THE BROWNS BOARD

post your fantasy football team!

jrb12711

hey everyone, since I assume a lot of you guys are obsessed with fantasy football like i am it'd be fun to show off your "team" and discuss it some. I'll get the ball rolling. I always do three leagues but i'll post the most serious one that we actually put money on.

edit: i guess I can say this too. We do a snake draft, and I drafted 7th.

QB Philip Rivers,

RB Steven Jackson, StL RB

RB Ronnie Brown, Mia RB

RB/WR Arian Foster, Hou RB

WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D/ST 49ers D/ST, SF D/ST

K Matt Prater, Den K

Bench Santana Moss, Was WR

Bench Reggie Bush, NO RB

Bench Bernard Berrian, Min WR

Bench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

Bench Ben Roethlisberger*, Pit QB

Bench Donald Brown, Ind RB

Bench Chester Taylor, Chi RB

I love my bench in this league a lot. I think Berrian and Moss have potential to be really really solid this year, and as much as I hate rapistburger i got for an absolute steal for my backup QB.

My RB depth is only concern, but you can quote me now that arian foster will be the fantasy sleeper of the year. I'm almost guaranteeing he'll end being a top 10 fantasy RB, or I can hope. And if Ronnie stays healthy i like him too.

STARTERS:

QB Peyton Manning

RB DeAngelo Williams

RB Matt Forte

RB/WR CJ Spillar

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Mike Wallace

TE Brent Celek

D/ST Jets

K David Akers

BENCH:

WR Robert Meachem

QB Matt Ryan

WR Dez Bryant

TE Heath Miller

RB Lawrence Maroney

WR Terrell Owens

RB Steve Slaton

I have won every single year I have ever played. And i have no reason to believe I wont win this year.

fatherof3 in the brownsboard3 league, not to bad of a draft considering I missed the damn thing.

QB- Jay Cutler

BQB- Matt Hassellbeck

WR- Steve Smith"Panthers"

WR- Ocho Cinco

WR-Derrick Mason

WR-Devin Hester

WR-Jacoby Jones

WR-Lauert Robinson

TE- Toney Gonzalez

RB- Michael Turner

RB-Rashad Mendenhall

RB-Pierre Thomas

K- Nate Keading

Def- Minn, Tenn

How many teams per league for the guys that have posted? I'd say that's relevant to determine team strength. I'm usually in a 12 team league with college friends but I have a busy weekend this coming week and couldn't get out of my obligations no matter how far ahead I planned. I'll be missing that draft for the first time in 6 years :(

Anyway I did a very small league tonight with some friends and people I just met this evening. 8 team league. I would have preferred it be at least 10 but two people dropped out last minute. It's Points per reception and has a defense (I usually don't like leagues with defenses because of the discrepancies after the first few that are solid for fantasy) I also just found out about the league yesterday so I had to wing it.

QB: Kevin Kolb (I actually think he's slated for a big, big year, a few analysts agree)

WR: Randy Moss

WR: Roddy White

HB: Adrian Peterson

HB: Steven Jackson

TE: Dallas Clark

WR/HB: Steve Smith (Car)

Kicker: Bironas

DST: Green Bay

QB: Big Ben

WR: Derrick Mason

WR: Jeremy Maclin

WR: Hakeem Nicks

WR: Pierre Garcon

HB: Jonathan Stewart

HB: Clinton Portis

A couple of the guys were a little clueless soooo

I am in a dynasty league so I have some young guys with potential on my team that I am not expecting much from this year. We also carry 20 guys and DST doesn't count against out player cap. This is my roster as of now, but Ineed to cut 3 guys to get down to the cap.

QB Schuab

QB Tebow

RB Chris Johnson

RB Ced Benson

RB Jerome HArrison

RB Arian Foster

RB James Starks

RB Kareem Huggins

WR Steve Smith (Giants)

WR Marques Colston

WR Santonio Holmes

WR Julian Edleman

WR Devin Thomas

WR Brian Robiskie

WR Brandon LaFell

WR Dexter McCluster

TE Vernon Davis

TE Jermaine Gresham

DST Vikings

K Ryan Succop

K Dave Rayner

I also have Ben Tate, but he is on IR for the year so doesn't count against my player cap. I obviosuly need to pick up a back up QB which I will do during the season for Schaubs bye week, and a back up DST.

hey everyone, since I assume a lot of you guys are obsessed with fantasy football like i am it'd be fun to show off your "team" and discuss it some. I'll get the ball rolling. I always do three leagues but i'll post the most serious one that we actually put money on.

edit: i guess I can say this too. We do a snake draft, and I drafted 7th.

QB Philip Rivers,

RB Steven Jackson, StL RB

RB Ronnie Brown, Mia RB

RB/WR Arian Foster, Hou RB

WR Reggie Wayne, Ind WR

TE Antonio Gates, SD TE

D/ST 49ers D/ST, SF D/ST

K Matt Prater, Den K

Bench Santana Moss, Was WR

Bench Reggie Bush, NO RB

Bench Bernard Berrian, Min WR

Bench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WR

Bench Ben Roethlisberger*, Pit QB

Bench Donald Brown, Ind RB

Bench Chester Taylor, Chi RB

I love my bench in this league a lot. I think Berrian and Moss have potential to be really really solid this year, and as much as I hate rapistburger i got for an absolute steal for my backup QB.

My RB depth is only concern, but you can quote me now that arian foster will be the fantasy sleeper of the year. I'm almost guaranteeing he'll end being a top 10 fantasy RB, or I can hope. And if Ronnie stays healthy i like him too.

Your RB depth isn't bad. I also sincerely doubt Arian Foster is a top 10 running back but crazier things have happened. Slaton isn't dead so he'll definitely get some carries. I don't doubt he'll be solid, but top 10 is pretty bold considering the crop of RB's that are usually in the top ten.

Donald Brown should be nice, Reggie Bush is a question mark but he's always explosive and if your league is PPR he gets a boost. Chester Taylor should also get some work behind Forte.

Your RB depth isn't bad. I also sincerely doubt Arian Foster is a top 10 running back but crazier things have happened. Slaton isn't dead so he'll definitely get some carries. I don't doubt he'll be solid, but top 10 is pretty bold considering the crop of RB's that are usually in the top ten.

Donald Brown should be nice, Reggie Bush is a question mark but he's always explosive and if your league is PPR he gets a boost. Chester Taylor should also get some work behind Forte.

well, I actually did do a good bit of research on him before the draft. According to the things I saw, the Texans are just way way down on slaton. He'll get touches, but it's not going to be a dual backfield situation. The only reason I have good confidence is two things. One, andre johnson draws most of the attention as well as the pass game. Secondly, texans run that zone blocking scheme which with the right personell and coaching (which the Texans have) put up good RB numbers. I don't expect him to even crack the top 7 or 8, but i'm convinced he could end up at the 9-10 slot.

Also, my draft was a ten team league draft. QB's went way too early IMO (Brees went 4th, Rodgers before me at 6th), so even though Jackson plays for an awful team i considered him a steal at 7

well, I actually did do a good bit of research on him before the draft. According to the things I saw, the Texans are just way way down on slaton. He'll get touches, but it's not going to be a dual backfield situation. The only reason I have good confidence is two things. One, andre johnson draws most of the attention as well as the pass game. Secondly, texans run that zone blocking scheme which with the right personell and coaching (which the Texans have) put up good RB numbers. I don't expect him to even crack the top 7 or 8, but i'm convinced he could end up at the 9-10 slot.

Also, my draft was a ten team league draft. QB's went way too early IMO (Brees went 4th, Rodgers before me at 6th), so even though Jackson plays for an awful team i considered him a steal at 7

Foster will be solid but that is a very pass happy offense. I also know they are down on Slaton but with losing Tate for the year they aren't left with much else. I think Foster will be the top Texan back but how much is that saying? Foster is certainly worth a late round flyer but to peg him inside the top ten is pretty bold. Anything is possible but with your QB slinging the rock for almost 4800 yards last year they clearly aren't relying on the ground game.

I didnt draft this year yet but last year my team was god like

2009 roster: UNDEFEATED

QB: Matt Schaub

RB: Chris Johnson

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB/WR: Cedric Benson

WR: Andre Johnson

WR: Wes Welker

K: Ryan Longwell

DEF: Saints

Philip River

Brett Favre

Ricky Williams

Jerome Harrison

Roddy White

Miles Austin

Brent Celek

Nate Kaeding

49ers

If I am going to put together a Fantasy Football team, it is going to be a Lingerie Fantasy team. Let's see how this lineup works:

QB: Giselle Bundchen, of course

FB: Beyonce

HB: Halle Berry

TE: Kim Kardashian

WR: Jessica Alba

WR: Grace Park

OT: Salma Hayek

OT: Brook Burke

C: Heidi Klum

OG: Padma Lakshmi

OG: Jessica Biel

DE: Scarlett Johannsen

DT: Carrie Underwood

DT: Jessica Simpson (see those two playing next to each other?)

DE: Eva Mendes

OLB: Marisa Tomei

OLB: Teri Hatcher

MLB: Gabriella Reese

SS: Olivia Munn

FS: Erin Andrews

CB: Kate Beckinsale

CB: Megan Fox

P: Zooey Deschanel

K: Selma Blair

LS: Reese Witherspoon

KR: Venus Williams, because she looks like Josh Cribbs anyhow

Coach: Demi Moore

Philip River

Brett Favre

Ricky Williams

Jerome Harrison

Roddy White

Miles Austin

Brent Celek

Nate Kaeding

49ers

how on earth did you get AP, CJ and andre johnson? were you drafting in a 3 person league or with 10 year old's haha. i know CJ wasn't that high that last year but he was still an early 2nd round pick.

I'll post my better team

QB Brett Favre

RB Pierre Thomas

RB Chris Johnson

WR Roddy White

WR Mike Wallace

TE Jermichael Finley

Bench

QB Matt Ryan

RB Brandon Jacobs

WR Demaryius THomas

WR Devin Thomas

TE Anthony Fasano

K Garrett Hartley

K John Kasey

Def: Baltimore

QB-Brett Favre

RB-Frank Gore

RB-Shonn Greene

WR-Miles Austin

WR-Steve Smith (CAR)

WR-Wes Welker

TE-Jermichael Finley

K-Rob Bironas

DST-Pittsburgh, Philadelphia

BN-Arian Foster

BN-Michael Bush

BN-Ahmad Bradshaw

BN-Malcolm Floyd

BN-Robert Meachum

So far only one roster to post.....my two start from scratch leagues haven't selected yet.

In my keeper league

QB.s

P. Manning

Matt Stafford

Vince Young

Chad Henne

Tim Tebow

RB's

Steven Jackson

Knowshon Moreno

Ryan Matthews

LaDanian Tomlinson

Peyton Hillis

(Correl Buckhalter)

(Chris Ogbonnaya)

(handcuffs to 2 of my starters, Jackson and Moreno)

Matthews was my first selection.

WR

Lee Evans

Dexter McCluster

Malcom Floyd

Hines Ward

Johnny Knox

Golder Tate

Hakeem Nicks

Brandon LaFell

Anthony Gonzalez

TE

Todd Heap

Heath Miller

Ben Watson

Jermaine Gresham

K

Dan Carpenter

Lawrence Tynes

DST

Packers

Pats

Bears

30 roster spots....17 are keepers year to year...you start 2 qbs, 3 rbs, 4 wr's, 2 TE's, 2 kickers, 2 DST.

I like keeper leagues. You are thinking here and now as well as future value.

Philip River

Brett Favre

Ricky Williams

Jerome Harrison

Roddy White

Miles Austin

Brent Celek

Nate Kaeding

49ers

How many people in this league have severe down syndrome? Peterson and Chris Johnson are consensus one and two in every league and every format. I could see taking Peterson a 3 in a PPR league but otherwise 1 and 2 end of story. Andre Johnson is also a fringe top 5 selection depending on format but a definite first round pick. The fact that you have all 3 indicates you either in a league by yourself or the rest of it's membership would rather try stuffing a square peg in a round hole for 5 hours.

EDIT: AND Roddy White who goes in the 2nd round consistently in just about every mock I've seen this year. Who was the first pick in this draft? Let me guess Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? lol

how on earth did you get AP, CJ and andre johnson? were you drafting in a 3 person league or with 10 year old's haha. i know CJ wasn't that high that last year but he was still an early 2nd round pick.

I ended up getting ap in the 1st, cj in the 2nd, johnson in the 3rd, schaub 4th and welker 5th, i got Jerome Harrison Miles Austin Brent Celek Nate Kaeding 49ers in free agency, and I traded matt forte and someone for roddy white

How many people in this league have severe down syndrome? Peterson and Chris Johnson are consensus one and two in every league and every format. I could see taking Peterson a 3 in a PPR league but otherwise 1 and 2 end of story. Andre Johnson is also a fringe top 5 selection depending on format but a definite first round pick. The fact that you have all 3 indicates you either in a league by yourself or the rest of it's membership would rather try stuffing a square peg in a round hole for 5 hours.

EDIT: AND Roddy White who goes in the 2nd round consistently in just about every mock I've seen this year. Who was the first pick in this draft? Let me guess Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? lol

keep in mind it was 2009 so that year turner and gore and jackson and lt were way ahead of cj. It was a 10 person league and besides some idiot taking roethlisberger in the first, everyone else fell roughly where they were projected to

I agree. I looks like it is a league for Retards...no insult to the owner intended....at least he knew who to take.

Was this a good trade?

Adrian Peterson and TJ Houzmanzadah

for

Chris Johnson

(I get Johnson

Fvck no. Adrian Peterson should put up comparable points. All you're doing is throwing in a receiver for free.

Peterson will fumble more than Johnson though.

Do you get negative points for fumbles? He had 7 fumbles last year during the regular season. Fantasy football championships usually happen in weeks 14-17 for fantasy football depending on the league. Adrian Peterson still puts up monster numbers and as I said above in one of my posts is the consensus number 2 pick in just about every league and the difference is minimal. Trading AD and Housh for Chris Johnson is just handing the CJ owner a solid fantasy receiver for free. CJ and AD production will be very similar and don't be surprised to see Peterson put up more points.

I just jumped in this league ... see you sept 8 at 7!

Awesome ... we now have 11 ... one more opening...

Skippy? Nah, he's too much of a pussy to play.

Who's got the stones to step up and grab the last spot?

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/brownsboard4

League ID: 328103

Password: Beer

Zombo

I like that CJ for AP and houshmazdah

Housh shouldnt even be in your starting line-up and CJ> AP

Good trade. fill in your open roster spot with a september hot starter off of FA's...

It's not a good trade no matter how you shake it. Housh will still be a solid WR in all formats. Justin Forsett should burst on to the scene out there and they have Leon Washington. All of which leads to a bolstered run game something they haven't really had since Alexander was run out of town. Hasselbeck appears healthy and they added Golden Tate in the draft. Housh will have someone opposite him to take some of the heat which will lead to more targets and ultimately more completions. I'm not saying Housh will be a fantasy monster but he'll be solid. The difference between Peterson and CJ is going to be minimal so no I wouldn't have made that trade and there is a reason the other guy did.

Tony Romo

(Dal - QB)

Reggie Wayne

(Ind - WR)

Dwayne Bowe

(KC - WR)

Jeremy Maclin

(Phi - WR)

Maurice Jones-Drew

(Jac - RB)

Shonn Greene

(NYJ - RB)