THE BROWNS BOARD

Expectations from Cribbs?

GuestInPeace

Hey Browns fans. I'm a Dolphins fan, coming in peace here to talk about what y'all expect to see out of Josh Cribbs this year. How he'll be used in the offense, what kind of numbers you all think he'll put up, all that jazz. Everything I've read about him indicates him having a big year, especially with the money he's being paid. You don't pay nearly 7mil/yr for a gadget player.

I'm a big fan of his potential as a player, and was drooling over the prospect of trade rumors involving him last year, to my dismay and your delight, they were false. I took a late round flier on him in my fantasy league, wanted to get an opinion from those who know him best.

ESPN has a list of FLEX rankings.

Of all the players that could be on the list, they have Jerome Harrison in the top 30 (26th I think?).

They believe he will run roughshod over the Bucs who had the 31st ranked run defense last year.

Maybe Cribbs will get 100 yard rushing from running the Wildgoose offense?

(Just a little experiment to see how this WildDawg renaming thing goes)

My first guess is that Guestinpeace is a Browns fan looking to blow a little air up Cribbs skirt.

My second guess is that Cribbs will be one of the highlights in the Browns first game which is a coin toss between two bad teams.

Nah. Definitely a diehard Dolphins fan. But also enough of an NFL fan to at least be somewhat cognizant of Cribbs' potential.

As far as the "Wilddawg", other than the name, is there anything much different about it from the Wild Cat run down in Miami? Where does Seneca Wallace figure into this? I saw his name mentioned in association with it.

Definitely sounds more and more that y'all aren't really going to be running a standard offense this year, and that you'll be doing some serious experimentation.

Nah. Definitely a diehard Dolphins fan. But also enough of an NFL fan to at least be somewhat cognizant of Cribbs' potential.

As far as the "Wilddawg", other than the name, is there anything much different about it from the Wild Cat run down in Miami? Where does Seneca Wallace figure into this? I saw his name mentioned in association with it.

Definitely sounds more and more that y'all aren't really going to be running a standard offense this year, and that you'll be doing some serious experimentation.

The Browns ran pretty much standard offenses during the preseason. Not much of the WildDawg offense shown in preseason. Probably saving it for the regular season. I don't know all the nuances of it, but I assume that it is pretty similar to the Wild...feline offenses run elsewhere. Every team though I am sure is going to give something like that their own special tweeks.

i thought it was called the flash package?

i thought because cribbs played QB at kent state that they named it after the golden flashes?

Archived