THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Predictions

Zombo

The Great Zomboni Ranks the Teams from 1-32:

1. New Orleans Saints. No reason to think they just won’t outscore everybody again

2. Green Bay Packers. Exciting and talented team on both sides of the ball

3. New England. I think mastermind Belichick is going to have his D amped up again

4. Dallas Cowboys. They look poised and talented, tough out for NO and GB.

5. Indianapolis Colts. Peyton’s a god, but they will get a serious challenge from within division

6. Atlanta Falcons. I really like this team, they can run, pass, and blitz with the best.

7. Houston Texans. They are for real and loaded for bear. Or colt.

8. Tennessee Titans. Gonna be tough to stop CJ and VY and then deal with a Fischer D

9. San Diego Chargers. Phillip Rivers may be my favorite QB, but they still have holes

10. Cleveland Browns. Aggressive defense + kickass offensive line = surprise team of the year

11. Baltimore Ravens. Finally figured out offense in time for defense to fade

12. Arizona Cardinals. Still the toast of a weak division

13. Minnesota Vikings. I think the injury bug holds them back this year

14. Washington Redskins. Will have a revival year behind Mcnabb/Shanahan

15. Miami Dolphins. Typical tough Parcels/Sparono team

16. Philadelphia Eagles. Will struggle early with Kolb, but Reid always fields a good team

17. New York Giants. Honestly, I can’t figure out this team, so I stuck them in the middle

18. Oakland Raiders. All jokes aside, I see plenty of talent and depth

19. Cincinnati Bengals. Win some, lose some … but the soap opera will be great

20. New York Jets. Don’t see what all the fuss is about … especially without Revis

21. San Francisco 49ers. Love their coach, don’t trust their QB

22. Chicago Bears. Could surprise, but I think the smart money has them sputtering again

23. Seattle Seahawks. I like Hasslebeck, but doesn’t have the toys to play with that he used to have

24. Denver Broncos. They will start off slow, then it’ll be all about Tebow

25. Pittsburgh Steelers. They’ll be 1-3 when Ben comes back, and then it’s just a lost year

26. Jacksonville Jaguars. Team has just enough talent to get Del Rio fired

27. Detroit Lions. Slow and steady climb … next year is the year for the big move

28. Kansas City Chiefs. They are just a vanilla team to me right now

29. Carolina Panthers. Matt Moore gets John Fox fired

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They’re trying … but it ain’t working

31. St. Louis Rams. Keep Bradford in one piece and the future could be bright

32. Buffalo Bills. They got nothing.

The Great Zomboni Predicts the Season:

AFC East

New England 12-4

Miami 9-7

NY Jets 7-9

Buffalo Bills 2-14

AFC North

Cleveland 10-6

Baltimore 10-6

Cincinnati 8-8

Pittsburgh 5-11

AFC South

Indianapolis 11-5

Houston 10-6*

Tennessee 10-6*

Jacksonville 5-11

AFC West

San Diego 10-6

Oakland 8-8

Denver 6-10

Kansas City 4-12

NFC East

Dallas 12-4

Washington 9-7

Philadelphia 8-8

NY Giants 8-8

NFC North

Green Bay 13-3

Minnesota 9-7*

Chicago 7-9

Detroit 5-11

NFC South

New Orleans 13-3

Atlanta 11-5*

Carolina 4-12

Tampa Bay 4-12

NFC West

Arizona 10-6

San Francisco 7-9

Seattle 6-10

St. Louis 3-13

AFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

Tennessee over San Diego

Cleveland over Houston

Divisional Round

New England over Tennessee

Indy over Cleveland

AFC Championship

New England over Indianapolis

NFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

Dallas over Minnesota

Atlanta over Arizona

Divisional Round

New Orleans over Atlanta

Green Bay over Dallas

NFC Championship

New Orleans over Green Bay

SUPER BOWL

New Orleans Saints 37 New England Patriots 30

The Great Zomboni Ranks the Teams from 1-32:

1. New Orleans Saints. No reason to think they just won’t outscore everybody again

2. Green Bay Packers. Exciting and talented team on both sides of the ball

3. New England. I think mastermind Belichick is going to have his D amped up again

4. Dallas Cowboys. They look poised and talented, tough out for NO and GB.

5. Indianapolis Colts. Peyton’s a god, but they will get a serious challenge from within division

6. Atlanta Falcons. I really like this team, they can run, pass, and blitz with the best.

7. Houston Texans. They are for real and loaded for bear. Or colt.

8. Tennessee Titans. Gonna be tough to stop CJ and VY and then deal with a Fischer D

9. San Diego Chargers. Phillip Rivers may be my favorite QB, but they still have holes

10. Cleveland Browns. Aggressive defense + kickass offensive line = surprise team of the year

11. Baltimore Ravens. Finally figured out offense in time for defense to fade

12. Arizona Cardinals. Still the toast of a weak division

13. Minnesota Vikings. I think the injury bug holds them back this year

14. Washington Redskins. Will have a revival year behind Mcnabb/Shanahan

15. Miami Dolphins. Typical tough Parcels/Sparono team

16. Philadelphia Eagles. Will struggle early with Kolb, but Reid always fields a good team

17. New York Giants. Honestly, I can’t figure out this team, so I stuck them in the middle

18. Oakland Raiders. All jokes aside, I see plenty of talent and depth

19. Cincinnati Bengals. Win some, lose some … but the soap opera will be great

20. New York Jets. Don’t see what all the fuss is about … especially without Revis

21. San Francisco 49ers. Love their coach, don’t trust their QB

22. Chicago Bears. Could surprise, but I think the smart money has them sputtering again

23. Seattle Seahawks. I like Hasslebeck, but doesn’t have the toys to play with that he used to have

24. Denver Broncos. They will start off slow, then it’ll be all about Tebow

25. Pittsburgh Steelers. They’ll be 1-3 when Ben comes back, and then it’s just a lost year

26. Jacksonville Jaguars. Team has just enough talent to get Del Rio fired

27. Detroit Lions. Slow and steady climb … next year is the year is the big move

28. Kansas City Chiefs. They are just a vanilla team to me right now

29. Carolina Panthers. Matt Moore gets John Fox fired

30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They’re trying … but it ain’t working

31. St. Louis Rams. Keep Bradford in one piece and the future could be bright

32. Buffalo Bills. They got nothing.

The Great Zomboni Predicts the Season:

AFC East

New England 12-4

Miami 9-7

NY Jets 7-9

Buffalo Bills 2-14

AFC North

Cleveland 10-6

Baltimore 10-6

Cincinnati 8-8

Pittsburgh 5-11

AFC South

Indianapolis 11-5

Houston 10-6*

Tennessee 10-6*

Jacksonville 5-11

AFC West

San Diego 10-6

Oakland 8-8

Denver 6-10

Kansas City 4-12

NFC East

Dallas 12-4

Washington 9-7

Philadelphia 8-8

NY Giants 8-8

NFC North

Green Bay 13-3

Minnesota 9-7*

Chicago 7-9

Detroit 5-11

NFC South

New Orleans 13-3

Atlanta 11-5*

Carolina 4-12

Tampa Bay 4-12

NFC West

Arizona 10-6

San Francisco 7-9

Seattle 6-10

St. Louis 3-13

AFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

Tennessee over San Diego

Cleveland over Houston

Divisional Round

New England over Tennessee

Indy over Cleveland

AFC Championship

New England over Indianapolis

NFC Playoffs

Wild Card Round

Dallas over Minnesota

Atlanta over Arizona

Divisional Round

New Orleans over Atlanta

Green Bay over Dallas

NFC Championship

New Orleans over Green Bay

SUPER BOWL

New Orleans Saints 37 New England Patriots 30

Interesting stuff...I happen to agree about your take on the Jets, too much hype there.

The Bills have CJ Spiller, which is exciting for them...I think the 49ers might be the surprise of the NFC....hope you are right about the Browns!!!!! We are waaaaay overdue.

DA, it is sickening. He is not a Brown anymore, so biasing towards the Cardinals now. You must be Lumbergh, I knew one of you tools was him all along.

You want to turn this into a DA thread. Oh I see. There's another thread about that. I said my piece. I'm done.

He wasn't mentioned in this thread. The Cardinals have a good football team.

I don't need a stalker, Mikey. Either join the discussion, comment in the DA thread or head to the Homo Board.

Zombo

Nice work, Zombo !

The NFC East looks impossible to predict, though...

And I say the Browns would win over the Colts in the playoffs. As long as our cb's are healthy that is....

Ah, it's not about him, not really sure what other reason you would consider the Arizona Cardinals a front runner for the playoffs in a division with a solid 49ers and potential sleeper Seahawk team.

In that case you're just a little dumb, instead of in love with him. I can forgive you for that.

As for the Bengals being, 19 or whatever asinine position you put them in.. Are we watching the same sport?

Just curious here, starting to get confused.

Well, Mikey, I'm not as excited about the 49ers as others are. I really don't like their quarterback and I think their defense is mediocre. I could be wrong, everyone has an opinion.

As for the Bengals, they haven't put two good seasons together since the first Bush was president, so I don't have a lot of faith in them. I don't think they are going to have much of a running game and I'm not impressed that they add an old prima donna to their receiving corps.

Again, those are my opinions. I'll be impressed if you can come back with a Big Boy post without saying "dumb", "assinine", "drivel", etc.

Zombo

I guess I'm just stuck on Vernon Davis and Gore. The quarterback is secondary on that team, IMO, ala Trent Dilfer and the SB Champ Ravens. I think Smith can get it done, short outs to Ginn in space on effective PA passing after Gore pounds it down people's throats (pending his upcoming injury stay tuned). I think with Coffee splitting carries I'd feel more confident in them but I like their coaching and defense... The defense is what I've been watching a lot when I see them play. Kurt Warner had serious issues playing the 49ers the past two years, so did Cutler last year (he had trouble with alot of defenses).. From everything I've seen and heard they are looking really solid and I think they will take their division because of the D and running game. Crabtree, Davis, Morgan and Ginn aren't slouches either it just remains to be seen, like you think, whether Alex Smith can be the guy or not.

As for the Bungles, I hope they falter but they have made some pretty positive additions to a team that went to the playoffs last year. They have an excellent RB in Cedric Benson who ran all over people last year. Adding T.O. to the mix will be for flash but he's still solid and a combo between him and Chad is going to put up big numbers... Gresham, TO, Ocho, Caldwell, Shipley... Bernard Scott is a great change of pace back too. Their defense is a top 10 D.

I don't see alot of these teams in the light you do. We'll see what happens... I hope to god that the Browns finish 10th, that'd be a good story and start for Holmgren... maybe even keeps Mangini around which I', all about.

Good post ... I'm not a Ced Benson fan, I think he's limited. You could very well be right about the 49ers ... I want to like them, but when I see a team that hasn't done much yet get a lot of love, I get cautious. I even picked Crabtree to start on my fantasy team ... I just think the guy getting the ball to him is middling at best. I compare them to Cardinals, and, even taking the Cards shakey QB situation in mind, I like Beanie Wells, Fitzgerald and the team speed of the Cardinals. The Seahawks are probably a year away from breaking through with the new staff.

Zombo

hey everyone, new to the board and a diehard browns backer. i really think having a vetern qb that has had sucess like jake is exactly what we needed on our squad. i just see a whole different type of offense with confidence something we've been lacking for way too long. i like your outlook for the browns zambo, i can see them getting ten wins. i think it all hinges on the D though. if rex can keep em playin solid and we avoid the injury bug i think we will have a very exiting season ahead of us.

hey everyone, new to the board and a diehard browns backer. i really think having a vetern qb that has had sucess like jake is exactly what we needed on our squad. i just see a whole different type of offense with confidence something we've been lacking for way too long. i like your outlook for the browns zambo, i can see them getting ten wins. i think it all hinges on the D though. if rex can keep em playin solid and we avoid the injury bug i think we will have a very exiting season ahead of us.

Welcome aboard killerb4!

For the Browns to get 10 wins it is going to have to come down to the simple 'Run and stop the Run' staple. I like the way we played the final quarter in at least two of them preseason games. We made the stop necessary, held the ball last, and rode Phil Dawson's leg. If we can win in the trenches and keep the games under control, I like the way this team seemed to find a way to win. That is a scheme and character in itself that we've never had in the new era.

Archived