THE BROWNS BOARD

8 Browns nominated for HOF

HowieDawg

Didn't see a thread on this but was pleased to see it on the browns official website.

One of my fondest memories was seeing Clay Matthews play against the eagles in 1989, my first ever Browns game over here in England. The guy that got me into the Browns had his jersey on was was practically in love with the guy. I hope Clay gets it.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9047

several of those guys we really cannot consider Browns just because they showed their face on the roster. Clay really is the one I think we all agree represents the Browns, and is truly deserving. I think Clay is the only "TRUE" Brown who has a real shot at getting in. It would be really cool for him to get in. I am a big fan of Pruitt also, but don't really think he has a shot. Some of those other guys that I really don't consider 'True Browns" have good shots to get in.. But Clay is the MAN.

There were A LOT of us in love with Clay Matthews!!! He was HOT!!! icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

So you like them hairy then do you! That's puts me out of the picture with you Hiwaygal!

I would love to have seen him play week in week out, I get so much pleasure out of seeing a LB smash the opposition for loss ot turnover. I think he got something like 120+ tackles and 12 sacks one season in the mid 80's didn't he. I am hoping that I can buy some DVDs of old games on my trip back to Cleveland later this year.

Clay Matthews in the Hall Of Fame just sounds right. If he had a ring he'd be a shoo in. The guy was one of the top linebackers in the league for his entire stay in C-Town. He didn't really lose a step until he finished up in Atlanta. He deserves the Gold Jacket.

One bad note however. Uncle Scum is once again on the list. He's in seriously failing health and I have a sick feeling they're gonna try to get him in this year. If that happens, I WILL fly back and throw rotten fruit at him or whatever evil minion of his decides to accept for him.

Doug

Clay was the best. I can remeber the interception he had against the bills in the end zone to secure the win in the playoffs.

Also I can remeber one of the most boned head plays as well against the Oilers. After his INT he tried to flip the ball back to Big Daddy but he fumbled the transiion. On the very next paly Moon threw a TD to Givens in the back of the end zone. We did end up winning the game one of the most impressive drives in Browns history. I think it was 88 yards and Mack was a beast.

Clay Matthews in the Hall Of Fame just sounds right. If he had a ring he'd be a shoo in. The guy was one of the top linebackers in the league for his entire stay in C-Town. He didn't really lose a step until he finished up in Atlanta. He deserves the Gold Jacket.

One bad note however. Uncle Scum is once again on the list. He's in seriously failing health and I have a sick feeling they're gonna try to get him in this year. If that happens, I WILL fly back and throw rotten fruit at him or whatever evil minion of his decides to accept for him.

Doug

I'll be sitting in the plane seat right next to you.

Shelly

Shelly

If Modell showed up in Canton, it would make the "bottle game" look like a tea party. It might be even worse if David decided to accept on the old man's behalf.

Doug

Shelly

If Modell showed up in Canton, it would make the "bottle game" look like a tea party. It might be even worse if David decided to accept on the old man's behalf.

Doug

I never minded Artie as much, but man I couldn't stand his kid. The real reason for the move was so Art could guarantee his boy some sort of financial well being after he and Pat pissed all our money away. David snorted his allowance when things were good, so when it came time for Art to pony up or go bankrupt, he chose to guarantee his baby wouldn't have to make his own way like pops did.

David is/was the Spalding of pro sports.

Doug[/color][/b]

The last time he came up for the HOF Tony Grossi made a presentation to the writers

about how Art ripped the heart out of the city. He needs to do that again and again with

the same passion. To reward Art with the HOF puts a black mark on the NFL.

Shelly

Doug

I can just imagine the hell-fury that would be released. Do you think either of them would feel safe enough to actually show up?

If Clay Matthews gets into the HOF - then LC Greenwood must get in - Donnie Shell too.

As soon as the HOF boots out the undeserving Lynn Swann, you can have Greenwood or Shell.

Matthews earned his way in without the 70's Squeeler media bias.

Doug

Archived