THE BROWNS BOARD

The most aggregious call ever!!!!!!!!!!

rich4eagle

Today, I saw Mr.Johnson of the Detroit Lions make a superb catch to win the game...........and hold the ball for some time.........

and then called it a Touchdown

and the "IREFUTTABLE EVIDENCE" called it a non touchdown

This in my view is now biggest joke in NFL history............a league that panders narcissists like Farve and condemns testosterone........but indeed make booth officials doing this stupidity called irrefutable evidence to overturn a call

This has to be absolute MORONIC IF A SINGLE person can support overturning this TD and worse .................it proves the NFL is what it is ..........dysfunctional money and kissing the bucks

sad day for NFL football

there is no other explanation for this utter distruction of fairness

What rule is that? you need to control the ball in the end zone for four seconds?......

they blew it huge and that is what it is.........welcome to the NFL .........you be popular yu get the rule.......you be a loser and rules get........twisted

What rule is that? you need to control the ball in the end zone for four seconds?......

they blew it huge and that is what it is.........welcome to the NFL .........you be popular yu get the rule.......you be a loser and rules get........twisted

Cant say I disagree with your last line...

But the rule is that the receiver must maintain possession throughout the ENTIRE thing.. that means on the ground and getting up from the ground...

Yes its a horrendous rule and too broad and doesn't account for every different scenario... but it's still the rule and according to the stupid "rule" it wasn't a TD.

It's stupid and needs to be fixed.

That was, without doubt, the worst call in the NFL since the phantom push-off and the phantom holding calls against the Seahawks when they lost to the "Stealers" in the SB that was fixed.

CJ figured "Man, I just won the game!". So he put the ball on the ground. He actually held it upside down in one hand for a couple of steps before casually dropping the ball.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CALL. What a freakin' joke.

Cant say I disagree with your last line...

But the rule is that the receiver must maintain possession throughout the ENTIRE thing.. that means on the ground and getting up from the ground...

Yes its a horrendous rule and too broad and doesn't account for every different scenario... but it's still the rule and according to the stupid "rule" it wasn't a TD.

It's stupid and needs to be fixed.

That is pure BS, so if you catch a ball and never touch the ground it is incomplete according to what you said/...............

the guy caught the ball and it was a TD and called a TD and then POLITICS made the rules............as USUAL

That is pure BS, so if you catch a ball and never touch the ground it is incomplete according to what you said/...............

the guy caught the ball and it was a TD and called a TD and then POLITICS made the rules............as USUAL

I'm just saying... it's the rule. The rule is poorly written and it cost the Lions the game.

You think that call was bad? Do you remember last year when we stopped the Stoolers on 4th down, they brought out the chains measured it a good foot short of the first and the refs pointed and said "First Down!"

They can't make a call that isn't even in real time with a marker out on the field and we hold out hope for this type of play?

Nice catch Cal.

It was a ridiculous call and i feel for the lions and their fans getting screwed by a defunct rule that is often overlooked by most officials makes me think it was a biased call..but hey the nfl has to find some way to keep us bottom dwellers in the basement, rather its by bad calls, belicheating ,bad coaches or bad owners/management, sabotaged drafts or in the browns or lions cases, all of the above...

To be fair, it is a terrible rule. The call itself wasn't horrible if you look at the wording of the rule however I think that they definitely stretched it here. Fact is the Lions were robbed even if it was the correct call. There is no way in any universe that that isn't a TD. Expect the rules committee to do an overhaul of this idiotic rule in the off-season.

Today, I saw Mr.Johnson of the Detroit Lions make a superb catch to win the game...........and hold the ball for some time.........

and then called it a Touchdown

and the "IREFUTTABLE EVIDENCE" called it a non touchdown

This in my view is now biggest joke in NFL history............a league that panders narcissists like Farve and condemns testosterone........but indeed make booth officials doing this stupidity called irrefutable evidence to overturn a call

This has to be absolute MORONIC IF A SINGLE person can support overturning this TD and worse .................it proves the NFL is what it is ..........dysfunctional money and kissing the bucks

sad day for NFL football

there is no other explanation for this utter distruction of fairness

Yet another reason to BAN Replay.... Its doesnt work. DONT wanna hear about a poorly written "RULE" Common sense should override ASININE decisions.

It was the correct call and the only call that could be made. The rule says if you are contacted you must maintain possession of the ball upon impact with the ground......he clearly didn't.

Finally, someone who understands the rule. This is correct call and the rule shouldn't be changed. The alternative would be that after any pass where the receiver were hit the ground with ball without his hands or other body part being underneath the ball, and then have the ball bounce away would have to be called a catch. I would be less happy with that than the rule as it is.

CJ hit the ball on the ground, it came out of his hand immediately at that point. It is not a catch or a TD. It never should be called one.

Finally, someone who understands the rule. This is correct call and the rule shouldn't be changed. The alternative would be that after any pass where the receiver were hit the ground with ball without his hands or other body part being underneath the ball, and then have the ball bounce away would have to be called a catch. I would be less happy with that than the rule as it is.

CJ hit the ball on the ground, it came out of his hand immediately at that point. It is not a catch or a TD. It never should be called one.

Common sense has to come into play at some point.No one, that has ever played or watched football could possibly think that that wasn't a catch. The rule is terrible.

That was, without doubt, the worst call in the NFL since the phantom push-off and the phantom holding calls against the Seahawks when they lost to the "Stealers" in the SB that was fixed.

CJ figured "Man, I just won the game!". So he put the ball on the ground. He actually held it upside down in one hand for a couple of steps before casually dropping the ball.

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE CALL. What a freakin' joke.

What you're still bitter about the beat down you received in the AFC Championship game? Phantom Holding calls. The call on Sunday was catastrophically bad. The Steelers/Seahawks Super Bowl had poor calls both ways. Just as the Steeler had plenty of terrible calls go against them leading in to that Super Bowl, most notable the Polamalu colts interception.

I didn't like the call in the Lions game either, but can think of some worse ones....

1) Clay Matthews recovers a Warren Moon lateral inside the Oilers 5 yard line in a 1988 playoff game-Jerry Markbreit says the whistle blew, play is dead, Oiler football....ruined our Christmas Eve, Browns go on to lose 24-23

2) Rob Lytle of Denver fumbles at the 1 yard line on an attempted dive into the endzone vs. the Raiders in the 1977 AFC title game...refs say he crossed the goal line. Wasn't even close to a TD.

3) Karlis Missed, wide left in that stupid-ass Drive game.

4) Steelers, while they overcame a screwing vs. the Colts a few years back, and vs. the Titans on Nedneys FG, have gotten their share of breaks.

I didn't like the call in the Lions game either, but can think of some worse ones....

1) Clay Matthews recovers a Warren Moon lateral inside the Oilers 5 yard line in a 1988 playoff game-Jerry Markbreit says the whistle blew, play is dead, Oiler football....ruined our Christmas Eve, Browns go on to lose 24-23

2) Rob Lytle of Denver fumbles at the 1 yard line on an attempted dive into the endzone vs. the Raiders in the 1977 AFC title game...refs say he crossed the goal line. Wasn't even close to a TD.

3) Karlis Missed, wide left in that stupid-ass Drive game.

4) Steelers, while they overcame a screwing vs. the Colts a few years back, and vs. the Titans on Nedneys FG, have gotten their share of breaks.

Just as every team in the NFL catches a break. It's a game officiated by human beings and human error occurs. What goes around comes around. It all evens out in the long run. Pittsburgh won that Super Bowl by more points than what "MAY" have been taken away from the Seahawks.

These guys are highly paid pros and this isn't the firest time this rule has been used. If a receiver doesn't understand the rule that's on him.

The rule was put in place a few years ago when they were having trouble determining what constituted a catch. There were too many incidents of players losing the ball upon contact with the ground making it impossible to eliminate the "judgment" call. There had to be a hard, fast, description of what constituted a catch.

I agree with the bolded but if that wasn't a catch then the rule needs amended. If I'm a player that catches a TD for now on, I would take the ball with me to go hump the goal post then pack it with me to the bench.

It was the correct call and the only call that could be made. The rule says if you are contacted you must maintain possession of the ball upon impact with the ground......he clearly didn't.

I agree. The standard for receivers isn't the same for backs. The standard is for a reception, not a fumble.

By the way, in the interest of spelling...

the *correct* spelling in the title should be:

EGREGIOUS (not "aggregious")

124999932843.jpg

Thanks I wuz too busy drinking to do spellcheck.................should be automatic on football sites since most fans have no clue about spelling............gave you a kudo

Common sense has to come into play at some point.No one, that has ever played or watched football could possibly think that that wasn't a catch. The rule is terrible.

So if he took six steps in the end zone waving the ball in one hand and then tossed it, it is incomplete RIGHT?????????????? The rule is clearly broken. POSSESSION IS THE KEY AND THAT IS SUBJECTIVE AND SHOULD BE SUBJECTIVELY DETERMINED...............not by the dumbest rule ever enabled.

Johnson had full possession of that ball going on three seconds........

Archived