THE BROWNS BOARD

What the hell happened to the "Cyclone" and the "Flash" package??

SJ_Browns

All I heard all off-season long was those packages and those great plays. Why is it that we never see them? I remember hearing Mangini and Daboll talking about the "Flash" package and all of these great plays they had in the playbook prior to the 09 season. Why is it that we never see any of these so-called great plays? What's the point of creating them and then going through an entire season and only throwing a couple of passes and runs out of these plays? These guys (Mangini and Daboll) are mind boggling.

It's not really that tricky. When cribbs takes the snap he runs the ball. It's like 10 against 11 with Wallace lined up on the wing. You can't win with gimmicks. You may as well line cribbs up in the backfield now and then and give him a handoff, at least that would be 11 on 11 ball. One big problem is that the coaching staff can't figure out how to make cribbs a weapon on a regular basis. Yes I know he had a nice catch today but that does not happen often.

that just sounds like an excuse for mangini and daboll. what's the point of drawing up plays and practicing them, but never using them? what the hell do the browns have to lose? like herm said, 'YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME". open up the damn playbook and try to play to win and not play to try and not lose.

I don't understand why you think my post is an excuse for poor coaching? I'm just saying the wilddawg flash whatever you want to call it is predictable when it is basically a cribbs running play 19 out of 20 times.

you didn't understand my op. i said why is it they only call the basic plays out of the flash and cyclone package? mangini said (during tc) there are about 20 plays in the flash and about 15 in the cyclone package. my point is why not run some of the other plays that no one has seen yet? that's almost 30 plays combined that have never been used. what's the point of having them and not using them? which goes back to my original point about predictable playcalling on offense.

It's not really that tricky. When cribbs takes the snap he runs the ball. It's like 10 against 11 with Wallace lined up on the wing. You can't win with gimmicks. You may as well line cribbs up in the backfield now and then and give him a handoff, at least that would be 11 on 11 ball. One big problem is that the coaching staff can't figure out how to make cribbs a weapon on a regular basis. Yes I know he had a nice catch today but that does not happen often.

The Miami Dolphins did fine with the "gimmicks".

I see no reason why the package shouldn't be used more than it is. And the 10 against 11 statement is wrong. They still have to cover him.

As far as making Cribbs a weapon, well, it would help if he had better hands and ran better routes.

Archived