THE BROWNS BOARD

UGLY!

Canton Mike

What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

I'm sorry folks, but this was a terribly played & coached game.

Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

We should have won this game, but literally INVENTED ways to lose it.

I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

Mike

What a horrible game. Fumbles, interceptions, poor pass rush on an injured QB, poor rushing defense.

Jake threw that STUPID interception in the 1st half, came up limping, & Wallace never came in?

I'm a Brown's fan, but right now, I'm disgusted. I really can find few bright spots in this one.

Mike

I am pissed to the max after this game but did we really expect anything more? Typically Browns..........

Agree completely, im utterly disgusted to the point i cancelled my sunday ticket and sold my cincy game tickets...welcome to daboll ball part 2 ...no thanks i will not support this coach or his ignorant minions..im still a browns fan but an inactive one until the club puts a real and likable coaching staff in place...

what happened to the OL? couldn't open a hole big enough for a squirrel to run through, daboll sucks and delhomme looks like he did last year. the team looked undisciplined in their play and under-conditioned and lethargic. mangini isn't the problem but he needs to replace daboll and get back to be a hard-nosed prick.

Mike

Saved me time, by not having to type the exact same thing..........Thanks!

When JD got hurt, wasn't it his right foot? The foot he plants and throws off with?

As in, why the heyl didn't they just put Seneca in to keep the defense honest? Why?

Why leave JD in there? ?????

When JD got hurt, wasn't it his right foot? The foot he plants and throws off with?

As in, why the heyl didn't they just put Seneca in to keep the defense honest? Why?

Why leave JD in there? ?????

cal, they shouldn't have even been in that position. you don't take your foot off of the gas on offense just because your up by a couple tds early in the first half. we got blitzed heavily because daboll suddenly became allergic to passes over 5 yds. and the bucs knew we weren't passing any more.

I am pissed to the max after this game but did we really expect anything more? Typically Browns..........

Before the game I expected to win. At the half I thought we were going to win.

I just can't figure out how we could throw that game in the toilet.

Poor playcalling? Poor execution?

Does it still matter?

Every season starts the same. This one is not different from anything we have seen so far.

let's just hope everyone in the organization realize they F'd up royally and need to play a lot better. just because you do a couple of good things in the pre-season and you're all smiles doesn't mean any team on any sunday can't beat you. you've got to be intense for the whole 60 mins, make proper adjustments at halftime and have the coaches get into a player's grill if they make a mistake, veteran or rookie.

We contributed more to the Bucs winning the game than the Bucs did. With the exception of the one long pass play we gave up, our D played well given the circumstances. After that terrible falling down pick Jake threw and his mystery injury, the spirit of the offense just died. It wasn't helped by the pass pass run, playcalling by Daboll after we got the lead. Here is a quick summary of the reactions of the 150+ Browns fans I watched the game with in Chicago...

1. Wow we are looking good, Jake is making some sketchy throws but they are working.

2. Hillis is a beast but why are we featuring him instead of Harrison?

3. Uh oh, turnovers.

4. Oh man, the Bucs can't do anything. I hope we don't give the game away.

5. We aren't doing anything on offense. This can't continue if we want to win

6. TURNOVERS! We are going to give the game away!

7. Bad field position, We gave the game away!

8. It's 4th down, we have to go for it, CALL A TIMEOUT!!!!

9. Lose game, hang head and brace for a long season.

Wow I almost started to get positive about this season. Today brought me back to reality. Sure it's just one game but also another in a long line of losing.

The bucs were one of the few teams worse than the browns last year and ranked lower than the browns this year and they couldn't even beat them.

When's the draft??

We contributed more to the Bucs winning the game than the Bucs did. With the exception of the one long pass play we gave up, our D played well given the circumstances. After that terrible falling down pick Jake threw and his mystery injury, the spirit of the offense just died. It wasn't helped by the pass pass run, playcalling by Daboll after we got the lead. Here is a quick summary of the reactions of the 150+ Browns fans I watched the game with in Chicago...

1. Wow we are looking good, Jake is making some sketchy throws but they are working.

2. Hillis is a beast but why are we featuring him instead of Harrison?

3. Uh oh, turnovers.

4. Oh man, the Bucs can't do anything. I hope we don't give the game away.

5. We aren't doing anything on offense. This can't continue if we want to win

6. TURNOVERS! We are going to give the game away!

7. Bad field position, We gave the game away!

8. It's 4th down, we have to go for it, CALL A TIMEOUT!!!!

9. Lose game, hang head and brace for the wrath of BucsnBiceps

Fixed it for ya

let's just hope everyone in the organization realize they F'd up royally and need to play a lot better. just because you do a couple of good things in the pre-season and you're all smiles doesn't mean any team on any sunday can't beat you. you've got to be intense for the whole 60 mins, make proper adjustments at halftime and have the coaches get into a player's grill if they make a mistake, veteran or rookie.

Exactly! As soon as Jake hit the sideline, a Coach should have had him by the facemask after that idiotic throw & interception late in the 1st half. We could have demoralized them with even a field goal on that drive. When he threw that ball (when he should have eaten it) & it was picked off, I felt we just had given the game away. I think it was the key play of the game.

Give Tampa Bay credit....When they saw Jake limping, they threw the kitchen sink at him. We, on the other hand, knew Freeman had a broken thumb & couldn't put much zip on the ball, but we failed to put consistent pressure on him.

Our players can certainly PLAY better, & I hope to God our Coaches can COACH better. If not, we're in trouble.

Mike

You guys need to stop deciding how good or bad the Browns are until you've seen something. Stop with the suicidal talk.

This team simply isn't very good and no matter how bad you wanted them to be good it isn't going to happen until the new "system" has some time.

You need to accept that you may win 5-6 games this year but the Browns are building under a system which is something you haven't had here in 20 years.

Yah let this system flounder around for 2 years and then blow it up and start again

A few points you faithful should consider before running the car in a locked garage.

For the record, I predicted the Browns by 4 on our board.

It's early enough for you guys to find yourselves and win some games. There is enough talent up there to make a showing.

Sadly, you bought in to the "veteran QB is the second coming" pile. Delhome's not that good without a formidable running attack. I suspect the intelligent Dawggies knew this. He's not going to beat anyone with his arm alone. Put a little pressure on him and he makes a lot of mistakes. We went down that same road with ol' happy feet Garcia and it's a bad one. Witness Chuckies MNF gig as a testament to how well dumpster diving for a starting NFL QB works.

Dont underestimate your opponent. Nearly all of Dawgland dissed the Bucs. Buncha 3-13 chumps right? Tampa purged most all the old guys and kept only the most athaletic guys. We are a much more physical and quick than most people think. Young and stupid? Yup. You saw Freeman just like we did. Our D line struggled in the first half too.

Lastly, the weather kicked your ass too. You guys looked about as ready for the fourth quarter as the Bucs do coming out of a tunnel when it's 10 below.

All things considered, these teams are far more similar than dissimilar. Overhauled front office, unproven coaches and a few draft picks away from a decent squad.

6-8 wins max for us both this year.

Good Luck going forward.

Dont underestimate your opponent. Nearly all of Dawgland dissed the Bucs. Buncha 3-13 chumps right? Tampa purged most all the old guys and kept only the most athaletic guys. We are a much more physical and quick than most people think. Young and stupid? Yup. You saw Freeman just like we did. Our D line struggled in the first half too.

Lastly, the weather kicked your ass too. You guys looked about as ready for the fourth quarter as the Bucs do coming out of a tunnel when it's 10 below.

i agree with these two points you made. tampa is young and hungry as by the most part so are we, except that pile you speak of delhomme. i don't mean to kill jake delhomme here, i like his grittiness and leadership skills and i think his team mates (if shown something) will rally behind him like they did the coaching staff the end of last year. but this debut lacks neither and is not a good showing to the team/FO or the fans. when every game of a 16 season means so much the coaches need to adjust and either replace ineffective/mistake ridden players (even if they're not sure what will happen) or change your game plan on the fly. AND like most on this thread have stated: why take your foot off the gas? where is the killer instinct?

Archived