THE BROWNS BOARD

Dumb is Dumb

Dawgstucknpa

Taylor apologizes to Steelers, fans for fight

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, August 23, 2010

Whatever concerns coach Mike Tomlin has after the Steelers' second preseason game, Ike Taylor's temperament should not be one of them.

That is what the veteran cornerback said Saturday night, a couple of hours after he got thrown out of the Steelers' 24-17 win against the Giants for fighting.

"I should know better," Taylor said. "I apologize to my teammates, apologize to my fans. I lost my cool, but it won't happen again."

Taylor and Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks started swinging at one another after the fourth play of the game. Both were ejected, although Nicks said Taylor initiated the fight.

"I was blocking downfield and trying to finish my block," Nicks said. "The next thing I knew, he was throwing punches, so I tried to defend myself."

Tomlin summed up the exchange with one word after the Steelers improved to 2-0 in preseason play: "Dumb."

Couldn't have said it better, coach Tomlin. Ike is way over-rated. Another Steeler defender that benefits from Lebeau's pressure on the QB.

Without Troy, who is very special, Steelers have the worst secondary in the league.

Hakeem should watch out for an after the play,

chop to the back of the knee by the Steelers defense.

Say, can I post the video clip of Troy PollyGirlymanboohoo

slamming into a kr before the ball ever even gets close to

being caught ... in a college game? (again.....@@)

Taylor apologizes to Steelers, fans for fight

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Monday, August 23, 2010

Whatever concerns coach Mike Tomlin has after the Steelers' second preseason game, Ike Taylor's temperament should not be one of them.

That is what the veteran cornerback said Saturday night, a couple of hours after he got thrown out of the Steelers' 24-17 win against the Giants for fighting.

"I should know better," Taylor said. "I apologize to my teammates, apologize to my fans. I lost my cool, but it won't happen again."

Taylor and Giants wide receiver Hakeem Nicks started swinging at one another after the fourth play of the game. Both were ejected, although Nicks said Taylor initiated the fight.

"I was blocking downfield and trying to finish my block," Nicks said. "The next thing I knew, he was throwing punches, so I tried to defend myself."

Tomlin summed up the exchange with one word after the Steelers improved to 2-0 in preseason play: "Dumb."

Couldn't have said it better, coach Tomlin. Ike is way over-rated. Another Steeler defender that benefits from Lebeau's pressure on the QB.

Without Troy, who is very special, Steelers have the worst secondary in the league.

Hes not that Overrated . WE in Pittsburgh Know he is Not All World ...he cant seem to Catch the Ball , finds himself in Poor position too often. Sad too, because he was a RB in College for 3 yrs , I am sure he woulda Took a Few to the House. But he is a Decent CB , but not top notch...And He should Know better...

dumb is this thread...

surprise surprise to see some of the names that have commented on this

thanks for contributing brilliantly once again

Same group of Retards. They definitely aren't the "put your best foot forward" types and honestly they bring down the intelligent Browns fans on this message board. I'm sort of surprised they haven't been reeled in a little bit.

Archived