THE BROWNS BOARD

Possible penalty for Suh

playerjdd

For those of you that didnt see it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-suhpenalty

BEREA, Ohio (AP)—The Browns expect the NFL to review the play in which Detroit Lions rookie Ndamukong Suh(notes) grabbed quarterback Jake Delhomme’s(notes) facemask and violently flung him to the ground.

In the second quarter of Saturday’s exhibition game, Suh grabbed Delhomme by the face mask, twisted it, threw both arms around the QB’s head and spun him to the ground. Suh was assessed a 15-yard penalty for the infraction, which seemed severe enough to warrant an ejection.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said Monday that he will ask the league to investigate the play, but he assumed it would do so anyway.

Mangini does not believe there was any malice on the part of the No. 2 overall draft pick, and Delhomme said he would leave it up to the league to decide whether a suspension or fine is warranted.

I was watching pti on espn and the two ***holes said that they liked the play, are you kidding? So it's ok for suh to potentially paralyze another human? The play was a disgrace to the game, he clearly had no control over himself. I may not believe in god but I do believe in karma, I don't hope suh gets hurt but he needs a wake up call to what could have happened. Sorenson's injury was scary enough, I don't mind a late hit but suh's actions were ridiculous

He didn't make much of an impact on the game. I think he was frustrated because of it. I hope they suspend him for a few games and fine the shit out of him. xxxxing rookie.

good point. suh was probably getting manhandled all game long then tried to take out his frustrations on jake. i hope they fine him and suspend his ass to.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

If the shoe was on the other foot and it was our player that did this I would still be calling for a suspension. This isn't prison rules!!! I would be surprised to not see a suspension since the nfl is so big on protecting the Qb. If they do nothing then there is something really wrong.

BUT the NFL is never on the Browns side! If it were Roethlisburger, Brady, or a Manning I wouldn't be surprised to see a full year suspension haha

BUT the NFL is never on the Browns side! If it were Roethlisburger, Brady, or a Manning I wouldn't be surprised to see a full year suspension haha

Seriously. I think you may be Retarded. Now for the real reason I entered this thread. I was going to come in here having not seen the play and discuss the "pussification" of the NFL. A lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties recently since the league started cracking down are shameful. Football is a full contact sport that can and often does get violent and the efforts to completely protect the QB's is bordering the ridiculous on certain fronts. I'm all for protecting the players but there is a line and some of the calls are flat out bad. However before entering this thread I sought out the specific incident being discussed and all I can say is WOW. He'll be getting a fine and I think he should be suspended. As others have said I don't care who the QB is, not only does he maul his face mask but then he proceeds to swing him around like he weighs 40 pounds by that same face mask. You're ASKING for some sort of serious injury and I'm no doctor but that had potential to be pretty nasty if his neck does the wrong way.

wlcdbl.gif

Totally heinous. Deserves a huge fine and some sort of suspension but I guess we'll find out.

Seriously. I think you may be Retarded. Now for the real reason I entered this thread. I was going to come in here having not seen the play and discuss the "pussification" of the NFL. A lot of the unnecessary roughness penalties recently since the league started cracking down are shameful. Football is a full contact sport that can and often does get violent and the efforts to completely protect the QB's is bordering the ridiculous on certain fronts. I'm all for protecting the players but there is a line and some of the calls are flat out bad. However before entering this thread I sought out the specific incident being discussed and all I can say is WOW. He'll be getting a fine and I think he should be suspended. As others have said I don't care who the QB is, not only does he maul his face mask but then he proceeds to swing him around like he weighs 40 pounds by that same face mask. You're ASKING for some sort of serious injury and I'm no doctor but that had potential to be pretty nasty if his neck does the wrong way.

wlcdbl.gif

Totally heinous. Deserves a huge fine and some sort of suspension but I guess we'll find out.

Absolutely should be suspended and fined heavily. For them to play this off as football is ludicrous. It was ridiculous.

In my opinion, you don't give up on the tackle until the guy is on the ground.

However, Delhomme was on the ground before Suh ripped him over into a bodyslam, so he put a little something extra on the end of it that was totally unnecessary.

I don't think he needs to be suspended, but he is certainly due for a big fine (a drop in the bucket to his enormous salary).

Archived