses its 1st AND 2nd stringers at any position is in trouble. If you don't believe me just watch how dramatically the level of play drops in the preseason when the backups are in.

And the Browns had to go with their 3rd string line on the entire right side Saturday night.

Look, we are solid along the line and just simply ran into a perfect storm Saturday night. No Womack, Lauvao, Pashos, or St. Clair. That's a lot of lbs. in street clothes.

That being said, it's very important that three out of those four guys stay healthy during the regular season because although we forget about Mack/Steinbach/Thomas, the chance of those guys going all 16 is certainly not 100%.

Take issue if you want but our second string replacements on both lines are to thin and theres a big gap in already questionable quality...i take issue with our so called starting right guard and tackle positions to say they are inconsistent is an understatement..one that will rear its ugly head at some point i presume earlier instead of later, hopefully lauvao soldifies a spot but im not sold on st.clair, womack or pashos at all..old and injury riddled we need a young body or 2 still..

Archived