THE BROWNS BOARD

Where does the progressive left stand on this issue?

Mr. T

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It's easy to see why a group of Muslims creating a community center in the heart of a majority Christian country in a city known for its large Jewish population might name it "The Cordoba House". They're not, as Gingrich hopes we would believe, discreetly laughing at us because "Cordoba" is some double-secret Islamist code for "conquest"; rather, they're hoping to associate themselves with a particular time in medieval history when the largest library in Western Europe was to be found in Cordoba, a city in which scholars of all three major Abrahamic religions were free to study side-by-side."

Sounds terrifying to me. Are you still terrified?

Yes. I am afraid.

I'm afraid you are so gullible that later on, when this mosque recruits terrorists

right and left,

you won't have the nads to come back here and say you're sorry you were moveon totally WRONG.

You want to grant free speech to this cult of muslims, will you grant them to practice their religion as they see fit?

Muslim Honor Killings in America will this be the next wave in our future?

Will you allow them to practice their demands such as Sharia Law.

We don’t need Sharai law or honor killings in America.

How can you defend this?

You want to grant free speech to this cult of muslims, will you grant them to practice their religion as they see fit?

No, religion is not higher then the law. They should practice how they see fit until the law is broken. Those same laws that give them the freedom of religion give them the restraints to abide by that law. Same goes for Christian priest rapists and Mormon polygamists, period.

As christians we do not commit murder and we follow those laws of the land.

Delusional. LOL, where to start with this. As Christians, you make the laws of the land to "abide" by.

p.s. I think Eric Rudolph, James Kopp and Peter Knight would disagree with your statement. I have 200 more law abiding "Christian" murders if you'd like. And that only goes back 30 years....

So if we let Muslims build this mosque and practice their faith in New York City, like they're doing now throughout New York City and all over the country already, we're for allowing honor killings? We're for sharia law in America?

Honestly. You guys have lost it completely.

I actually agree with Heck here. I've read the specifics of this. The building they want to renovate was vacant BEFORE 9/11.

When you get comments like "us Christians follow the laws of the country & THEY don't", the arguments are mute.

Picking and choosing what laws fall in line with your beliefs is not American, it's quite the contrary.

Yup. And allowing some Americans the freedom to practice their religion, but not others, is entirely unamerican.

If you're so big on the Founders and the Constitution like you claim to be, open it up and read the very first amendment. Because you're so big on "principles" and all of that.

Well, where are you American principles now? Seems like they all fly out the window when you get a little scared. You back state-sanctioned torture when you get a little scared of Muslims. You deny fellow Americans the freedom to practice their religion when you get a little scared of Muslims.

Some principles.

Baloney.

Cordoba means something. This has nothing to do with Christians or "Christians"....

it has to do with Cordoba, and Sharia law, the 3 floors in that building,

and the radical imam and radical funding.

Either talk about it, or ignore, But the fear of another terrorist attack is real.

This isn't your usual mosque being built.

It's built as a dangerous message to those that know history.

And radicals are banking on us NOT knowing, that's all.

The world of Islam is fashioned after a cult, and that is very dangerous.

The only thing I see here is the only defense from lefties is to call those who oppose the Islamic cult names like Islamophobe, or say we are denying their rights, or to say you are full of hate and other bullshit like that.

People of all religions go off the deep end at times, but this cult like behavior from Islamic Fascists will only create a Balkanized America. Your beloved Messiah Obama is not a uniter as well as your precious Imam

But you can continue with the support of these wackos if you like, put on your blinders and follow like sheep and then grab a bull horn and scream and yell unfair practices, have your sit ins, and dont forget to burn your bras.

Who said Heck is a cowardly jellyfish? Did I read something into something?

Eh?

Anyways,

"Cal, how many times do we have to spell it out? You can't take away the first amendment just because you FEAR someone is going to attack America" Vapor

VAPOR - How many times to WE have to spell it out? With freedom comes responsibility. Cordoba/Location/Radical Imam spells

yelling "FIRE" in the crowded theater.

And yet again, Heck goes off the deep end, ignoring Cloward-Piven like it never existed.

And yet again, Heck seems to have a job practicing "Rules for Radicals".

Amen to that brother. I love this quote as well, and I dislike the patriot act

ben_front_new2.jpg

And I also dislike pacifists, they dont have a spine.

You're missing the point. People who can choose where to practice their religion to constitutional specifications will be peaceful.

We shall see. If they act like they do in France, where they hire armed thugs to stop folks from entering into their homes or shops while the muslims take to the streets to pray, then that is not peaceful.

That is enforcement by their crazy cult. This is a Trojan horse.

Archived