THE BROWNS BOARD

CUTS

NewEraDawg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
and RB is just Harrison and Davis? FB Vickers and Hillis? We kept Robert Royal Alex Smith Ben Watson AND Evan Moore?

Well, with Hillis versatility, that's what I figured they would do. You can always pick up a Chris Jennings if one of the backs go down.

I'm a little surprised by four tight ends, but Mangini is a tight end guy.

Zombo

Most likely Geathers,Asante, and UFA DE Sanford who played well will be brought back to the practice squad. All three showed potential but need a little time to develop.Jennings might get claimed ..Here's a good one everyone for you Obsessed Browns fans..hahaha..Pick the practice squad?

and RB is just Harrison and Davis? FB Vickers and Hillis? We kept Robert Royal Alex Smith Ben Watson AND Evan Moore?

Hillis is a RB not FB, teams rarely keep more than one FB + 3-4 RB. We are right at the norm.

Just what we need, another buckeye that will do nothing but warm the bench. He can sit right next to #80.

I thought #80 was going to be a starter?

Or, perhaps you think that because Kent State had 3 players make the Pro Bowl last year (Cribbs, Gates, Harrison) and OSU only had one (Mangold) that KSU has the better program than OSU?

I understand cutting Brandon McDonald, and Brett Ratliffe, but why did we keep 12 LBs? I heard more changes are coming, so they'd better have something up their sleeve! Why did they keep Robert Royal, when we have 3 other TEs? Furthermore, how is it that Engram got cut, and we still have Stuckey?

I thought #80 was going to be a starter?

Or, perhaps you think that because Kent State had 3 players make the Pro Bowl last year (Cribbs, Gates, Harrison) and OSU only had one (Mangold) that KSU has the better program than OSU?

Kent and OSU are both crap. Robiskie is overrated and you people wouldn't even care about him but he is from the almighty OSU. I'm surprised you guys don't Clarett to sign with the Browns and Mangini fired so that guy in the stupid sweatervest can coach the Browns.

Go Zips...but this week I say GO CANES!

Kent and OSU are both crap. Robiskie is overrated and you people wouldn't even care about him but he is from the almighty OSU. I'm surprised you guys don't Clarett to sign with the Browns and Mangini fired so that guy in the stupid sweatervest can coach the Browns.

Easy on Robiskie. I'm no OSU fan, but I think he's going to be the real deal. He's my "most likely to breakthrough" player this year.

Zombo

Easy on Robiskie. I'm no OSU fan, but I think he's going to be the real deal. He's my "most likely to breakthrough" player this year.

Zombo

How? he only had 7 catches all last year, not really anything special if you ask me. Because "people" said he had a good camp this year? well so did #31 and he's "most likely to break" not breakthrough. I would like to see us have someone other than MoMass, but we don't and it angers me that this entire off-season we didn't even make an attempt to bring in a legitimate WR to be #2.

How? he only had 7 catches all last year, not really anything special if you ask me. Because "people" said he had a good camp this year? well so did #31 and he's "most likely to break" not breakthrough. I would like to see us have someone other than MoMass, but we don't and it angers me that this entire off-season we didn't even make an attempt to bring in a legitimate WR to be #2.

Dude, chill out. There were almost no good veteran WR options. We picked up Engram, and Robiskie beat him out. Why, after all accounts, our young WR's had a good training camp and preseason, would you last minute bench one to pick up a Veteran that may or may not have anything left, and may or may not end up being a locker room cancer. Go with what you know, rather than the what if you don't. That's sound advice.

I wouldn't be surprised if we showed private interest in Vincent Jackson, but the asking price of the Chargers was too high and Jackson wanted too much cake.

Terrell Owens was not a good option for this team for obvious reasons.

Housh was not available until after the last preseason game. That's not when you bring in a Vet unless you think he will help you win the Superbowl.

Your crying right now is simply based off your OSU Hate. Nothing more.

As for Hardesty... he didn't participate in camp. Players are different. You can't cut Robiskie because Hardesty broke. That's just idiocy.

If Robiskie and MoMass perform like the possession WRs they should be and not worry about YAC the offense will be just fine. I am worried about them getting separation/release though... will be a long year if they get muscled around by lil CBs.

As is, our WR's don't concern any team in our divison. I really try to remain positve but with no threats with our WR's, teams are going to "load the box" possibly shutting down the running game and make

Jakes life a living hell on Sundays. There has to be a rational strategy behind why the Browns haven't addressed WR issues. I sure can't figure it out.

As is, our WR's don't concern any team in our divison. I really try to remain positve but with no threats with our WR's, teams are going to "load the box" possibly shutting down the running game and make

Jakes life a living hell on Sundays. There has to be a rational strategy behind why the Browns haven't addressed WR issues. I sure can't figure it out.

Two reasons...

1. They felt what they had was better than what they could get in the Veteran free agent market.

2. They are using the New England model. If you recall early in the year, Mangini stated that New England started a season that they ended up winning the Super Bowl in, with a very underestimated receiving corps. They had what he termed a bunch of 3's and 4's. He says that he sees the parallels in Cleveland right now.

Lets see how the season plays out, before we play chicken little.

Go Zips...but this week I say GO CANES!

Look, I went to Akron U. But as far as you rooting against the Buckeyes, I say: get the xxxx of Ohio and go to school in Florida.

Archived