THE BROWNS BOARD

Not quite what the press wants you to believe

peterbell

Below is a quote from Joe Haden in reference to his Head Coach..NOUGH SAID

“I would say Coach Mangini is a really good dude that cares about his players and he just wants people that work hard, are trustworthy, and he wants people that are working for a common goal.”

Please elaborate on this. By itself, this statement doesn't make much sense.

Sorry, I guess my point is that the team as a whole is not a perennial playoff team. It is a solid group of decent veterans that will serve more as a stop-gap squad that will win a fair amount of games. The Franchise needs a team of players that will grow in the league as Browns from the draft.

Not to say this will be quick, it will be something Holmgren will have to do over the next 3-4 years. My point is that smart drafting will be the only thing that makes this team into a franchise.

Hope that makes more sense. The way I put it last time sounded a lil like Yogi Berra.

Sorry, I guess my point is that the team as a whole is not a perennial playoff team. It is a solid group of decent veterans that will serve more as a stop-gap squad that will win a fair amount of games. The Franchise needs a team of players that will grow in the league as Browns from the draft.

Not to say this will be quick, it will be something Holmgren will have to do over the next 3-4 years. My point is that smart drafting will be the only thing that makes this team into a franchise.

Hope that makes more sense. The way I put it last time sounded a lil like Yogi Berra.

I can agree with that. Although I think we are starting just the foundation you are referring to with our WR's and O-Line (and now Secondary).

I can agree with that. Although I think we are starting just the foundation you are referring to with our WR's and O-Line (and now Secondary).

I realllly hope you are right. I think we are missing a true speed threat at WR right now and hope we can find what Minnesota has in Percy Harvin or what Philly has with DeSean Jackson.

I would personally rank the right side of our O-Line as one of the top priorities next year. It seems like the guys we have there now get smacked in the face every time out. I am very nervous about having a rookie start at SS and Nickel - but I hope they prove to be as good as their highlight videos.

Cleveland needs players that will be loyal to the city and the fans - Cribbs and Joe Thomas really come to mind as stand up guys... They are leaders on and off the field.

If the defense can find someone like we had with Clay Matthews back in the day - a guy that embodied the working spirit of Cleveland I would LOVE that direction for the team.

(I am pulling for the Browns to find a way to get Mark Herzlisch from Boston College. The guy is effing INTENSE.)

Below is a quote from Joe Hayden in reference to his Head Coach..NOUGH SAID

“I would say Coach Mangini is a really good dude that cares about his players and he just wants people that work hard, are trustworthy, and he wants people that are working for a common goal.”

He's a rookie. Is he really going to say something detrimental about Mangini? I'm also not implying that Mangini is bad but a endorsement from a rookie CB is hardly a endorsement anyone would parade at the forefront of the "keep Mangini parade"

"Nough said"

He's a rookie. Is he really going to say something detrimental about Mangini? I'm also not implying that Mangini is bad but a endorsement from a rookie CB is hardly a endorsement anyone would parade at the forefront of the "keep Mangini parade"

"Nough said"

The "keep Mangini" parade was led by Mike Holmgren. You want to argue with his credentials?

The "keep Mangini" parade was led by Mike Holmgren. You want to argue with his credentials?

I thought a specifically stated that I wasn't saying Mangini is bad. However I could care less about the fat walrus. Let me know when he's done crying. My point was/is a Haden endorsement is hardly a endorsement at all.

I thought a specifically stated that I wasn't saying Mangini is bad. However I could care less about the fat walrus. Let me know when he's done crying. My point was/is a Haden endorsement is hardly a endorsement at all.

Maybe Joe Haden could care less what you think about his endoresement of Mangini than you care about his endorsement of Mangini. Joe Haden is in far better position to do the endorsing than you are certainly, even if he is a rookie.

Maybe Joe Haden could care less what you think about his endoresement of Mangini than you care about his endorsement of Mangini. Joe Haden is in far better position to do the endorsing than you are certainly, even if he is a rookie.

Hey Gip that's not the point. Bottom line a rookie vying for playing time is NOT going to say something detrimental about his head coach. Period.

Hey Gip that's not the point. Bottom line a rookie vying for playing time is NOT going to say something detrimental about his head coach. Period.

Sure, but then, he is not obligated to say anything nice about him either. Haden has some pretty good coaching in college, so if he says he likes Mangini's style, why would you not believe him?

Archived