THE BROWNS BOARD

Bobby Engram

ATENEARS

Engram made a case for himself and allen blew it, mangini has got to be scratching his head and pulling his hair out..do you keep the old vet thats lost 2 steps but keeps showing up or do you keep the young guy that looks gifted but raw and hasnt yet took a step...

We are in a rebuild and personally im for making the youth step up and answer the call for tomorrow today as opposed to trading tomorrow's potential golden gems off for a fading bitter vet whom in many cases will only add some marginal stability today..

So many made a legit case for themselves last night but at least some of those that are cut will leave with some good film..

At this point after observing many bubble and 3rd string QBs this preseason ive had a change of mind about ratty i hope we keep him, he is a very good 3rd QB if something happened to jake and seneca we would be far better off with ratty under center than mccoy or most any other 3rd string qb in the league, he is loyal and tries to do what he is asked and he isnt a whiny little biatch about it but a good soldier..

Engram made a case for himself and allen blew it, mangini has got to be scratching his head and pulling his hair out..do you keep the old vet thats lost 2 steps but keeps showing up or do you keep the young guy that looks gifted but raw and hasnt yet took a step...

We are in a rebuild and personally im for making the youth step up and answer the call for tomorrow today as opposed to trading tomorrow's potential golden gems off for a fading bitter vet whom in many cases will only add some marginal stability today..

So many made a legit case for themselves last night but at least some of those that are cut will leave with some good film..

At this point ive had a change of mind about ratty i hope we keep him, he is a very good 3rd QB if something happened to jake and seneca we would be far better off with ratty under center than mccoy or most any other 3rd string qb in the league, he is loyal and tries to do what he is asked and he isnt a whiny little biatch about it but a good soldier..

I was really hoping that Jake Allen would make it. My son played football with him at Mississippi College. Engram is probably a keeper. He and Stuckey are the only real veteren influences we have at WR. Ratcliff is as good as gone IMO. There is just no spot for him on this team. I have no doubt he will be picked up quickly by another team though.

Always a tough call to make in terms of keeping a youngster over someone you KNOW can make a difference, like Engram proved last night. I suppose for the Browns it is a case of two things.....figuring how far you are from competing and to what sort of value do you hold on Jake Allen.

Personally, i thought last night was about showcasing Engram for potential teams who could use a vet wideout versus us actually keeping him.

Ratliff also has to me, shown nice composure as a 3rd string QB. He's played a heck of a lot better than last year and ironically, might be cut! It is tough to keep around 4 qb's when you can use another guy on special teams.....

Archived