THE BROWNS BOARD

anyone see how bad the steelers look

WRREBEL

You geniuses do realize that McFadden isn't even playing tonight, or Clark. That's half the starting secondary out. WRREBEL, don't be applying for MENSA anytime soon.

Now you want to talk about how bad Denny Dixon looks, that's another story altogether.

While I agree that you need to know the whole story before trying to talk smack; and that it's a friggin meaningless preseason game. BUT what I don't get and continue to not understand is why in the hell a stooler fan is on a Browns Board DURING a stooler game? WTF?

You geniuses do realize that McFadden isn't even playing tonight, or Clark. That's half the starting secondary out. WRREBEL, don't be applying for MENSA anytime soon.

Now you want to talk about how bad Denny Dixon looks, that's another story altogether.

Mcfadden is soooo good that they let him go, only bringing him back out of familiarity and desperation due to the poor excuse of a secondary that the Steelers are fielding.

And yes, the Steeler QB's have spoken for themselves this evening......

Mcfadden is soooo good that they let him go, only bringing him back out of familiarity and desperation due to the poor excuse of a secondary that the Steelers are fielding.

They let him go because of his payday in Arizona and Willie Gay played very well in the Nickel so they figured it was a natural replacement. Gay was then not ready for the starting job and they brought McFadden back for a song because he didn't fit the Arizona system. Pittsburgh doesn't over pay it's players. Period. It's the reason Randel El left and any number of Steeler players that went elsewhere for more money.

I had a fantasy football draft tonight so my attention wasn't really on the game. I'll probably skim it on my DVR tomorrow evening. I'm not worried about the Steelers tho and they sure as sh.it aren't finishing last in the division. It's also a PRESEASON game but most of you have acknowledged that fact.

While I agree that you need to know the whole story before trying to talk smack; and that it's a friggin meaningless preseason game. BUT what I don't get and continue to not understand is why in the hell a stooler fan is on a Browns Board DURING a stooler game? WTF?

what i find humorous is that one browns fan makes a bold prediction about the steelers being last in the division and the troll responds to him by saying, "you genuises", like all of us made that comment.

i think the steelers are going into the season with some issues. i think these issues could end up hurting the steelers, but i'm not about to go off foolishly guaranteeing things. i'll just sit back and watch certain key areas about the steelers and see what happens. i'll be paying alot of attention to the steelers st, o-line and secondary when the games count. i listen to certain people in the national media, but i like to do my own little analyst work to.

i just love football (esp. the nfl), it's my favorite sport. i watch as many games as i can.

What amazes me the most is that Brady Quinn is not even playing. Tebow seems to be the new backup QB for Orton. Man we did good by ridding ourselves of him.

i said the samething while watching the game. quinn should be the 3rd string qb.

I know its only preseason but there secondary is crap. 4 personal fouls already. Looks like we know who is going to finish last in the division. They are making lendal white look like darnel jerfferson.

Where are all those gay pits fan at

wrrebel, jmo, but it's bad enough that these ocd pittsburgh fans act like a bunch of goofy little kids when they troll this board. it makes it even worse when browns fans do the same damn thing. childish name calling and silly guarantees (in preseason at that!) do nothing but make this board a haven for numbskull trolls. you guys give them an excuse to be here. it's not helping the cause when you make goofy kiddie comments. they'll shoot those types of comments down easily. if you're going to argue why not argue like a grown ass man does and that's with undisputable facts or atleast wait to see how things play out and then make a comment if possible? jmo, man.

wrrebel, jmo, but it's bad enough that these ocd pittsburgh fans act like a bunch of goofy little kids when they troll this board. it makes it even worse when browns fans do the same damn thing. childish name calling and silly guarantees (in preseason at that!) do nothing but make this board a haven for numbskull trolls. you guys give them an excuse to be here. it's not helping the cause when you make goofy kiddie comments. they'll shoot those types of comments down easily. if you're going to argue why not argue like a grown ass man does and that's with undisputable facts or atleast wait to see how things play out and then make a comment if possible? jmo, man.

I sure as hell don't act like a kid and would love some intelligent discussion without the Retarded name calling.

I know its only preseason but there secondary is crap. 4 personal fouls already. Looks like we know who is going to finish last in the division. They are making lendal white look like darnel jerfferson.

Where are all those gay pits fan at

They did indeed look like Poooooop warmed over. But thats life live and learn. Gonna be a tough year ... we will see what they are made of.

what i find humorous is that one browns fan makes a bold prediction about the steelers being last in the division and the troll responds to him by saying, "you genuises", like all of us made that comment.

i think the steelers are going into the season with some issues. i think these issues could end up hurting the steelers, but i'm not about to go off foolishly guaranteeing things. i'll just sit back and watch certain key areas about the steelers and see what happens. i'll be paying alot of attention to the steelers st, o-line and secondary when the games count. i listen to certain people in the national media, but i like to do my own little analyst work to.

i just love football (esp. the nfl), it's my favorite sport. i watch as many games as i can.

accurate assessment the O line the Secondary ... and QB play in the 1st Month all suspect. I aint Pie in the Sky ... It is a MAN -UP Year for the Steelers. I can see them doing so and surprising everyone or getting agitated and slip-sliding to a losing season. LARGE margin of error with this years team ...lots of variables.

They let him go, then brought him back? To me, if he was any good, he would have been picked up by another team after he was let go, wouldn't he?

They let him go because of his payday in Arizona and Willie Gay played very well in the Nickel so they figured it was a natural replacement. Gay was then not ready for the starting job and they brought McFadden back for a song because he didn't fit the Arizona system. Pittsburgh doesn't over pay it's players. Period. It's the reason Randel El left and any number of Steeler players that went elsewhere for more money.

I had a fantasy football draft tonight so my attention wasn't really on the game. I'll probably skim it on my DVR tomorrow evening. I'm not worried about the Steelers tho and they sure as sh.it aren't finishing last in the division. It's also a PRESEASON game but most of you have acknowledged that fact.

But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

They let him go, then brought him back? To me, if he was any good, he would have been picked up by another team after he was let go, wouldn't he?

TRADE... Not Let go. Money move by Cardinals. So how was he to be "Picked up" by another interested team.

TRADE... Not Let go. Money move by Cardinals. So how was he to be "Picked up" by another interested team.

OK, since I don't follow the comings and goings of the Steelers (no BR pun intended) I don't know these fact. Someone else said he was "let go". I assumed that meant released.

But my question still stands. Why, after they let him go, were no other teams interested him enough to pick him up? I think it probably was good for the Steelers to get a guy back who was familiar with their system, but if nobody else wanted him how good can he be?

Gipper the Cards didnt let him go.... Looking for Salary relief . Wiz knew the Steelers would have interest TRADED.

Gipper the Cards didnt let him go.... Looking for Salary relief . Wiz knew the Steelers would have interest TRADED.

OK Sorry... i didnt see the last post... LOL ya he was Traded. He is an abover average CB. But considering not many elite CBs around anyway ... maybe inflated value. I am not sure yet.

Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

Additionally, Florio is posting on PFT that some other writer out of New York is saying that (god this sounds like "I heard it from my brothers friends cousins wife's mother-in-law's friend) the suspension for Ben will be reduced to 5 games, which means he will miss the Browns game.

VERY Possible. I was wondering... EVERYONE is thinking 4 0r 6 .. i was thinking last night why not 5 ?? Then Commish is still being TOUGH but not unwaivering,,, Hope I am wrong. We are gonna need Ben and a Healthy Game plan to Beat the Brownies. I just think The Browns are a team thats HUNGRY to stop being a Joke.

The Cardinals didn't let him go. They traded him to us after we shipped Santonio to New York.

And Florio is full of sh.it most of the time. I doubt it's only reduced one game but I guess we'll see.

Ok serious question for browns fans or any fans. Preseason really is hard to judge anything. During training camp our dfense seemed like it was getting better of our offense. Batted passes, ints ect... during the preaseson our offense looked good, all be it vrs vanilla defenses but our d looked horrible.

I have a feeling our offense isn't as good as they played while our d isn't as bad. At least I'm praying there not as bad as they looked.,,

I read a funny quote, it said the safest place to be was any qb playing the browns...

Our record this year will be 7 and 9

Ok serious question for browns fans or any fans. Preseason really is hard to judge anything. During training camp our dfense seemed like it was getting better of our offense. Batted passes, ints ect... during the preaseson our offense looked good, all be it vrs vanilla defenses but our d looked horrible.

I have a feeling our offense isn't as good as they played while our d isn't as bad. At least I'm praying there not as bad as they looked.,,

I read a funny quote, it said the safest place to be was any qb playing the browns...

Our record this year will be 7 and 9

This is why these preseason games are so irrelevent, really, in terms of judging how good a team is going to be. They are merely scrimmages designed to evaluate certain talent that is on the bubble....and to create revenue for the owners.

In reality, the league should have only 16 games plus 2 preseason games. But they don't want to give up the cash.

Archived