THE BROWNS BOARD

Players added after final cuts

CLEVELandMILIDH

CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

Who'd we cut to get him?

CB Quincy Butler was added to the secondary. He was released bye the Rams yesterday, played in 14 games starting in 7 of them in 2009. He racked up 28 tackle's and 5 passes defensed. He's 6'1", 26 yrs. old and was an undrafted free agent in 06

I can't find any info on this pick up or anyone elses pick ups today. What's your source?

both daryl ruiter of wknr and nate ulrich of the abj have tweeted that heckert has said this isn't true. abe elam tweeted this info, but heckert is denying it.

#Browns GM Tom Heckert said team has not picked up CB Quincy Butler, despite Abram Elam's message on Twitter earlier today. #NFL 5 minutes ago reply

RuiterWrong‎: Heckert denies Abe Elams tweet they got CB Quincy Butler - "that was erroneous"

Twitter - 490

8 minutes ago

Exactly why do people take these players 'TWEETS' so seriously? Why is this shit aired out in public anyhow? Wouldn't these guys have a 'personal' Twitter account to socialize with best buds (aka: trusted friends & family) AND a 'professional' one to say the right things, promote themselfs, and use as a positive media outlet?

I don't know any corporate executives using their professional company public forums to air out personal laundry.

Elam's thing ain't that bad or personal, but I just cringe with every article arriving from some players twitter account. Could you imagine a high ranking official in your place of business having to release a statement to the media to counter your freaking 'Tweet'?

sticky gay. STFU, play football and get your name mentioned on Sundays.

Browns signed DB Larry Asante, OL Paul Fanaika, DL Travis Ivey, OL Pat Murray, DL Brian Sanford and DB DeAngelo Smith to the practice squad.

I figured Asante would either be kept around or we would hear he was a real space cadet in the class room. Rough NFL ride for DeAngelo, poor guys been on a yoyo for two years.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the knock on Asante that he not necessarily took plays off from laziness, but took plays off mentally and could be caught in La-La land?

The guy can lay a hit, but also draws a share of penalties for his hits (which I don't mind if it sends a message to opposing WR's).

I read somewhere that he's been claimed by Miami.

I hope that's not the case.

Damn I am glad we got Asante back, he will be probably starting here next year. Has anyone heard anything on Geathers?

nfl transaction report he is in Miami

I sure wish we could sign Nathan Vasher (Chargers) for CB strength and Darryl Stokely (Denver) to give us more strength at receiver. He is a great slot man.

Please tell me you mean Brandon Stokely.

Asante isnt to far from catching elam, he just needs more experience positioning himself..he is more aggressive ,he hits harder,pursues and tackles better doesnt look much faster though not a good looking FS prospect imo...
i agree Gips, like Abe he's a better SS prospect...which is why TJ was drafted lol.

hopefully his move to PS is just the natural progression of young guys learning the pro game. once it slows down for him and his instincts speed up his reactions, i predict he'll quickly put Elam on the bench>>waaaaaaaay higher ceiling too.

Abe is decent, more of a back-up imo tho. we need to improve there so i'm counting on Asante.

Browns added RB Andre Anderson to practice squad, after being cut by the Bills.

College highlights

The injury-riddled Denver Broncos were awarded running back Andre Brown(notes) of the New York Giants and offensive lineman Chris Clark(notes) of the Minnesota Vikings off waivers on Sunday.

From : http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncosmoves

Jordan Norwood could be signed, he's in Cleveland. We signed him last year as a UDFA, but he was let go to get to 53.

Good call..............was added to the practice squad

http://www.nfl.com/players/jordannorwood/p...le?id=NOR783179

Browns sign Norwood, Anderson to practice squad The National Football Post 1 hour, 13 minutes ago

The Cleveland Browns signed wide receiver Jordan Norwood and running back Andre Anderson to the practice squad.

Norwood rejoins the Browns after signing as an undrafted free agent in May of last year. He was cut before last season and spent 13 weeks on Philadelphia’s practice squad last year.

He appeared in one game as a member of the active roster. In four years at Penn State, Norwood recorded 185 career receptions for 2,015 yards and 13 touchdowns.

Anderson signed with Oakland as an undrafted free agent in April and also spent time with Buffalo before being waived. He registered 1,966 career rushing yards and 17 touchdowns at Tulane.

Archived