THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Labor Day Week

The Gipper

Here are this week's survey questions:

1. Who was the best NFL player to have come from your college or university. If you did not attend choose the school of your nearest relative who did.

2. Who will be the NFL MVP this year?

3. What is your next vacation destination?

4. The Browns will be playing against Kellen Winslow II for the first time since they traded him. How do you think he will do against the Browns or how will the Browns do against him?

5. This is Labor Day week. Have you ever known anyone whose labor's have been able to come to an end by winning the lottery? By this I mean big, big money. Millions at least?

My answers:

1. Who was the best NFL player to have come from your college or university. If you did not attend choose the school of your nearest relative who did.

I went to Akron U and the best player from there in history is Jason Taylor. Possibly a Hall of Famer. My law school was CSU, which has no football program.

2. Who will be the NFL MVP this year? It would be easy to say Brees or Manning but I think I will go in a different direction: Adrian Peterson of the Vikings.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. In November

4. The Browns will be playing against Kellen Winslow II for the first time since they traded him. How do you think he will do against the Browns or how will the Browns do against him?

During this preseason the Browns have shown a propensity for showing poor coverage of the other team's tight ends. Thus, a motivated K2 is likely to have a pretty good game against the Browns, though I anticipate the Browns having a better game against their defense.

5. This is Labor Day week. Have you ever known anyone whose labor's have been able to come to an end by winning the lottery? By this I mean big, big money. Millions at least?

Yes, in fact I can think of 5 people that I was somewhat acquainted with that have won at least 3 mill. or more. Initials of K, S, L, W, and P.(no names please). None of them close enough to me to do me any good. Also, most of these were under the old Ohio Lottery, before they started with the Mega and Power Ball games.

coach, don shula. player, london fletcher (the john carroll university).

aaron rogers

honeymoon in january. not sure where though.

i think that he will have a few receptions for 50 or so yards. maybe a td.

one of my student's grandparents. that's the closest.

University of LOuisville. My uncle went to school wih the great Johnny U

Brady

FLA Panhandle

Kellen is scared.. He won't play in the second half

helldano

1. Take your pick of players from Virginia Tech (my son's alma mater), University of SC or Harvard (the other son). I'm pretty sure none of the schools I attended had football teams of note.

2. Jake Delhomme.

3. Current plan is NYC but that's still up in the air.

4. Kellen will be himself and we won't notice his impact against the Browns until he fumbles.

5. Nope.

Ron Jaworski

Peyton Manning

Myrtle

2-10 0 TD's, 1 " I'ma soldier!!"

Nope

Well, this is easy. Josh Cribbs/Antonio Gates/James Harrison (Kent State) Coaches would be Nick Saban and Lou Holtz

Matt Schaub

Florida in the winter/spring

He will be looking for revenge but wont find any because Josh Freeman still isnt good. We have had trouble covering TE in the preseason however, so it will be an interesting matchup.

Nope. Hopefully thats a sign that I will win it soon.

1. Take your pick of players from Virginia Tech (my son's alma mater), University of SC or Harvard (the other son). I'm pretty sure none of the schools I attended had football teams of note.

Well, with Va Tech I think you would have to go with Bruce Smith. Has anything good ever come out of Harvard? Maybe. A guy named Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl 6 times. Is "SC" South Carolina or Southern California or something else.

What school did you attend? We can find out who went there....unless it has always been a girls only school.

Well, this is easy. Josh Cribbs/Antonio Gates/James Harrison (Kent State) Coaches would be Nick Saban and Lou Holtz

Yo, Cleveland Sound....did you ever hear about a guy named Jack Lambert....went to Kent St....Pro Football HOF and all that? Sound familiar? Right now I think he still would have to rate above those other very good players you mention.

This is an easy one, Marshal Faulk, SDSU. I would see him around campus all the time. We were the orignal people who said, Marshal, marshal marshal. We use to always joke that SDSU payed for his mustang converitble..

2. Who will be the NFL MVP this year? Peton Manning

3. What is your next vacation destination?new jersey

4. The Browns will be playing against Kellen Winslow II for the first time since they traded him. How do you think he will do against the Browns or how will the Browns do against him? He will have his catches, no doubt. 8-78 yards

5. This is Labor Day week. Have you ever known anyone whose labor's have been able to come to an end by winning the lottery? By this I mean big, big money. Millions at least? yes and i hated the bastard. I was 15 and my football went on his lawn, he cursed me for getting it so i hit him with a snow ball. The guy followed me home and told my parents. I was punished by going to the seton hall villanova basketball game..

the dude won the lottery twice... WTF

Wife went to Akron U...I agree with Jason Taylor

Rogers of Green Bay

Waynesboro, Virginia in April for the Virginia Fly Fishing Festival & trout fishing in the Shenandoah Mountains

I say they shut him down/up & T J may just shut out his lights!

...NOPE!

Mike

<Well, with Va Tech I think you would have to go with Bruce Smith. Has anything good ever come out of Harvard? Maybe. A guy named Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl 6 times. Is "SC" South Carolina or Southern California or something else.

What school did you attend? We can find out who went there....unless it has always been a girls only school>

That would be South Carolina.

I attended: Mary Manse College, Georgia State, Augusta College, College of Charleston, and Medical University of South Carolina (where I finally secured my degree).

Yo, Cleveland Sound....did you ever hear about a guy named Jack Lambert....went to Kent St....Pro Football HOF and all that? Sound familiar? Right now I think he still would have to rate above those other very good players you mention.

We all make mistakes. I forgot him. My bad.

<Well, with Va Tech I think you would have to go with Bruce Smith. Has anything good ever come out of Harvard? Maybe. A guy named Matt Birk went to the Pro Bowl 6 times. Is "SC" South Carolina or Southern California or something else.

What school did you attend? We can find out who went there....unless it has always been a girls only school>

That would be South Carolina.

I attended: Mary Manse College, Georgia State, Augusta College, College of Charleston, and Medical University of South Carolina (where I finally secured my degree).

You're right, not much NFL caliber from those schools. Was Mary Manse an all girl's school? Georgia State is just this year starting a football program with Bill Curry (center from Alabama...played with Joe Namath and Johnny Unitas) as coach.

Augusta college had one guy ever play in the NFL, a guy named Danny Kight who played 3 years from 1999-2001. If the Medical Univ. is associated with the University of South Carolina you might choose either Sterling Sharpe or George Rogers.

College of Charleston: no one.

Archived