THE BROWNS BOARD

Supplemental Survey Question

The Gipper

Here is a survey question that deserves to stand on its own:

Setup: For 14 consecutive years, at least 5 or more teams of the 12 that make the playoffs one year have failed to make the playoffs the following year. (at some point I may go through these lists). Thus, it seems almost a guarantee that 5 teams minimal that made the playoffs last year will fail to do so this time around.

Facts: These are the 12 playoff teams from last year: Jets, Cowboys, Cardinals, Ravens, Colts, Saints, Bengals, Eagles, Packers, Patriots, Chargers, Vikings

Question: Which 5 of these teams minimum will fail to make the playoffs this year? And, if you wish, you can say who will replace them in the playoffs.

My own best guess on this is that the Vikings, Bengals, Cardinals, Jets, and Eagles will be out to be replaced by the Steelers, Texans, Giants, Falcons, and 49ers. This is actually kind of hard to do as I had the Vikings being possibly in the Super Bowl and Adrian Peterson as MVP, but, I think they are probably more vulnerable than the Packers at being left out...due to the potential calamity that could come from Favre.

Archived