THE BROWNS BOARD

Source: Wallace To Start Sunday

dawgpound3

I heard this from a source, don't know how true it is, but it did mention that Delhomme did sit out the Wednesday, and Thursday practice, and the source mentioned that those two practices are vital for preparing, and not to mention, play on sunday. It is still a game-time decision, but I hope for the Browns' sake, Jake actually recovers, and can start. It's likely he'll miss this game, but there is a chance he could play, but it certainly looks doubtful at this point.

I heard this from a source, don't know how true it is, but it did mention that Delhomme did sit out the Wednesday, and Thursday practice, and the source mentioned that those two practices are vital for preparing, and not to mention, play on sunday. It is still a game-time decision, but I hope for the Browns' sake, Jake actually recovers, and can start. It's likely he'll miss this game, but there is a chance he could play, but it certainly looks doubtful at this point.

Yeah, when I heard he sat out Thursday I figured it is Seneca's start at this point. They seem pretty certain about it on ESPN as well. Mangini will keep them guessing, but Wallace will get the nod.

Zombo

I like how you try and make yourself look like an insider. Who is your "source"? Pathetic. :rolleyes:

The source may have been a radio or TV or internet report.

I don't think he claimed that he was an insider, did he?

No, he didn't, but to deny that he is making it seem as though he has inside sources is just silly. Either post a link with some credibilty, or state your source. It's simple. I can easily come out here and say, " I heard from a source who is very close to me that Jake Delhomme cried on the sideline after throwing his second pick in the 4th quarter of last Sundays game against Tampa Bay". See where I'm going with this?

No, he didn't, but to deny that he is making it seem as though he has inside sources is just silly. Either post a link with some credibilty, or state your source. It's simple. I can easily come out here and say, " I heard from a source who is very close to me that Jake Delhomme cried on the sideline after throwing his second pick in the 4th quarter of last Sundays game against Tampa Bay". See where I'm going with this?

Who really cares?

Delhomme was right as the starter, but when he got hurt, he couldn't throw or move and was ineffective.

(btw, how awesome even more, that Kosar was able to gimp around on a fractured ankle, and still lead to a win?)

Seneca is a brilliant choice to have as backup now, it will be fun to watch him. He can also play and make things happen.

I predict a Browns win. I always do. :angry:

PER THE PLAIN DEALER:

BEREA, Ohio — Jake Delhomme missed a second practice day in a row with a right ankle injury, increasing the likelihood of Seneca Wallace opening the home season against Kansas City as the Browns' starting quarterback.

If that transpires, Wallace would be the 16th quarterback to start a game for the Browns since they returned as an expansion franchise in 1999. In that same period, Peyton Manning has started every game for the Indianapolis Colts.

Browns coach Eric Mangini left open the possibility that Delhomme still could start. Or be No. 2 for the game. Or No. 3.

"All of those are potential situations," Mangini said. "I couldn't tell you where it's going to go. We have today, tomorrow and Saturday, and we have a couple different approaches how the game can go, and we'll just have to see which way it goes."

In the meantime, rookie Colt McCoy is preparing during the week to be active for his first real NFL game as the backup to Wallace.

Share "I'm getting a lot more reps this week," McCoy said. "I'm getting in tune to a lot more of the game-plan plays. I'll be ready if something happens."

No research needed: Wallace and Mangini are new to each other as player and coach, but there was no need for Mangini to do any special research on Wallace to prepare him for possibly his first start.

He just walked down the hall to Mike Holmgren's office to get a scouting report. The Browns' president, of course, drafted Wallace and coached him seven years in Seattle. Gil Haskell, Holmgren's former offensive coordinator, also is in the building as Holmgren's "senior adviser."

Mangini said both he and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll have spent time with Holmgren this week discussing Wallace.

"I don't have anything specific I want to share about all those conversations," Mangini said. "All good stuff, I'll say that. And we'll use it."

You are stupid, an asshole and a troll. Nuff said.

I like how you try and make yourself look like an insider. Who is your "source"? Pathetic. :rolleyes:

Your the one taking time out of your day to rip on people over the internet because it makes you feel good about yourself. If you want to know about pathetic maybe you should look into them mirror.

Seneca starts, were down 10 at half, Wallace gets injured on a WildDawg play. McCoy comes in mid third quarter, lights'em up in the passing game, we win bye 4. Following week Delhomme's ready to go, but everybody's calling for Colt to get the start...Bwahahahahaha

Welcome to Cleveland. Probably the worst situation imaginable.

No, not really. You are being somewhat obtuse.

I think you are basically saying: if you have a source, name it. You are not protected by journalistic ethics not to reveal a source, particularly a public source.

If that transpires, Wallace would be the 16th quarterback to start a game for the Browns since they returned as an expansion franchise in 1999. In that same period, Peyton Manning has started every game for the Indianapolis Colts.

See now, this is just dumbass good luck for the Colts. I mean, I understand that they were thisclose to picking Ryan Leaf with their first draft pick, and if they had, they may have been in no better stead than the Browns.

I would be curious to know how many starting QBs other teams have had in the same period.

Is there an implication that the Browns have had more starting QBs than anyone else?

If so, a lot of that is just dumbass bad luck for the Browns. A lot of injuries and a lot of guys who just didn't cut it.

I would be curious to know how many starting QBs other teams have had in the same period.

I don't know about all the other teams, but we have had two starting quarterbacks start all of our games for the last 18 years.

We've been insanely lucky.

ETA:

Realized I didn't really answer the question.

Since the Brown's return as an expansion team in '99, the Packers have had two starting QBs.

Farve: '99-'07

Rodgers: '08- present.

Neither of them have missed a start.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...eca_wallac.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme is listed as doubtful for the Chiefs game and Seneca Wallace said today he's "somewhat'' been told he'll start.

Wallace said, "I got the feeling'' he'd be starting based on Delhomme resting his ankle all week and Wallace taking all of the first-team reps. Delhomme is still believed to be in the walking boot after injuring the ankle last week against the Tampa Bay Bucaneers.

"Seneca's done a real nice job throughout the course of the week in terms of running the offense,'' said coach Eric Mangini. "He and [offensive coordinator] Brian [Daboll] have worked well together in putting together a game plan and a plan of attack.''

Mangini said he's not the only one optimistic about Wallace this week. "It's the coaches, the players, we all feel good about him leading us as well,'' he said.

Shaun Rogers (hip, ankle) is questionable.

matchup wise, the chiefs could not handle harrison last year so if you add senaca into the starting lineup it will be double the trouble for kc

delhome is comparable to a knuckleball pitcher while senaca throws mostly sliders :lol:

i'm interested in seeing what seneca can do as a back up qb.

Archived